Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2019, 09:36 AM

5,249 posts, read 6,173,350 times

Advertisements

I am fairly liberal by the standards of this site and have to acknowledge proposes is not possible in the timeframes she is suggesting. Or at all- you cannot mandate people change existing buildings except for issues of life safety....

I think improving the grid is a necessity but I do not think she understands how complex that will be. I doubly doubt she even realizes all the stakeholders and jurisdictions.

I think she is fast reaching a point that she needs to sit down, be quiet and learn. People are feasting on her every word and tantrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 09:38 AM

29,989 posts, read 18,567,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What is so funny about planning for the future?
Rational planning for the future is good sense. However, Ms. Ortez's "planning" is comedic, as it is more akin to the fanciful wishes of a five year old girl, rather than a well thought out, comprehensive plan. That is what makes her so funny- she actually believes she is intelligent and has unique plans that no one has considered before.

I am thankful that the citizens of her district elected her, as the entertainment value is priceless. Given the fact that she, as an individual, has very little power, none of her crazy plans will be enacted, as there is a "filter" through the rest of congress.

Given the high likelihood that most of her constituents are as crazy as her, we can look forward to laughs for decades from her. It is highly unlikely that she will suddenly become intelligent or gain common sense, so there will be a bonanza of idiocy to come from her.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,639,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I am fairly liberal by the standards of this site and have to acknowledge proposes is not possible in the timeframes she is suggesting. Or at all- you cannot mandate people change existing buildings except for issues of life safety....

I think improving the grid is a necessity but I do not think she understands how complex that will be. I doubly doubt she even realizes all the stakeholders and jurisdictions.

I think she is fast reaching a point that she needs to sit down, be quiet and learn. People are feasting on her every word and tantrum.
Nothing was ever accomplished by not starting somewhere.

But yeah, let's just keep talking about how nothing can be done instead of considering possibilities.

How ever did this country land a man on the moon?

Old 01-03-2019, 09:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,013,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Except that has been done. Newer lighting is far more efficient than what was replaced.

Quote:

Without being able to back up why.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Rational planning for the future is good sense. However, Ms. Ortez's "planning" is comedic, as it is more akin to the fanciful wishes of a five year old girl, rather than a well thought out, comprehensive plan. That is what makes her so funny- she actually believes she is intelligent and has unique plans that no one has considered before.
You say it's "comedic" with no explanation as to why. I'm suppose to go with that instead?

Quote:
I am thankful that the citizens of her district elected her, as the entertainment value is priceless. Given the fact that she, as an individual, has very little power, none of her crazy plans will be enacted, as there is a "filter" through the rest of congress.

Given the high likelihood that most of her constituents are as crazy as her, we can look forward to laughs for decades from her. It is highly unlikely that she will suddenly become intelligent or gain common sense, so there will be a bonanza of idiocy to come from her.
You seem to think name calling will take us into the future.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,571,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It reads like something my daughter wrote when she was running for student council president in middle school. Ridiculously naive for a woman her age.

https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasi...government-con
Bills introduced is often confused with action/ progress. Politicians post the noise on their websites.

5000+ bills are introduced each year. The overwhelming majority die.

Some bills are written to demonstrate action to campaign donors.

Some bills are written to show supporters they are following through on campaign intentions, despite knowledge the bill is DOA.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:51 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,067,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Nothing was ever accomplished by not starting somewhere.

But yeah, let's just keep talking about how nothing can be done instead of considering possibilities.

How ever did this country land a man on the moon?
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:52 AM

1,874 posts, read 812,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's pretty much like saying you don't want it to rain on your birthday because you have outdoor plans.
its not. i have no control over the weather

Old 01-03-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
its not. i have no control over the weather
You have no control or ability to take us back to the past either. It isn't going to happen. You can deal with realities or fantasies.

No one is going to stop you from building a shack in the woods. The overwhelming vast majority of people have no desire to do that and neither do you.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:00 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,067,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
She should believe that she can get stuff done.
That's what she was elected to do.

Too often we've seen newly elected congresspeople subsumed into the status quo that the dinosaurs have created - going along to get along in order to maintain their place at the donation troughs.

Of course she won't get traction for everything, but to berate her for actually trying to represent her constituents is a really lousy thing to do.

Just goes to show that both sides are equal in their desire to see nothing change.
The right wing has been given their marching orders to negate her ever since Cortez (not Ortez OP) has been elected. Anyone that gives credibility to a group that helped put the treacherous orange buffoon in office must be nuts. Rep. Cortez...you are doing things right if the dinosaurs of the GOP are nipping at your heels...you go girl!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies