Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 03:10 PM

24,297 posts, read 17,018,578 times

Advertisements

The shutdown is affecting me. I'm realizing just how pig headed the Democrats are. They won't even admit that there is an issue at the border. It is scary how delusional the Dems are about this yet they are willing to play politics with peoples lives as they play chicken with Trump.

I guess it just goes to show that the Democrats are not used to NOT getting what they want and they call Trump a child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 03:11 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,889,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
By his willingness to compromise on various aspects of immigration, Trump is actually the adult here.

He has been more than fair in all of this. Perhaps dems may want to take a look in the mirror if they want to find childish, self-serving behavior.
Trump has not compromised at all. Only his blind followers would see his whining temper tantrums as a compromise. "Give me my wall or else I will make sure the government remains shut down for years," is not a compromise. It is a demand.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:11 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,103,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Many people expected Pres. Trump to declare an emergency during this speech, and announce the immediate building of a wall by executive order. Instead, he basically threw a bone to the dems, and gave them a chance to make it easy and come across with the money.

IF they don't, I really expect that in another week~ or so, he'll have another press meeting and then announce an emergency, and that he's going to build the wall anyway.

He knows he can't back down now/this final time, or he's finished politically (even with many of his own supporters) and will in fact be a lame duck for the rest of his two years.

This is all IMO anyway, and I'm sure there will be those of you to say I'm full of crap, but I think it's 'the' or close to 'the truth' as he sees it.

Not until or after the SOTU speech.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,466,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
He walked out because they stonewalled him. They are too pig headed to work with Trump on anything. Their only goal is to destroy him. I love how last night, they vaguely referred to other measures of border security, yet all that means is kicking the can down the road.
In the last two years when did Trump ever reach out to democrats?

8,411 posts, read 7,387,966 times
IRS is partially shut down. I've been trying to get a tax transcript for a college. All lines are down due to the government shutdown. I've contacted the VA. They said they aren't shut down but they are impacted by lower staffing.

51,584 posts, read 25,589,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Punched by who exactly?
I don't see Pelosi putting up with that nonsense.

If that overweight, out-of-shape blowhard had punched her, she would have decked him.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:14 PM

10,075 posts, read 5,698,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
We're a nation without a leader, Trump is a failed leader.

He's using Americans as pawns to attempt to push his agenda through.

He's hurting farmers, hurting Federal employees, and he's threatening to stop sending money to help the victims of the CA wildfires.

complete failure.
And what pray tell, should Trump be doing? If he opens the government, Chuck and Nancy win, and then all we hear is how Trump failed on his Wall promise. Then Chuck and Nancy can pull the same game the next time he needs something funded.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:14 PM

2,741 posts, read 2,979,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Not until or after the SOTU speech.
Ok, so 3 weeks. He's feeding them even more rope this time. I guess we wait and see...

Old 01-09-2019, 03:15 PM

1,874 posts, read 812,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And yet, trump insists on a wall, nothing else.
you dont know that the nothing else is true. you don't show your hand and tell the other side the least you would be willing to take. this is basic negotiating stuff folks.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:15 PM

3,317 posts, read 2,312,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump has not compromised at all. Only his blind followers would see his whining temper tantrums as a compromise. "Give me my wall or else I will make sure the government remains shut down for years," is not a compromise. It is a demand.
He has shown willingness to compromise on how much he will take for the wall, as well as the material the wall is made of.

He wants $5 billion, Nancy said she'd give him $1.00. That's not serious, Nancy thinks this is a game.

I've criticized Trump plenty over these last two weeks. However, it's the Democrats who are acting like children right now.

You guys just expect Trump to cave in, give the dems whatever they want, and get nothing in return. That's not how a compromise works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies