Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 11:16 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How about this... Just tear the wall down, let anyone in and be done with it <sarcasm> Will that make Dems happy?

Did you really think he meant that Mexico would just cut a check?
Seems you are taking a page from Trump's chapter on wild exaggeration, but to your question...

No. I didn't think Mexico would just cut a check or do other than they did. I still don't know what Trump meant other than to put some imaginary icing on the imaginary cake he was serving up to his supporters like kids at an imaginary birthday party!

Old 01-20-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pubs don't believe in evolving.

In tRump's case, let's just call it squirming.
B-b-but Obama!

Whataboutism = weak sauce.

No need to mention your anger and disappointment, chuck

Your posts bleed with it.

Enjoy this sprightly retort.

Forrest has advice for you.

And instead of constantly whining about my posts, why don't you just go ahead and one-up me? Post your own witty little comeback.

Unless you don't know how to.

Carry on.

"Whataboutism." Good one.

"Your finger prints are all over the gun that killed him!"

"But what about all the other finger prints on all the other guns in the world?!?"

He's a master at whataboutism! Thinks it works! Please don't encourage him!

Old 01-20-2019, 11:21 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Oh no, please not again with the look over there at Obama ruse...

Even "mad...blah blah blah" is better than that old routine, but I see we're still wallowing at the depths of immaturity here. Don't let me get in the way of you having more fun with all that!

LOL, I though you liked history....unless it goes against you....

The depth of immaturity, is not looking back and seeing where the screws ups were.

And don't worry, you won't. Why would you think that?

Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Whataboutism." Good one. He's a master at whataboutism! Please don't encourage him!

LOL again....the past when you disagree with it, is "whataboutism", just ask you new friend og, he fails to answer anything...when you back him in a corner, he comes back and say's your mad and then posts another stupid cartoon....

ETA, lm, edited his post, but not going to update this post because what lm added, is well....useless....

Old 01-20-2019, 11:24 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not so fast.

tRump is "evolving" on the issue.

He now speaks of a barrier or slats or a fence.

No mention of his "big beautiful 30 ft wall of reinforced concrete!"

He's a rudderless boat on stormy waters.

Interesting. Some wall commend that as being flexible and willing to compromise.

Bottom line - you hate Trump and there is nothing he could do that you would not hate. If he sticks to the original version of the wall he is being stubborn and uncompromising. If he backs off a bit he is rudderless and suffering dementia.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:25 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Does anybody here truly believe that the Wall is "racist"? How can it be racist to secure the border of your country?

Isn't a national border supposed to prevent people from the other side from entering your country without permission?

Old 01-20-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why is it absurd, when it's been proven in the areas that the wall has recently been built, has stopped upwards of 90% of crossings?

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work
You ask this question after quoting what I wrote about the absurdity of believing Mexico would pay for the wall, so I hope you don't mind if don't bother further, other than to simply refer you to the many other comments I have posted about what works and what doesn't. I think you need to read those comments a little more carefully too, if you want to better understand anyway...

Old 01-20-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Why do Trump/MAGA supporters only care about building a southern border wall? Is it a racist thing against central/south american inhabitants?

I'll answer when you tell me how many caravans of migrants have arrived at our northern border.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:29 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Does anybody here truly believe that the Wall is "racist"?

How can it be racist to secure the border of your country?
A moot point because it's just plain stupid to fall for Trump's panic driven deflections in the first place. The grifter plays on the fears and ignorance of birther types. Border security does not get solved with a Ming Dnasty era wall.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
All in all its just another brick in the wall.

If you don't kick your feet, how can you have any pudding? (Yes, I know it's actually 'eat yer meat')
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies