Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 12:28 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

I haven't read the Twitter post itself--don't do Twitter--and haven't really read any in-depth stories about what he said--
Just know in general he blame their deaths on the Democrats...

My query is just has Trump finally gone over the top with what he says--who he blames--how he chooses what to focus on to draw attention away from him and his actions---

Fonzie jumping the shark supposedly marked the death knell of "Happy Days" which was already in decline and now that phrase has taken on a life of its own--used for years as a market for when something has lost its appeal and is tanking...

Some commentators have said that Trump's penchant for lying --and lying over things that are so easy to prove are lies--will eventually come back to bite him because there WILL BE A TIME when Trump and the country desperately need for his Tweet/comment/message needs to be taken at face value and believed because of the crisis facing the US and he won't get that belief he needs because he has squandered it over the history of vapid tweets and tantrums...
We have seen his and his Administration's comments result in havoc on Wall Street this past month (at least if not before), on foreign policy with Mattis's exit over Syria and even Graham's criticism. We have the going-nowhere North Korea policy--and his inability to understand sucking aid money out of Central America could be the worst thing to do facing the illegal immigration push...

Kelly is in the news today spilling the beans about Trump's lack of DESIRE to be informed on matters he is making decisions on that impact the world...that it is not lack of information that makes bad choices...

So it is certainly possible that even people who supported Trump initially may be waining in their credulity when he rants and raves about all the bogeymen and dire threats they pose...

When is enough, enough?

When do people just start to not pay attention to Trump?

I know it is very unlikely the media will stop pushing his story line--and in Jan when Congress reconvenes and the Dems hold the House an entire new struggle begins
But has Trump's own penchant for overblown and innacurate hyperbole finally started to work against him?

Old 12-30-2018, 12:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I haven't read the Twitter post itself--don't do Twitter--and haven't really read any in-depth stories about what he said--
Just know in general he blame their deaths on the Democrats...
Maybe you should change your name to "loves2speculate".

Old 12-30-2018, 12:46 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
But has Trump's own penchant for overblown and innacurate hyperbole finally started to work against him?
I think only when he stops talking about illegal immigrants. If he gets to that point, even the crazies will give up on him. Unless of course he moves onto another minority, like East Indians or Chinese or a middle eastern terrorist attack. (Never a white terrorist attack) The trumpettes hang onto illegal immigration as if theres no one else that they can feel superior to.

Really the elections jumped the shark when he was elected.

Old 12-30-2018, 12:50 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,609,858 times
If people didn't think Trump's behavior was far, far below the dignity and the leadership example for adults and children the the POTUS should be setting a long time ago, then I don't think there is any hope for them knowing the difference between what should and shouldn't be said now.

Apparently, these people just don't care or somehow it's okay just because the person has some similar political views.

Old 12-30-2018, 12:53 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
If people didn't think Trump's behavior was far, far below the dignity and the leadership example for adults and children the the POTUS should be setting a long time ago, then I don't think there is any hope for them knowing the difference between what should and shouldn't be said now.

Apparently, these people just don't care or somehow it's okay just because the person has some similar political views.
I agree.

Hell, I thought the Access Hollywood tape was the death knell for Individual 1, so what do I know??

I’m just here to see it when it happens...whenever the hell that is.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:07 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Actually, it is democrats/far leftists that have jumped the shark. This officially occurred when liberals began forcing their gender confusion and identity issues on the rest of America. Tranny bathrooms was a push too far, and America pushed back.

Also, wealth inequality exploded under Obama. People are waking up to this reality.

Trump's policies are based on common sense, true equality, and the idea that government is supposed to work for the citizens, not illegal aliens and not businesses that demand illegal workers. Trump also displays tremendous courage and willingness to dig in and fight the good fight. Trump's policies are backed by reality and common sense, while leftists policies are backed by fantasy and BS.

God bless America, and god bless America for fighting back against tyranny and bloated government!

Old 12-30-2018, 01:08 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Trump said that he would be PROUD to shut the government down.

We saw and heard him say that. Isn't that enough? Then he turns right around and tries to blame it on the Democrats. Now he's trying the same tactic, trying to blame the deaths of children on the Democrats.

If he's so bigly in charge, then it's all on him. He should own it.

But I don't hear any of his followers changing their minds over any of this.

So...I still say--we in the middle, both libs and conservs, should get together. No, I don't think the Trumpists will change. I also don't think the extreme left will change. But the majority--of both parties--the people in the middle--they should pull together and fix the immigration system and whatever else needs improving. The power is in the middle ground.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
I think Trump's penchant for lying and hyperbole is what brought us this shutdown.

Trump just had to impulsively play big man and declare that he would accept all responsibility for a shutdown, and then like the coward he is, he immediately started blaming the Dems when it happened.

This guy jumped the shark a long time ago. As Joe Scarborough astutely observed - he was a punchline in NY. He just never stops lying and inventing fiction (except when reading others' words from a teleprompter). He seems to not even be able to distinguish the truth from fiction--I don't think he knows the difference any more. The fact that anyone still believes anything he says is rather alarming.

You can fill up pages and pages with lies and phony BS he has said. But try to fill pages of him being honest and ethical ever--good luck--it is almost impossible. He cheats on his wives, he cheats at golf, he cheats on taxes, he even lies about being religious. I think the most honest thing that has ever come out of his mouth in his life is that he would date Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Actually, it is democrats/far leftists that have jumped the shark. This officially occurred when liberals began forcing their gender confusion and identity issues on the rest of America. Tranny bathrooms was a push too far, and America pushed back.

Also, wealth inequality exploded under Obama. People are waking up to this reality.

Trump's policies are based on common sense, true equality, and the idea that government is supposed to work for the citizens, not illegal aliens and not businesses that demand illegal workers. Trump also displays tremendous courage and willingness to dig in and fight the good fight. Trump's policies are backed by reality and common sense, while leftists policies are backed by fantasy and BS.

God bless America, and god bless America for fighting back against tyranny and bloated government!

IF that were true, corporations wouldn't get permanent tax breaks while the citizens he allegedly works for get temporary ones.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:12 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Trump said that he would be PROUD to shut the government down.

We saw and heard him say that. Isn't that enough? Then he turns right around and tries to blame it on the Democrats. Now he's trying the same tactic, trying to blame the deaths of children on the Democrats.

If he's so bigly in charge, then it's all on him. He should own it.

But I don't hear any of his followers changing their minds over any of this.

So...I still say--we in the middle, both libs and conservs, should get together. No, I don't think the Trumpists will change. I also don't think the extreme left will change. But the majority--of both parties--the people in the middle--they should pull together and fix the immigration system and whatever else needs improving. The power is in the middle ground.

Government is too big a drain on America at it's present size. You can always promise free crap in exchange for votes, but it doesn't mean we the people can afford to keep all these promises. Something has to change, otherwise this country will be financially ruined for generations to come. Prosperity will be a thing of that past, and future generations will wonder why anyone thought this country was special in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies