Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 03:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Then why didn't he agree to it when he had the chance? He doesn't want to talk about DACA now. I agree that billions and billions are spent in places they shouldn't be. But Trump's trophy wall isn't the best way to spend this money, IMO. And in lots of other peoples' opinions, according to the polls.

Not enough $.

Polls = MSM = LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 04:00 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And you don't know if they all aren't working with tenants, do you? Having been a landlord myself, I know that it would be ridiculous to initiate eviction orders just because an otherwise reliable tenant had trouble paying the rent in the event of a furlough.

Once again, my husband worked for the federal government during the furlough in the 90s. We got by just fine. After all, we did have some money put aside plus we lived below our means. We also knew that when the furlough was over, he would get his back pay.

And I just explained that there is help for those who don't have "a rainy day fund". I also explained that if someone is making so little money that they are just scraping by, then, no doubt, they already have an EBT card. Why are you rehashing all of this?

You didn't get any retirement benefits from the government? Why not? I assume that you put in the requisite number of years to qualify? If not, then that explains why you didn't get good retirement benefits.

If the majority are blaming Trump, then they need to wake up and realize that dems don't care about Americans. They put illegals first and foremost.

If you are so worried about furloughed workers, then channel your energy into helping them out of your own pocket. Donate lots of food to your local food banks. Invite some furloughed workers into your home for a nice home-cooked meal. Buy them gift cards to be used at your local supermarket.
Some of the retirement benefits have changed over time, which happens sometimes. You don't necessarily get what you signed up for decades later.

You are making a lot of assumptions yourself. We'll all just have to wait to see how this ends. But for the present it's not looking that great for Trump.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post

Already explained it.
Let the deal-maker practice his art and keep his promise to the nation by convincing Mexico to pay for the trump wall.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:01 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
So no cogent answer to my post to RowingFiend. Carry on.

Did you even comprehend my post 1958? Obviously not (but what can we expect?), unless you are saying you hate the Border Patrol and could care less what they say...

Old 01-13-2019, 04:02 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:

Already explained it.

You cannot fix stupid....

Old 01-13-2019, 04:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Yes, that man who promised us that Mexico would pay for the wall and his followers who chanted that Mexico will pay for the wall are low information individuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq1k0nYF_LQ&t=23s

Old 01-13-2019, 04:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We don't know if all landlords are working with tenants or not. Do you know that? Why are you making such assumptions? If that were the case, the federal works would just be skipping merrily along, not concerned at all about the bills they have to pay or the children they have to provide for. Of course they know they may get a good retirement package (I didn't, but that's not of issue here). They still have responsibilities. In an ideal world, everybody would have a rainy day fund. That's not always possible.

The Dems and Reps agreed on a bill over three weeks ago. Trump walked away. It's on him, as he says he proudly owns it.

You can say what you will, but the majority of Americans want the shutdown to end and talks to continue. And the majority are blaming Trump.
Trump has said that he wants the landlords to do that, BUT there is no force.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:25 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Yeah TDS-ers probably eat too many empty calories to feed what's left upstairs.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Not enough $.

Polls = MSM = LOL!
Laugh all you want.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump has said that he wants the landlords to do that, BUT there is no force.
I'm sure Trump would like for a lot of things to happen, but that doesn't make it so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies