Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 01:28 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
An extension of the Dubya/Obama fence, started a dozen years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

As ANYONE can see, it's NOT tRump's wall.

So much winning.

Quote:
Money for the project came from the congressional budget passed in May 2017, signed by Trump.

LOL reading is fundamental....above is from the link you quoted...

Old 02-22-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
^^^

Yep

tRump hasn't built a single mile of new border barrier.

Quote:
  • El Centro Project (2.25 miles): Completed.
  • El Paso Project (20 miles): Completed
  • San Diego Primary Project (14 miles): Completion anticipated in May 2019.
  • El Paso Project (4 miles): Construction started in September.

Oh yea...I forgot, this a trump owned website....go ahead and say...

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

Old 02-22-2019, 01:37 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

That's maintenance and replacement for walls that was already funded and the walls were already there. In urban areas, where they work, like I preach. No one has any problem with that which is why it was funded under Obama and a right wing congress. You guys will grasp at any straw, no matter how short, to try and prop up your fearful leader.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:38 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:

The before and after pictures on that website clearly show that those projects are not new wall; they're upgrades of existing barriers.

And don't get me wrong - I'm fine with that; I agree that we need more border barriers and that many of our existing barriers are inadequate and need to be upgraded. I have no problem with that, and never did. But to claim that Trump has built new walls, as HE SPECIFICALLY PROMISED, does not appear to be true at this time.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
The before and after pictures on that website clearly show that those projects are not new wall; they're upgrades of existing barriers.

And don't get me wrong - I'm fine with that; I agree that we need more border barriers and that many of our existing barriers are inadequate and need to be upgraded. I have no problem with that, and never did. But to claim that Trump has built new walls, as HE SPECIFICALLY PROMISED, does not appear to be true at this time.

I have to disagree, from the link:

Quote:
  • $445M to construct a new levee wall system in the Rio Grande Valley Sector
  • $196M to construct a new steel bollard wall system in Rio Grande Valley Sector

This was provided in FY18 congress. So, he has, and this has zero to do with obama.

Quote:
In San Diego, we saw on Sunday that dilapidated, decades-old barriers are not sufficient for today’s threat and need to be removed so new – up to 30 foot wall sections can be completed.

Also from the link....

Old 02-22-2019, 02:08 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:

Why don't you just point to the Great Wall of China and say: "See? The wall has been completed". At least then you'd be technically correct.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We are witnessing the evolution of Wall Deniers.
This particular brand of dingbat can look right at a wall and not see it. When forced to look at it, he is able to claim it doesn't count (and therefore is not there) because Trump himself did not allocate the money. And if that doesn't work then he will claim it is only a fence, or maybe he will claim the wrong country paid for it. When facing a blizzard of evidence, the Wall Denier will merely assert that most people don't want it, anyway, or perhaps he will resort to claiming that it is not long enough and will not count unless it is 2000 miles long.

A strange breed, the Wall Denier.
Wall denier, you say...

Carry on.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Why don't you just point to the Great Wall of China and say: "See? The wall has been completed". At least then you'd be technically correct.

Because trump has evolved....he has stated that it does not have to be the entire length.....

I Know that you think only dems can evolve, and repubs flip flop....but sorry...trump has evolved....

Old 02-22-2019, 03:54 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
Because trump has evolved....he has stated that it does not have to be the entire length.....

I Know that you think only dems can evolve, and repubs flip flop....but sorry...trump has evolved....
Certainly had nowhere to go but up. I'm glad, if in fact he has come to that eminently intelligent decision. We'll see. In the end I believe he just wants a piece big enough to put a really HUGE placard with his name on it and then he'll shut the.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Certainly had nowhere to go but up. I'm glad, if in fact he has come to that eminently intelligent decision. We'll see. In the end I believe he just wants a piece big enough to put a really HUGE placard with his name on it and then he'll shut the.

Then he already has it......new wall has been built....yet now he wants more, as he promised. Of course pelosi will give him a little as possible.

Also, as to the people who don't like that website, we are talking about FY18/19 funding, not 2006....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies