Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 12:06 PM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Trump: Campaign promises > Wedding vows. Got it!
?

Old 01-24-2019, 12:08 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,950 times
another halfassed suggestion. you have to keep people out in the first place.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:10 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Again you wrote, "Everyone wants the same success but they don't want to put in the effort to get it." (Your comment #2663).

My pointing out how your comment expresses a supremacist sort of notion is not "the race card." It's pointing at YOUR words -- verbatim -- very easy to read as part of your explanation for our American success vs others.
How is that racist when the vast majority of Hondurans who remain behind and make the best of their country are of the same race? The Hondurans who leave and the Hondurans who stay are the same race so how is being critical of the behaviour of one of those groups based on race? Behaviour - the manner in which one chooses to live their life - is not genetic.

You are the racist, seeing and attributing everything through a colored lens.
Your words, "How do you explain such a belief other than by way of some sort of genetic difference?", in post #2856 for all to see, clearly shows that. You not only see that a person's choice to put out effort as due to a "genetic difference" but you cannot even imagine it being due to anything else like political or cultural environment.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:11 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
He wont take it because it is not and has never been about border security for him.

It is about 2 things:

1) Dumb sound byte slogans that simple minds can latch on to AKA style over substance
2) Erecting a monument to his ego that will remain after he is gone

An actual, effective approach to security accomplishes neither of those things.
You hit the nail on the head here. Anyone that really, really believes that Trump cares one iota about our border security is flying higher than a kite on something. It's just another simple minded appeal to the base - and it works. Just read the posts here from people that actually buy into this fairy tale.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:12 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,469 times
Can we have automated homing rockets and laser beams on the smart wall? Could be the most effective wall ever. Just have skynet man the wall and no more illegals will come.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:21 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Trump hasn't talked about a "hard wall", if by that you mean concrete, for a long time. It is an incorrect Democrat talking point that that is what his position is. He's been very clear about what ever barrier and what ever you call it, that the pros on the border want and where they want it.
Clyburn is a nice man, but not Speaker of the House. NANCY is the one who has to make this proposal and schedule a vote.

Nancy Pelosi, "If somebody is here without sufficient documentation, that is not reason for deportation."
Hillary Clinton, "Of the people, the undocumented people living in our country, I do not want to see them deported."

In a 2018 Harvard/Harris poll 36% of Democrats favored an open border vs 13% of Republicans.

Yes the Democrats are for open borders
So are the business owners who hire them. Check out who does not want a wall. The owners who did not want e verify was a surprise.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:24 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
His campaign promise was that Mexico would pay for the wall, and we wouldn't pay a dime. If he fully delivers on his campaign promise, then he'll have his wall, but the fat ass won't get away with half-assing this one.
It was campaign rhetoric, kind of like, "the first thing I'll do is close Guantanamo."
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yeah, border patrol, homeland security, have been REAL effective...How many cities and states have major heroin epidemics right now?
So since locks on your front door and the front door itself didn't prevent your home from being burgled, stop locking your doors, and in fact remove the doors? I mean, they don't work afterall.....

Quote:
LOL Maybe its time to concede that what they have been doing, is not at all effective, time to try something else?
I agree. Untied States Border Marines stationed every 1,000 yards with an M240B trained south and shoot anything and every thing that enters the restricted border zone. Let's try that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
This isn’t some high school kids with a drone on the local soccer field. A high tech drone with facial recognition and gps could follow a border crosser as long as it had battery life, alerting authorities of their location the whole time. A computer could control hundreds af them along the border. Motion activated and aware the entire time. As opposed to a wall, which does nothing proactive to stop crossers.
So kindly explain how the wall wasn't effective in the pictures below and how a drone would have been more effective.

Quote:
But the DEA claims 90% of the drugs are coming in thru checkpoints, not way out in the desert.
That isn't what they said. They said 90 percent of heroin seized along the border was caught at legal crossing points. They have NO IDEA how much heroin was NOT SEIZED at legal crossing points nor how much heroin was NOT SEIZED at illegal crossing points.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:24 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
This is an "open border" vs "closed border" debate. That's it.

Depending on how old you are or where you're from, you may remember the "wet foot, dry foot" policy regarding Cuban immigrants. This is the same thing.

Once they step foot on American soil, they're here to stay. Once they're here, they'll vote. Either immediately & illegally, or eventually, when the Democrat party naturalizes them and demands their vote in return for the effort. Regardless of whether or not they vote, they gain their host state seats in the House of Representatives. It's not a coincidence that the states openly and willingly hosting these people are all states heavy with Democrat leadership. Each illegal that crosses the border adds to the Democrat power base, even if only by their presence.

The Democrat party only cares about border security insofar as much as it stops the real, actual threats, which do exist, from entering. They absolutely do not want to stop the flow of people. Anyone who tells you different is either ignorant or lying.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:31 PM

29,544 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What you call mad logic, most people call it the truth.

What's ridiculous about my claim. Be specific.

Well, we provide them with the info that I provided above...you know, that info that you called ridiculous...

You have to be more specific in this question.

Your right, and you are proving that. You doing agree with my facts, therefore I'm ridiculous...

You're right...you have no clue.
I thought my tongue-in-cheek sarcasm was easy enough to catch, but I see I lost you...

Specifically, I am referring directly to your repeated suggestion that anyone who doesn't agree with you "doesn't care about people being killed."

Calling that any sort of "logic" is far too kind. It's more like a very weak if not ridiculous straw man argument if it is anything worth considering any further...

Old 01-24-2019, 12:40 PM

24,482 posts, read 17,220,223 times
UGH A physical wall is needed along portions of the border. It doesn't have to be run the entire 2000 miles but 10-20 miles placed here and there where there are problems will help funnel people to checkpoints where they can plead their asylum case.

Electronic means are important but they can be turned off when a feel good Pro "Immigrant" Democrat gets into office.

A wall is cannot be turned off or told to stand down.

A wall is piece of mind that the causal law breaker won't cross into our country and if they still try it then we know they are up to no good.

Having only a smart wall would be like parking your car in a bad section of town with the doors unlocked and then relying on some type of phone ap to tell you it is being stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies