Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2019, 02:46 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Trump will definitely be a two-term President. The first one is 4 years the second will be 15-20. Bada boom, I'll be here all week folks. Tip your waitress.
15-20 in Leavenworth.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:53 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
15-20 in Leavenworth.

That was the implied joke.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Are there no advisers around Donald Trump to tell him that, if he did this, it would open him up to the 25th amendment, and at the very least guarantee he'll be a one-term president???

Don't get me wrong, I want Trump to be a one-term president, but is nobody close to him in the White House telling him this would be political suicide!? Or is it that nobody wants to tell him "no?"

https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/statu...71579911290881
No--he doesn't. He has Jared and Ivanka and a whole slew of inexperienced newbies who have no idea how anything works (remember--they could not even figure out how to turn on the lights in the WH conference room).

He is ignorant, his 'advisors' are both ignorant and sycophantic, and his attorneys all appear to be clueless--Giuliani belongs in a looney bin, never mind advising a president who is being investigated left and right.

I say--let him go--flap his mouth, tweet inanities and reveal himself to be extremely ignorant with his wildly inaccurate comments. Trump's lack discipline and knowledge will finish him off.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:13 PM

22,447 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Maybe you saw nothing wrong with it BECAUSE you are of Hispanic descent and using the term "hombre" doesn't signal anything to you?

I'm aware that not all Mexicans are brown, but it's pretty rare that they're paler than the white folks in the US unless you count bad spray tans.

Spaniards? Absolutely as pale as those folks of European descent here, what with Spain being in Europe and all.

Trump constantly signals to his nationalist core. I dunno why you cannot see it, but my white self can. And, I'm a woman, btw.

I never said all Mexicans were brown. Point to where I said it.

You didn't say Mexicans were all brown but you did imply it when you claimed that Trump was firing up his base because, allegedly they are afraid of "brown people". You implication was that only "brown people" were sneaking across the border.

You don't realize that there are many fair-skinned Mexicans. Just take a look at the ruling class there. Those people don't even have "spray tans". Why did you even bring that into the equation?

"Nationalist" base? What is wrong with liking one's country? Do you have a problem with that?

The term "bad hombres" means bad men. Never did Trump say that all Mexican men were bad---and you know it, too. You also know that among the illegals there are gang members, human traffickers and drug traffickers who are sneaking into this country. To say otherwise would be a lie.

BTW, it is possible to be both white and Hispanic since Hispanic isn't a race. Is it wrong for someone who is Hispanic to be a nationalist? Is it wrong to like one's own country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You are aware that criminals destroy other towns in the US and those are not always imported criminals. I mean, look at Flint. The government destroyed what was left there with the water pollution after GM destroyed it the first time by fleeing the country and opening factories in Mexico. And, that is not the fault of the Mexican people.

Still, it seems quite criminal to ruin a city and just not care.
Here we go yet again.

No one said that we don't have homegrown lowlifes. We do have them and they do cause problems. However, they are American citizens, and thus, like it or not, they have a right to be in this country.

Illegal aliens, no matter where in the world they come from, have no business being here. And, yes, it is "criminal" when people who have no business being here ruin a community.

And once again, you bring up Mexico. Not all illegals are from Mexico. BTW, those companies that left Flint to go to Mexico was a result of NAFTA, which happened under Bill Clinton's watch.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
From what my friends in Texas tell me, I would imagine that most Texans would say if you are going to spend five billion on concrete in their state, then use that concrete to help with the overtaxed crowded highways around the Texas Metro areas.
And, do you know that one of the reasons those highways are "overtaxed and crowded"? One reason---untold millions of illegal aliens, many of them driving without a drivers license. That said, on an annual basis, we allow 1 million legal immigrants into this country. All these people need places to live and cars to get around.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:58 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, do you know that one of the reasons those highways are "overtaxed and crowded"? One reason---untold millions of illegal aliens, many of them driving without a drivers license. That said, on an annual basis, we allow 1 million legal immigrants into this country. All these people need places to live and cars to get around.
Untold millions of illegal aliens are responsible for the huge growth of the Texas Metro areas?

Old 01-07-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Untold millions of illegal aliens are responsible for the huge growth of the Texas Metro areas?
If you read my post, you would also notice that I mentioned that 1 million legal immigrants per annum enter the country. All these people need places to live and most are going to need cars to get around.

Texas isn't the only place in the country that is dealing with inadequate roads due to states not keeping up with the explosive growth.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:11 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do you have data to back that up?

Old 01-07-2019, 05:45 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
https://twitter.com/richardhine/stat...97408246173696

I agree.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:08 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Who's paying for the wall between US and Canada? Why is no one worried?
When 5000 mobs storm the northern border we'll worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies