Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 07:26 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
It’s a fixed fortification; one would have to be historically remiss to think that a wall can’t be overcome.

One would also be ignorant to think that a wall did not hinder their process.....

Old 01-10-2019, 07:26 PM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? Are you unaware that both Schumer and Obama passed the actual wall bill back in 2006? Why did they do that if it were too expensive and wouldn't work and had environmental issues?

The good walls already in place have been very effective in deterring illegal entry. Oh, I forgot you lefties think they are ineffective unless 100% of illegals are stopped? 80-90% isn't good enough for you?

I guess you guys know better than the Border Patrol and Homeland Security that state they do work and are needed? WTH?

The wildlife and environmental excuses are bogus also. The wall is only for 700 miles on the most porous areas of our border and there will always be legal ports of entry.

It's Nancy and Chuck that don't want to negotiate. A week ago Schumer said no wall, period. At a meeting this week Nancy said the same. Where's the negotiating on their part with those statements.?
You can keep trying to put words in people's mouths, but you don't get any closer to a truth.

1 It's not the "lefties" that arent happy with less than 100%.
2 Which Border Patrol & Homeland Security personnel do we beliwve? You are aware of dissenting opinions, are you not?
3 Wildlife & environment concerns are not bogus. Do a little research. Animals & floodwaters do not confine to legal ports of entry.
4 Trump has refused every opportunity to discuss border issues, which go beyond this overpriced wall.

Trump must check his ego. I heard a piece on the news about him continuing to insist on this wall with no concession. In it, he was talking about staying the course because "his senators" will hold him to it. They are the people's. He needs to understand this country is more than his base.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:27 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
What will happen, if we build that steel fence, is that the scrappers will be chopping pieces out of it and selling them at the local scrap yard.

Is that what is happening now to the many miles of steel fencing we currently have in place?

Old 01-10-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The first wall few years ago the contractor actually hired illegals. Facts

Facts are demonstrated by references, not declarations they are fact. And that's a fact, Jack.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:29 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
As I watch the debate about the building of the wall I wonder if those who oppose it actually know that? I watch the Chuck and Nancy laugh and joke and hold hostage good and knowing Americans.

There were good people, young raped, tortured and killed by the people who come in illegally?

Honestly, to my mind, I cannot fathom how any person would not vote to support a barrier to prevent this and I am not seeking any answers. I want you to examine what you gain by taking part in your refusal to support our President. As you search the rhetoric present in the current debate let us not forget those who have been killed.

Please remember these noble and beautiful people killed by illegal immigrants.

Serious Crimes Committed by Illegal Aliens | FAIRus.org

Before I even read the leftist replies in here (actually I won't because I'm sick of the parrots in here) these will be the usual lame excuses.

1. A wall is useless and ineffective (in spite of the facts to the contrary) because it won't stop illegal entry 100%.

2. It's too expensive. Actually a $25 billion wall is cheaper than the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us.

3. They will deflect with the visa over stayers even though there are thousands still jumping our border every month.

4. But, but, but I thought Mexico was paying for the wall even though I have posted a link on how Trump plans to do that.

5. We have home grown criminals so we shouldn't bother stopping those coming here illegally and committing crimes.

6. Illegal aliens pump up our economy. We need these poor, unskilled and uneducated because Americans are inferior workers and illegals pay taxes ( even though they pay far less than they cost us).

Did I miss anything? I don't have the lefty liberal play book in front of me nor the by rules of the Parrot Club in here. Feel free to add the ones I have missed as I sure there are some.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
People!! You build it- they will breach it ! Remember people climb Mt Everest - they climb to the weirdest places. If a man made it, another one can undo it

So what? You must be late to the party. We've covered this many times. The intent is not to block every attempted crossing. Hundreds, and even thousands, may be able to get across it. But not hundreds of thousands.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:31 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Before I even read the leftist replies in here (actually I won't because I'm sick of the parrots in here) these will be the usual lame excuses.

1. A wall is useless and ineffective (in spite of the facts to the contrary) because it won't stop illegal entry 100%.

2. It's too expensive. Actually a $25 billion wall is cheaper than the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us.

3. They will deflect with the visa over stayers even though there are thousands still jumping our border every month.

4. But, but, but I thought Mexico was paying for the wall even though I have posted a link on how Trump plans to do that.

5. We have home grown criminals so we shouldn't bother stopping those coming here illegally and committing crimes.

6. Illegal aliens pump up our economy. We need these poor, unskilled and uneducated because Americans are inferior workers and illegals pay taxes ( even though they pay far less than they cost us).

Did I miss anything? I don't have the lefty liberal play book in front of me nor the by rules of the Parrot Club in here. Feel free to add the ones I have missed as I sure there are some.
You missed this: “Russia! Russia! Russia!”

Old 01-10-2019, 07:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
This is fabulous. What a dumbarse.

I hope he reads the comments, like this one:

https://twitter.com/PatriotsOfMars/s...46001933914118

Old 01-10-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
One would also be ignorant to think that a wall did not hinder their process.....

They'd also have to be pretty ignorant to expect that a wall be 100% effective or it's useless. 80-90% isn't good enough for these fools?

Old 01-10-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, but why try to saw through it when you can just climb over it? Just pick a good time to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JEgECrhdK8

The last one who tried to scale one of the "good" walls broke both legs trying. Next.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies