Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 12:51 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Yes he does have issues.

But transgender is a real thing.... there are tons of medical articles supporting that Gender Dysphoria does exist and is listed in the DSM. I think I'll take the medical community's word over some arbitrary poster.
It's only newly listed as a DSM since nutty Leftists took over the field. It used to be considered a mental disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 12:51 PM

4,660 posts, read 1,951,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
There's no reason to be so worked up over being called "sir."

Three slappies!

My mother who had short hair was on occasion called Sir...This also occasionally happened to another friend of hers after they started to hit middle age and had gone out without makeup. They just kind of laughed it off and shook their heads as part of growing older. No one ever means to offend its just a mistake.

This is what upsets me and just about everyone i know with those who call themselves Transwhatever, its not their choice to be Transgender, which no one really gives a flying fig about but their rage at someone not necessarily treating them exactly like they want to be treated. Get over it, its few and far between that people do it as an insult or to hurt you, do what my Mother would do and just say "it's Ma'am not Sir" and laugh at the other persons embarrassment.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:52 PM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
I hope it picks a fight with another small dude who turns out to be a Jet Li with anger issues and zero compassion, or willingness to stop the beat down.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:57 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's only newly listed as a DSM since nutty Leftists took over the field. It used to be considered a mental disorder.
GID has been in the DSM since the 80s and studies have been around since the 50s. It is essentially the same as Gender Dysphoria listed currently. You may not agree with the DSM listing but tons of articles (outside the DSM) support that transgenderism does indeed exist. Take DSM out of the discussion and that doesn't change anything.. Ignoring the DSM doesn't make all supporting studies and medical professionals behind them go away.

Typical dismissive "it must be leftists" mentality.... Everything you don't agree with must be lefty... shows a lack of thought... and reliance on a boogyman to establish a case (lack there of)

Old 01-01-2019, 07:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
GID has been in the DSM since the 80s and studies have been around since the 50s. It is essentially the same as Gender Dysphoria listed currently. You may not agree with the DSM listing but tons of articles (outside the DSM) support that transgenderism does indeed exist. Take DSM out of the discussion and that doesn't change anything.. Ignoring the DSM doesn't make all supporting studies and medical professionals behind them go away.

Typical dismissive "it must be leftists" mentality.... Everything you don't agree with must be lefty... shows a lack of thought... and reliance on a boogyman to establish a case (lack there of)
It's a mental disorder. As in not normal. As in these people need help, not reinforcement that the mental illness is perfectly OK.

I don't think anyone is disputing THAT.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:29 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Yes he does have issues.

But transgender is a real thing.... there are tons of medical articles supporting that Gender Dysphoria does exist and is listed in the DSM. I think I'll take the medical community's word over some arbitrary poster.
Yeah, so is global warming.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:34 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times
Quote:
Yes he does have issues.

What are the neurological and physiological causes?

There is absolutely zero evidence that one can be "born into the wrong body." My guess is that you understand quite well that changes in how transsexualism-crossdressing is regarded by the medical and psychiatric community is driven by politics, not science.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:04 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
the irony here is this individual is obviously confused about his gender then he is surprised when someone else is also confused about his gender

they breed this kind of stupid(dont waste your time or mine with the tired "not all" defense on this) in California.. God help Americas future
The cure for all these sick fairy tales cost about .30-.50 each. Tools that try to make this “thing” sound normal are sick as well! I’m surprised we haven’t heard the “that time of the month” excuse yet!

Old 01-01-2019, 09:09 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNW View Post
I find it truly amazing how much the right can fear and hate transgenders so much.
More amazing is how some people will tolerate and excuse freaks!

Old 01-01-2019, 10:49 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
I do feel bad for this person.

I think somebody (maybe a friend or a family members) should reach out to her and maybe suggest some kind of professional help.

I know a biological woman who acted just like that after she received some kind of hormone treatment, (she wants to have a child in order to keep her husband). If this person is taking female hormone, maybe it is about time to adjust the dosage.

I am not an expert, nor do I know the answer. But it is obvious to me that this person is not a very happy person. I hope she can find some relief soon. I use the word "she" because maybe this is what she wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies