Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 12:25 PM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I back up my claims, you don't like what you so you blow it off.

All your posts are condescending....BTW, I'm not the only one who has noticed.

I can see why you find it hard to maintain patience, when you talk down to people who don't put up with your nonsense, it appears you don't like that? Oh well....
While you continue to cry yourself that river, forgive me for signing off now, but I've got to move on...

You should maybe try to be more specific if I may also make that suggestion. I won't argue most of my replies to your comments are condescending in nature for all the reasons I've explained. Perhaps I should be more patient. I was working on that, but mostly just moved onto other comments that don't inspire condescension quite like yours do. I'll admit you get the better of me that way, but it's not "all my posts" in any case. It's mine about yours. There's a difference.

Also BTW, I'm not the only one you seem to similarly inspire that way, but I'm not one to keep those sorts of notes as if it matters what someone else might think. No big deal that others suggest your opinions are not all you think they are. Not to me anyway, but let's not think anyone is unique in these respects. Right? There is every version of "thinking" going on as expressed by the countless comments in these threads.

Just like the facts you choose to focus upon, so too you seem focused on the few select comments from a few others that suit your sensibilities and ego.

I'll leave you be now, so you can enjoy more repetition without me there to make note. Maybe tomorrow I can avoid noticing altogether, but you make that very hard to do...

On that too, however, I'm going to try and do better! Maybe tomorrow...

Old 01-27-2019, 12:58 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Didn't miss it!

Might you read my comment (#3320) about this again? Including the link I provided about the changes?

I know once past two sentences it's all "blah blah blah" to you, but you are very LONG on all you want to pass along, very SHORT on much else!

My word, why do I bother?

You obviously did....or you would not have re-posted about it disappearing.

With your posts.....that's all they say...blah blah blah, I'm better than you, blah blah blah, I'm better than you.....blah blah blah...I'm better than you....

Yes please, don't bother anymore....

Old 01-27-2019, 01:11 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
While you continue to cry yourself that river, forgive me for signing off now, but I've got to move on....

Please, completely sign off.....it would do this board much better.

Quote:
You should maybe try to be more specific if I may also make that suggestion. I won't argue most of my replies to your comments are condescending in nature for all the reasons I've explained.

I'm very specific, that's why I don't post long useless diatribes like you, I'm to the point. Seems you don't like that.

Quote:
Perhaps I should be more patient. I was working on that, but mostly just moved onto other comments that don't inspire condescension quite like yours do. I'll admit you get the better of me that way, but it's not "all my posts" in any case. It's mine about yours. There's a difference.

I don't care if you are patient or not, really....

So, it appears you can dish it but not take it....sad, but it's becoming the norm in the world lately....

Quote:
Also BTW, I'm not the only one you seem to similarly inspire that way, but I'm not one to keep those sorts of notes as if it matters what someone else might think. No big deal that others suggest your opinions are not all you think they are. Not to me anyway, but let's not think anyone is unique in these respects. Right? There is every version of "thinking" going on as expressed by the countless comments in these threads. .

Yes, and it appears, that when you are confronted with facts that go against your "thinking" it makes you mad.

Quote:
Just like the facts you choose to focus upon, so too you seem focused on the few select comments from a few others that suit your sensibilities and ego.

As you....shame you cannot see this, but this is the world today...

Quote:
I'll leave you be now, so you can enjoy more repetition without me there to make note. Maybe tomorrow I can avoid noticing altogether, but you make that very hard to do....

I bet you cannot avoid it....

Quote:
On that too, however, I'm going to try and do better! Maybe tomorrow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldAQ6Rh5ZI

I don't know why, but this reminds me of you...

Old 01-27-2019, 01:21 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Trump didn’t get a wall, but he got a cave.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:21 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Obviously, no further explanation will work. I've tried, and no doubt this exchange with you and chucksnee is altogether "inferior" on all variety of levels, or so I'm sure we should be able to agree about at least this. Please.

I'll agree with you on this. I'm done with the wall threads until there is some new development to discuss, i.e. a new bill or proposal on the table, emergency declaration, etc.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
And the BP reports back to one person on what they have seen, which gives them the entire picture, not a single sheriff perspective of what he thinks is going the entire length of the border.

Your quote is below....you said stop, not partially, nothing. You gave an absolute.

And go back and comprehend what I wrote.....I also said "or who has said that?"

Yes, lets hope.
And collectively, the sheriffs individual perspectives add up the the entire picture.

Read my quote again.

I understand what you've written. Perfectly.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'll agree with you on this. I'm done with the wall threads until there is some new development to discuss, i.e. a new bill or proposal on the table, emergency declaration, etc.
I wish there were something else/better to expect from any thread, about anything, but my experience has taught me much better is not likely in this forum. Apparently you and chucksnee have been here even longer than I have, so no doubt you have noticed the same thing. We really can't help ourselves...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hat-we-do.html

At least you seem to have a bit better common sense not to keep beating your head against the same wall. I respect that. Best to ignore those stuck in their repetitive mode like a broken record.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
You obviously did....or you would not have re-posted about it disappearing.

With your posts.....that's all they say...blah blah blah, I'm better than you, blah blah blah, I'm better than you.....blah blah blah...I'm better than you....

Yes please, don't bother anymore....
So you didn't understand my comment #3320?

Not surprised but honestly, what I wrote isn't that hard to understand, and I'm not the only one resigned not to keep spinning in the same circles. I certainly won't bother with that sort of thing anymore, so sorry I can't return a cute video of what you remind me of. I certainly didn't bother looking at yours.

Yesterday I signed off with the notion of making an effort to do better, to keep it civil to the extent patience will allow. Seems you missed that too. I will bother to add that you do remind me of this quote I used to pass along to my clients when I worked as their Executive Coach. You being the sort of person that always tests my ability not only to keep these words in mind but live by them. Unfortunately, I try but all too often fail, because I still need to work on my patience with certain things that certain people say and do...

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration; I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming. -- Goethe

I've been treating you as you are. My bad. I can do better. Thanks for reminding me of that goal, forever a personal work-in-progress for me.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:47 AM

197 posts, read 97,880 times
Wink "Progressive Paradise" Denmark is considering a border wall

C'mon, liberals in the U.S. We need to do what all the cool countries are doing.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/27/68815...P5hw4Wy87WbZ1A

Old 01-28-2019, 10:50 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
"But environmentalists warn the 5' high, 40 mile fence will harm the region's wildlife and not serve the function for which it's intended." And it's a fence to keep out boars, not migrants. Thread fail, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies