Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 08:18 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I really wonder what level of ignorance or intellectual dishonesty it must take to be so sure your side knows better than the professionals who do it for a living. The "boots on the ground" overwhelmingly say a wall will allow them to more effectively do their job.
So would updates in border security that have already been allotted for, so...

Old 12-30-2018, 08:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Do you liberals ever wonder why you lost the blue collar white vote to such a scumbag? If it was racism you would have lost the blue collar white vote in the sixties.
I never wonder at all. One only has to turn on Fox or listen to hate radio for five minutes to realize that vast numbers of Americans are know-nothings. It ties right in with 60% of Americans or more unable to find Iraq on a map.

The results of an election mean nothing in the scheme or right and wrong. 80% of Americans wanted to go gung-ho into Iraq. Does that make them right? Ask Americans today and you will find that only 30% wanted. Somehow they changed their minds......

I actually don't know what your rant means, but I do wish Americans turned off the TV, Video Games and Radio and actually traveled, read and learned things. It may be happening among the younger generations.

I wouldn't care if 95% of Americans were ignorant or know-nothings and won every election. That wouldn't change my world-view even a little bit. You see - it's not about winning or losing. It's about being decent human beings and being educated and civil and leaving a better world and country to future generations.

It's not a foosball game.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:32 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yes, I know that is your opinion. Fine.

But it doesn't change the OP of the thread that there is NOTHING Trump can do to make the crazed base turn on him. We see, as today, that a highly respected General has called him immoral and a liar. Same goes for many Republicans and Conservatives. But true deplorables wouldn't care if he personally machine gunned people...

You act as if they are making a logical and reasonable move by sticking with him...when that is not the case. Eventually, unless your Authoritarian ideals take over, the Majority will once again rule and you and I and everyone else will have to accept that is what The People want....no matter how many silly memes Alex Jones inserts into our heads.

As of now, 30% more Americans disapprove than approve. That's been the case since he's been in office....and the midterms told that tale. Whatever benefit of the doubt some gave him is long gone. Now we have an unstable immoral liar at the helm and trillions have already gone down the tube.

I think part of it involves two things:

1. He beat Hillary, and thus some people are willing to give him a pass on anything because of that.

2. A desire to troll/P-off liberals.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:32 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Excerpt from your Link.
I noticed that you chose to only look at the events between 1982 and 2012. Why did you intentionally ignore the 45 cases since then? Let me help you out…

Latino Males. 7
Black Males. 9
White Males. 20
Black Females. 1
Asian Males. 2
Native American Females. 1
Native American Males. 1
Other (Muslim) Males. 3
Other (Muslim) Females. 1

Once again, your post was a flat out lie.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:54 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Thank Goddess this man is old and will likely die of natural causes before he can do too much damage.

Wow, the pot just really called the kettle black.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:09 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I haven't read the Twitter post itself--don't do Twitter--and haven't really read any in-depth stories about what he said--
Just know in general he blame their deaths on the Democrats...

My query is just has Trump finally gone over the top with what he says--who he blames--how he chooses what to focus on to draw attention away from him and his actions---
Trump is right. The deaths of those migrant children are the fault of the Democrats and their message of wanting an open border. And migrants also know that Democrats are soft on children. So because of these bleeding heart liberals, migrants keep traveling to the US and bring along their children as a means to get into the country easier. And because the Democrats are trying to keep migrant families together, migrants think that by having children with them, they won't be held in detention centers and instead be fast tracked into being allowed to roam in the US freely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies