Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 08:09 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,143,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It would be interesting if our first female President was also our first (faux) Indian President...according to her DNA test, there is one millionth to one possibly that she has Indian blood in her going back 10-15 generations ago so she was right to steal that minority hire position from a deserving minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 08:10 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Nope! Beto is my guy!

Having said that, if she wins the nom, I’ll be all in. #anyonenotGOP
Me too! Love Beto. I hope he runs.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:10 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Classic
I suspect you have always been this way, regardless of Trump. One suspects you have never voted for a Republican based on the things you have said in your many posts.

So you are in reality a Yellow Dog Democrat then?
The irony of course, with you being a black woman, is that Yellow Dog Democrats only called themselves that because they would vote for a yellow dog, before voting for a Republican.
Why?
Simple, because the Republicans ended slavery and brought the "scourge of carpet bagging blacks" upon the Democrats.

As to Bob being your guy, you do realize he is guilty of so called "cultural appropriation" almost as bad as Warren, right?
She did it to get affirmative action points and other perceived career benefits by pretending to be red. Good old Irishman Robert Francis O'Rouke (aka El Cid or Panco Villa,,,,whichever Trump chooses) decided to start using "Beto" at the behest of his father.
Unlike Warren, the reason was purely for appeal to racial/ethic politics, hoping enough ignorant people would think he was at least partially brown.

But don't let me ruin your fun with a dream ticket of Cid/Pocahontas 2020.
Or is that sexist/misogynistic of me to put the brown man in front of the red woman?

`
You have no credibility with me, so there’s no possibility of that.

For the record, I didn’t always vote straight dem, though, I will now for sure! (Eff you, spineless and corrupt GOP!)

Old 12-31-2018, 08:12 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, if Donald Trump isn't wearing a striped suit in 2020, his chances of winning anything will be so low that you could run a horse against him, and the horse would win. Trump is absolutely the gift that keeps on giving, and every time he opens his mouth, his foot goes in a little deeper.

All indicators are, Mueller is getting close to wrapping things up, and the next few months are going to be VERY INTERESTING ! My guess is, by 2020 the only thing Trump will have a chance of winning is "prisoner of the month".
You'll have an intelligent post on this board before Donny goes to jail.

I'm not holding my breath for either one.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:13 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, if Donald Trump isn't wearing a striped suit in 2020, his chances of winning anything will be so low that you could run a horse against him, and the horse would win. Trump is absolutely the gift that keeps on giving, and every time he opens his mouth, his foot goes in a little deeper.

All indicators are, Mueller is getting close to wrapping things up, and the next few months are going to be VERY INTERESTING ! My guess is, by 2020 the only thing Trump will have a chance of winning is "prisoner of the month".
Haha! I say I-1 is a lock for Worst Leader in the History of Earth.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:16 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,271,606 times
Oh boy!! Her running is going to be even more fun than Hillary running. I can't wait to see the fireworks or smoke signals.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:17 AM

16,560 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
“ I don’t vote” is the largest political party in the US.

This is followed by Independents who outnumber registered Democrats and Republicans.

I remain hopeful for the emergence of a viable third party ticket to disrupt the 2020 election.
All a popular 3rd party candidate would do is take away votes from whatever perceived group would have supported one of the major two parties. Never in our history has a 3rd party candidate even come close to winning, and only proving to be a spoiler for a major candidate.
Heck if you look back in history, even a popular former president couldn't win running 3rd party, and only served to scuttle the person in his original party.
In more modern times, Perot was very popular, but only served as a spoiler helping Bill Clinton beat Bush Sr without a majority of the votes.
Remember how many EC votes Perot received?
Correct, ZERO!

If a viable 3rd party ever emerges in our lifetime, they certainly have no chance in 2020.

`

Old 12-31-2018, 08:18 AM

15,630 posts, read 10,385,367 times
there will be a legion of 2020 democrat presidential candidates. warren is just one of dozens who have hinted they will run for the nomination. Should be interesting next two years.

I wonder which horse the press will pick? the mainstream media journalists and the DNC will steer that ship.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:20 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
there will be a legion of 2020 democrat presidential candidates. warren is just one of dozens who have hinted they will run for the nomination. Should be interesting next two years.

I wonder which horse the press will pick? the mainstream media journalists and the DNC will steer that ship.
Agree. Couldn't rep you again. One of the biggest let-downs was the way the DNC pushed Bernie out, and the way the press took out Ron Paul a few years back.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:21 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,271,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

I wonder which horse the press will pick? journalists and the DNC will steer that ship.
They will pick a liberal woman. Warren fits the bill perfectly. She is well known nationally, for open borders and a Trump hater. What more could any liberal ask for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies