Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 08:34 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The point being is that desperate people will find a way to get here as we know all too well here in Florida.
In case you haven't noticed America is surrounded by water...bigly water !

Bigly water very wet water from the standpoint of water

Old 01-27-2019, 10:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Bigly water very wet water from the standpoint of water

"That I can tell you."

Old 01-27-2019, 10:14 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Please do, we'll wait.

LOL, still not looking at the website I see:

https://search.usa.gov/search?utf8=%...&commit=Search
Please do? Think? After I suggest you think? About how a POTUS influences the information on these sites?

I suppose the playground "I know I am but what are you" antics can't be helped, but... "LOL."

Now too I'm "still" not looking at the website?

All this time I've been addressing what you have posted, that website, and somehow I haven't looked at it? Still? I am forever baffled by your comments including this one after having looked at the HS website (and many other government websites) many times over many years, including more recently as you have insisted over and over and over again, but here I will like to thank you for pointing something out that I should have better clarified.

“Climate change” and “global warming” are disappearing from government websites

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...online-website

This link does a better -- more accurate -- job of explaining where the changes have been most evident thanks to Trump after he took office, along the lines I was trying to explain about how this information can and does change as a result of whomever does take office. That's my overall point, but thanks for bringing this into clearer focus than I did.

If you look at the link you provide (as I have again), you might note what is not there anymore (emphasis on man's immediate contribution to climate change). What we now read as "preventative measures" has far less to do with polluting less, emitting less green house gases, but protecting infrastructure from the EFFECTS of climate change. (See 6 Preventive Measures).

This is the change I was referring to, between the direction of the Obama administration and Trump's, reflected in the website you keep posting and the rest. Obama; more environmental protection, little about the wall. Trump; less environmental protection, website that tells us "walls work" (and longest government shutdown ever, all about the wall).

That and all else Trump has done to gut the EPA and all the rest in keeping with Trump's new focus on the wall vs curbing the man-caused impact on climate change.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
See^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^perfect example...when you are talking down to me, it does not mean you are right, it makes you feel better, even though you are wrong....don't like my explanation, get over it.

Take your own advice.
I have to ignore much you go on about that goes all over the place and away from the facts of these matters. I make the effort to explain my opinion and back it up with more than the usual quips, and for you that's "blah." For me all the "blah" is you explaining all about how you feel and please have mercy! Not again with what determines who is right!

My advice is to focus on the exchange of information, where our opinion may differ and why. Explain yourself. Never mind all the rest that may get in the way of that focus. We all have our ways when it comes to this sort of effort. Some like you with "thin skins." Others not so emotionally prone. Some pat me on the back and agree with my opinion. Others disagree and explain why, like mature adults. Still others get defensive, demonstrating their insecurities and focus more on still more dumb explanation about how simply expressing an opinion doesn't make it right!

With all due respect, again, what better response is there to that sort of waste of key strokes than "duh?"

Or maybe "no kidding" would be better?

Perhaps also condescending, but when someone like you keeps insisting on making those sorts of weak defensive obvious claims it becomes very hard to maintain patience. I'm not Buddha...

Last edited by LearnMe; 01-27-2019 at 10:45 AM..

Old 01-27-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Yet here you are...

Ummm I Was responding to you when I responded with "duh."

Sorry you don't have the ability to understand this...
Think what you want of course.

Maybe I should devote all your sort of effort on explaining how you can think what you want, but that's you, not me...

Maybe I lack the ability if you like, but from where I'm sitting I think lacking the patience is more like it!

Old 01-27-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The "sense of superiority" is thinking that you are somehow special in how you form and express your opinions. What you have done is project your racist views that behaviour can only be attributable to genetic differences by alleging that someone else's criticism of a people's behaviour is racist.
You and others may feel this sounds like me with my "sense of superiority" again, but your statement in bold simply does not make sense. As such, your entire comment is essentially unfounded. Obviously, no further explanation will work. I've tried, and no doubt this exchange with you and chucksnee is altogether "inferior" on all variety of levels, or so I'm sure we should be able to agree about at least this. Please.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
More pedantic name-calling and insults from you?
Right. Maybe I'm the ONLY one who thinks all these immature "wah wah" types of retorts are anything but childish as compared to what someone might more typically expect at an adult table. Even worse, that someone should say so!

I can hear it already...

"You're just demonstrating you are a child because you point at someone else acting childish."

Don't bother. I've learned all too well how that "logic" goes!

Old 01-27-2019, 11:08 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Please do? Think? After I suggest you think? About how a POTUS influences the information on these sites?

I suppose the playground "I know I am but what are you" antics can't be helped, but... "LOL."

Now too I'm "still" not looking at the website?

All this time I've been addressing what you have posted, that website, and somehow I haven't looked at it? Still? I am forever baffled by your comments including this one after having looked at the HS website (and many other government websites) many times over many years, including more recently as you have insisted over and over and over again, but here I will like to thank you for pointing something out that I should have better clarified.

“Climate change” and “global warming” are disappearing from government websites

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...online-website

This link does a better -- more accurate -- job of explaining where the changes have been most evident thanks to Trump after he took office, along the lines I was trying to explain about how this information can and does change as a result of whomever does take office. That's my overall point, but thanks for bringing this into clearer focus than I did.

If you look at the link you provide (as I have again), you might note what is not there anymore (emphasis on man's immediate contribution to climate change). What we now read as "preventative measures" has far less to do with polluting less, emitting less green house gases, but protecting infrastructure from the EFFECTS of climate change. (See 6 Preventive Measures).

This is the change I was referring to, between the direction of the Obama administration and Trump's, reflected in the website you keep posting and the rest. Obama; more environmental protection, little about the wall. Trump; less environmental protection, website that tells us "walls work" (and longest government shutdown ever, all about the wall).

That and all else Trump has done to gut the EPA and all the rest in keeping with Trump's new focus on the wall vs curbing the man-caused impact on climate change.

This is from the search of that website. Not sure how or why you are missing it?

Quote:
www.dhs.gov/keywords/climate-change
Climate change will affect critical infrastructure, personnel, missions, and facilities in the near and distant future. Taking climate change into ... [PDF] www.dhs.gov

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/n...Env_080904.pdf
acid rain. In addition, nitrogen oxide emissions contribute to the problem of global warming and also combine with volatile organic compounds to form ...
[PDF] DHS Climate Action Plan

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fil...mpliant%29.pdf
THE DHS CLIMATE ACTION PLAN AT A GLIMPSE . In 2012, the Department of Homeland Security published the DHS Climate Change Adaptation ... level for all ...
Remarks by Secretary Jeh Johnson at the U.S. Coast Guard ...

http://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/05/19/r...h-commencement
Global warming presents challenges. For today’s homeland security, we must be vigilant militarily, in law enforcement, in our partnerships with state ...
Apparently you don't know how to search? I don't know, but I searched "climate change" on that very website and these were just the first couple of results....but I guess it's gone, no longer there.

So, again, I'm not sure how or why it's disappearing, when it still there.....

Old 01-27-2019, 11:12 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I have to ignore much you go on about that goes all over the place and away from the facts of these matters. I make the effort to explain my opinion and back it up with more than the usual quips, and for you that's "blah." For me all the "blah" is you explaining all about how you feel and please have mercy! Not again with what determines who is right!

My advice is to focus on the exchange of information, where our opinion may differ and why. Explain yourself. Never mind all the rest that may get in the way of that focus. We all have our ways when it comes to this sort of effort. Some like you with "thin skins." Others not so emotionally prone. Some pat me on the back and agree with my opinion. Others disagree and explain why, like mature adults. Still others get defensive, demonstrating their insecurities and focus more on still more dumb explanation about how simply expressing an opinion doesn't make it right!

With all due respect, again, what better response is there to that sort of waste of key strokes than "duh?"

Or maybe "no kidding" would be better?

Perhaps also condescending, but when someone like you keeps insisting on making those sorts of weak defensive obvious claims it becomes very hard to maintain patience. I'm not Buddha...

I back up my claims, you don't like what you so you blow it off.

All your posts are condescending....BTW, I'm not the only one who has noticed.

I can see why you find it hard to maintain patience, when you talk down to people who don't put up with your nonsense, it appears you don't like that? Oh well....

Old 01-27-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
This is from the search of that website. Not sure how or why you are missing it?

Apparently you don't know how to search? I don't know, but I searched "climate change" on that very website and these were just the first couple of results....but I guess it's gone, no longer there.

So, again, I'm not sure how or why it's disappearing, when it still there.....
Didn't miss it!

Might you read my comment (#3320) about this again? Including the link I provided about the changes?

I know once past two sentences it's all "blah blah blah" to you, but you are very LONG on all you want to pass along, very SHORT on much else!

My word, why do I bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies