Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 11:41 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Which makes no sense. Easier to state your opinion in plain english than through wise ass pot shots that make no sense.
That would apply to just about every one of your posts in this thread.

You're talking about executing American drug users and you think I'm the one not making any sense?

Lolz.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:47 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That would apply to just about every one of your posts in this thread.

You're talking about executing American drug users and you think I'm the one not making any sense?

Lolz.
Not me. You. As I stated multiple times the Republican party had two years of majority rule to fund the wall. they did not. they did give tax breaks to the rich. Yet now they suddenly claim a national security issue once they cannot control the outcome.

Get a clue. the republicans never had any intent to stop illegal immigration. they could have. It was a layup.

Explain otherwise. I dare you.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:52 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
A borderwall is the cheapest thing we can do to deter illegal immigration. Some claim electronic means would be better, but it isnt. Sure, you could potentially detect people crossing the border. But there are huge tracts of empty land for those who cross in which to hide. Then we have to send huge numbers of border agents to find them and track them down, arrest them process them etc. A wall will stop most from crossing.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:53 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
Hmmm what next like the Philippines he stations sharpshooters at the border to target the immigrants?
What has this country devolved to in the last two years.
We are SHAMEFUL
I'm afraid that if Trump were to declare martial law, the small majority of republicans in the Senate might go along with him. They would know that it was the last chance for their failing party to hang on to power.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
A borderwall is the cheapest thing we can do to deter illegal immigration. Some claim electronic means would be better, but it isnt. Sure, you could potentially detect people crossing the border. But there are huge tracts of empty land for those who cross in which to hide. Then we have to send huge numbers of border agents to find them and track them down, arrest them process them etc. A wall will stop most from crossing.
BP itself says a wall is a deterrent not a blockade. It gives them minutes to respond. the head of BP said a wall with no agents is useless. A wall slows down crossers. It does not stop them.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:57 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Again, as someone who has family in Eastern Europe still, I just get visions of the Berlin Wall and Inner German border whenever the stupid wall is brought up
I think that is why so many people claim to be against this border wall, they think it will be like the Berlin wall, guard towers, mines, etc.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Not me. You. As I stated multiple times the Republican party had two years of majority rule to fund the wall. they did not. they did give tax breaks to the rich. Yet now they suddenly claim a national security issue once they cannot control the outcome.

Get a clue. the republicans never had any intent to stop illegal immigration. they could have. It was a layup.

Explain otherwise. I dare you.

At what point did you see me cheerleading do nothing Republicans in Congress?

There are plenty of never Trumpers with an R after their name.

But Republicans not doing anything meaningful for border security doesn't excuse Democrats from their irrational freak out mode in regards to anything and everything that Trump does. Nor does it justify Pelosi's "immoral" comment.

All your ranting tangents about executing drug users makes me think that maybe you'd be one of the first they'd come after....

Old 01-05-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
At what point did you see me cheerleading do nothing Republicans in Congress?

There are plenty of never Trumpers with an R after their name.

But Republicans not doing anything meaningful for border security doesn't excuse Democrats from their irrational freak out mode in regards to anything and everything that Trump does. Nor does it justify Pelosi's "immoral" comment.

All your ranting tangents about executing drug users makes me think that maybe you'd be one of the first they'd come after....
Actually it does. It says that the majority is not for the Trump wall. that is obvious. It is real simple. McConnell would have called a Senate vote if they could make majority (not 60). Notice how McConnell refuses to get involved. Senate republicans are not on board with the wall. THEY WERE ON BOARD WITH A SENATE BILL 100-0 THAT KEPT THE GOVERNMENT OPEN.

And again executing drug users is for those that want our southern border to be the Berlin Wall.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Actually it does. It says that the majority is not for the Trump wall. that is obvious. It is real simple. McConnell would have called a Senate vote if they could make majority (not 60). Notice how McConnell refuses to get involved. Senate republicans are not on board with the wall. THEY WERE ON BOARD WITH A SENATE BILL 100-0 THAT KEPT THE GOVERNMENT OPEN.

And again executing drug users is for those that want our southern border to be the Berlin Wall.

Nobody has proposed building something akin to the Berlin Wall.

That's just partisan hyperbole.

Isn't there a nice thread about the best bong of the year someplace out there for you?

Old 01-05-2019, 12:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Funny, did you feel the same way regarding Obama's blatant lies about Obamacare that ended up royally screwing half the country with sky high premiums and deductibles?

Trump's saying that Mexico would pay for the wall was a campaign promise....... nothing more.

As if he's the first candidate to not be able to keep a campaign promise.......

Obama on the other hand told his lies about the ACA after he was elected... about legislation that was already written and he wanted to ram it through.....

And you think Trump saying that Mexico would pay for the wall is immoral?
Well Bob, let's just expand the horizon here slightly and say that tRump is immoral.

Because he is. It's on full display daily and the world sees it.

Quote:
You cannot possibly be that spectacularly obtuse.
Like, repeal that darn Obamacare on day one and replace it with a much better plan that gives everybody better coverage at less cost.

Day one was two years ago. Pubs were bellyachin' about Obamacare for years before that. They've had two years of owning the federal govt and somehow just couldn't git 'er done.

Now, those days are gone.

So's Obama.

Look for a better deflection.

I need more power, Scotty!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies