Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 10:42 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
This mentality is extremely sad. I despise gang bangers but I never treated them any differently than I did any of my other patients. I took care of one that I actually grew to like. I wanted to write a book about him but I think he had a few too many skeletons lurking in the shadows. Yes he was a thug, and yes he did bad things, but he paid a big price. He was paralyzed from a gun shot, and facing bilateral leg amputations. I treated him with respect and kindness and he did the same towards me. He was just another human being that needed help. Yes he made mistakes but that wasn't all of who he was. He wasn't the same person in his 40's that he was in his 20's.

When you treat someone like they're less than human because of who they were born to be? That's just despicable. That doctor needs to find another occupation.
That doctor needs to have her license pulled, and before she gets another license in a different State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 10:49 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to the link, Kollab is a graduate of Touro College , a part of the largest private college system in the US , with Jewish roots.

Fail! Lara Kollab Went to Orthodox Jewish College, Used Israeli Website Platform | Israellycool

Her acceptance into the Cleveland Medical Clinic Hospital residency programs suggests her professional credentials were better than the average MD.

She was in the CC residency program for 2 months before her social media DNA caught up with her. Can’t imagine another hospital being willing to give her a second chance.

Ummmmm...................... she graduated from an obscure DO school. Keep in mind that the very best DO school in the nation is worse than the worst MD program.

So no.................. she did not attend a "good" medical school. The sad fact is that internal medicine is the easiest residency to gain acceptance, therefore IM is full of foreign medical grads, DOs, ect.... Even some "good" residencies have to accept poorer medical school graduates to fill their programs.

You will see very few (if any) foreign medical grads or DOs in neurosurgery, opthamology, or derm, as they are hard residencies to get into. My daughter (in med school now) says that ER medicine and psych (previously very easy to get into) are getting hard, as they are "lifestyle" residencies.

Currently there are more med students graduating each year than there are available residency slots, so the FMGs and DOs are getting "squeezed" from residency slots relative to US MD graduates.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:00 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
That doctor needs to have her license pulled, and before she gets another license in a different State.

All that information is shared now. I recently got licenses in four additional states (I do IME evals and needed the licenses to do them in those states.

I was shocked by all the information I had to provide to simply get a license and I have a very clean record with outstanding credentials. While gathering all the necessary documents, I wondered how in the hell does someone elude the system with forged or improper credentials? You have to provide each state all of your current licenses AND past licenses with statements from those states; if someone has had problems, there is no way in hell that could be missed today. Perhaps that happened in the past, but not today.

Heck, I had the chairman of the dept where I trained refuse to sign my residency/fellowship certificates (obtained over 25 years ago) because she did not train me and did not thus "feel comfortable" simply acknowledging that I was, in fact, at that institution. My actual chairman has been dead for ten years, so I couldn't dig him up and have him sign it. It was only because I personally knew the vice chair (he worked in our lab for four years) that I was able to get a signature!

Old 01-02-2019, 11:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleiron1968 View Post
I have not come across these apparent comments. I have read that her medical record is stellar.
Regardless. She cannot be trusted.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:05 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Words have consequences.
If we are going to terminate folk based on past tweets/posts, shouldn't failed vetting processes have consequences, as well.......?

Old 01-02-2019, 11:09 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
If we are going to terminate folk based on past tweets/posts, shouldn't failed vetting processes have consequences, as well.......?
What she said is tantamount to attempted murder. I would expect the same thing to happen to me if I said I would deliberately derail a train load of oil I was driving just to **** of environmentalists. Words have consequences.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:19 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Here's the actual tweet, made 7 years ago, while still in school.

Ruining her medical career seems a bit excessive, in this case.
Hospital doesn’t want the liability or headache. Residency programs are hard to get into to, so filling the spot isn’t difficult at all.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:29 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
She should certainly be investigated by her local board. If her record is stellar, that should be good enough. Maybe a reprimand after an investigation.

I have an RN license. If I posted something as damaging, I'd expect to be investigated.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:04 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Hospital doesn’t want the liability or headache. Residency programs are hard to get into to, so filling the spot isn’t difficult at all.
This is very true. If she ever does do anything to harm a patient, this shows a pattern, and an attorney could make the claim that her employer should have known about her history of threats. They will be held liable for her actions.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:10 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
She should certainly be investigated by her local board. If her record is stellar, that should be good enough. Maybe a reprimand after an investigation.

I have an RN license. If I posted something as damaging, I'd expect to be investigated.
If you threatened to harm patients in your capacity as a nurse, I'd expect your license to be revoked, not just investigated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies