Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 03:01 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
be clear they wanted the parts of government shut opened today and discuss security separately S trump said I want wall money agreement in thirty days or no opening Dems said no open first trump stomped out and repugnant will spin it asfar away from reality as possible

this is his heart and soul speaking
here you go ............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 03:01 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, they said they would talk about security, not a wall. That was very plain & clear. Because trump is so stupid & clearly iinsane, he keeps trying to do the same thing expecting different results & then cries about it. I mean, that is the definition of insanity, right there.

Fine. If it's the semantics, then how about the Dems agree to $7B for "border security" and allow DHS/CBP to spend it as they see fit?

Old 01-09-2019, 03:03 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
First of all the dems are to blame for this shut down not trump. ( funny how it’s always republicans is responsible for government shutdowns ) Second of all you should be thanking him the TSA are the dumbest bunch of idiots out there. Good riddance
Um no. The conservatives blames Obama for the shutdown on his watch so therefore this is all on Trump.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:03 PM

if Chucky and Nancy's response was 'sign this and we'll take about what you want later' they are lucky they didn't get punched in the face.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:05 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Fine. If it's the semantics, then how about the Dems agree to $7B for "border security" and allow DHS/CBP to spend it as they see fit?
$5B, and no new wall or new "fence" or whatever crap you want to call it. Maintain the existing, and spend on manpower, resources, judges to process the backlog, whatever.

Negotiations are easy.

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
It's impossible to negotiate with people who are unwilling to come to the table and compromise (*cough* Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer)
Trump was the one who walked out. Why is this confusing to you?

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm sure all that Romaine lettuce is OK now.

You should be able to click Edit (if that button is still up) then hit Go Advanced to edit the title.
Just get some strontium and irradiate it. It kills the bacteria.
Won't harm you.

Wait a minute...
Is DOE open? If not, time to go snag some spent fuel rods and get to working on a molten salt reactor

Old 01-09-2019, 03:06 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
So I told my spouse I wanted to spend $5 million on villa in Lake Como. I had promised myself and the kids that we would someday live next to George Clooney in Italy and that for the sake of my mental health as well as the promise I made to our kids, I wanted him to write the check.

He said I was out of my ever-loving mind. We were already in debt up to our eyeballs and overdrawn at the bank as it was.

I said, "Well, fine. If that's the way you are going to be, then I'm going to shut this place down. No cooking. No cleaning. Nothing. "

What exactly would the compromise be here, pray tell?

I'm not going to satisfied with a week at an Airbnb at the beach. He's not going to borrow $5 million to buy an Italian villa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, they said they would talk about security, not a wall. That was very plain & clear. Because trump is so stupid & clearly iinsane, he keeps trying to do the same thing expecting different results & then cries about it. I mean, that is the definition of insanity, right there.
If they want him to give up the wall, they need to give him something in return. Just as if he wants the wall, he needs to give them something in return. Its not solely up to him to acquiesce. Its really not a hard concept.

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Oh my goodness. Not the FDA!

Who will swat Jebediah and stop him from selling fresh milk?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ng-fresh-milk/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies