Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2019, 12:48 PM

37,165 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The suprising thing is the sheeple, i mean people that are happy about this, and really believe it is a good thing.
It's what we have been telling you we're actively working for since our gutless politicians owned by the NRA have refused to deal with the problem since Columbine and Sandy Hook. We're damned tired of our six-year-olds having to be burdened with shooter drills in school rather than learning. We went through sitting under our desks in nuclear attack drills during the Cold War, and we're determined to leave the world a better place than we found it, safe for everyone to live in, including even you.

When Washington's law is confirmed as constitiutional, we have further plans. Hint: Don't discount the Parkland Survivors. They are making a difference, and this is only a small demonstration of what is to come for this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
You have to remember that the people on the jury who would be deciding on what's reasonable are also the ones who who supported a law classifying the .22LR Marlin Model 60 as an assault rifle.
And supported the law saying stabbing someone to death for no reason is murder.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Thank you, but don't you think cases will be brought for most stolen guns to see if something sticks? So, what is "allowing access" to a prohibited person? If it is not locked in a case? What if it is locked in another room? I think this just opens things up to a lot of interpretation, and over reach.
Let's hope so. The decisions in those cases are how laws are made that work in the long term.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:52 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Just recently some little kid found a loaded gun at his friend's house, took it out and killed his friend. I think there was another one where a kid killed his twin by mistake.

These loaded guns weren't even locked up.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I can tell some of you all did not even read the new laws.

The storage thing is for storing the gun securely, not allowing access to those who are not allowed to, like children and felons, secured by a trigger lock, a safe, or whatever manner secures it. A gun owner is not liable if someone gains access to the gun by unlawful means, like breaking into your home or car and stealing it.

I have no issue with such law, a-hole gun owners need to keep their stuff secured, away from kids and their felon friends/roommates. Securing your weapon is a fundamental of responsible gun ownership.
Rights and Resposibilities have always been conjoined twins under the law. You can't have one without the other, and a nation of laws reinforces this.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:53 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
They still got open carry out there?

Old 01-02-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Because it's not reasonable for you to report within 5 days if you've been away from home for 45 days...
All you have to do is prove your whereabouts, and explain why your guns were not secured before you left.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They still got open carry out there?
Yes, Washington is actually a pretty gun friendly state.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
All you have to do is prove your whereabouts, and explain why your guns were not secured before you left.
But if the owner does not have prohibited person living with them or access to the premises, the guns simply being inside is fine. A lawful gun owner living alone with no intention of a prohibited person entering the home, does not need to store their firearms in a safe.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
A couple things stand out to me. The law requires someone to take an approved class and pay a $25 fee before they can buy a rifle. Substitute a different constitutional right in that sentence.

The law requires someone to take an approved class and pay a $25 fee before they can vote.

Would anyone question if that was a violation?
Most places require you to graduate a class at your expense (Usually $50-100) to obtain a license to carry. You are required to pay to register your automobile, pass tests, buy insurance, and pay a fee for a license to drive it on a public road. You are required to have a license to style hair, own a dog, practice law or medicine, sell real estate, or do anything else that affects the public welfare and safety. I have a long list of occupations that require licensing. I hold real estate and auctioneering licenses, and I paid for the training, background checks and licensing, and I am required to attend ongoing education classes every year for both at my expense to practice. All of these cost a hell of a lot more than a $25 fee.

How would this be different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies