Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 08:07 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
That Insane women from California should not be allowed to restrict the State of the Union, with President Donald Trump.

President Donald Trump, is very important to 63 million people, who voted for him in 2016.

We want to know what our President has to say about the State of the Union.

You just can't wait to hear his lies about how great he has been for our country? Apparently you need something to take your mind off the reality of the devastation he's caused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 08:12 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm hoping Pelosi and Schumer would be on board. Sounds reasonable to me.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/reut...mart-wall.html

"Smart wall". Maybe Trump will be satisfied that it is a type of wall?

Whatever is DHS going to do with $5.7B? And once they have it in their account, what will block them from using it on barriers if they deem that to be the best use?

Old 01-24-2019, 08:14 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
He cites the FAIR study. Sorry that study by a anti immigration group has been debunked as a GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out) propaganda piece by the CATO Institute which is a hardly a left wing think tank. Numerous posters have brought this up but he keeps regurgitating it.

Having said that, my reply to Old Glory said that illegals cost us pennies on the dollar of our tax bill. I did not say that illegals cost us nothing.

In 2006 Dems voted for a fence. Originally it was supposed to be double rows but that was reduced to one row in 2008. The democratic vote was made as a compromise at the time in order to drop legislation from the House that would have made illegals felons.
So in 2006, Dems voted for a well defined barrier that was seen as the the lesser of two evils at the time.

Contrast that to today where we have Trump’s constantly moving target that he said was going to be paid by Mexico. Throw in the fact that Dems will not and should not negotiate with non elected entertainment hosts ( Coulter and Limbaugh) and here we are.

Here’s the kicker, A year ago Trump had an offer from Schumer that gave him everything he wanted including 20 billion for the wall in exchange for DACA and he said no to that.
Yeah, Trump is such a great negotiator eh?

What a buffoon.

Ken

Old 01-24-2019, 08:15 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Sounds reasonable to me, too. And much better than THIS: Trump's "national emergency." His this-is-an-invasion language tonight sure sounds like he's trying to set that one up.

A National Emergency itself would be an invasion of sorts, and not just because of the Constitutional aspects. Some of the funds that Trump has identified are infrastructure repair projects. Anybody want a bridge to collapse? Harvey relief funds could go to the wall (not that it's clear for none of this is).

Environmental laws can be bypassed. And "contracting laws," whatever that means. BUT: not with acquiring the land from those who do not wish to sell. "A national emergency declaration would not speed that process up, a government official says." Another round of court cases. The government would have to seize it. That sounds quite invasive.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/24/polit...aft/index.html

Old 01-24-2019, 08:18 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,174,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
She definitely kicked his hind end.

Ken
Just watch what ends up happening!

Old 01-24-2019, 08:23 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
The politics of the wall. Take away congress pay and see how quickly this B.S ends.

https://youtu.be/pJpq4uLYxcE

Old 01-24-2019, 08:29 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
"Smart wall". Maybe Trump will be satisfied that it is a type of wall?

Whatever is DHS going to do with $5.7B? And once they have it in their account, what will block them from using it on barriers if they deem that to be the best use?
It will be appropriated, just like the last money they gave him, it specified how the money could be used.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fun...nt-republicans

Old 01-24-2019, 08:33 PM

5,032 posts, read 7,412,572 times
This is why the Right is so deathly afraid of this petite woman and their candidates campaigned so fiercely against her "San Francisco liberal agenda". She's smarter than all those MAGA-hat wearing bozos put together. She just gave them all a good lickin'.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:39 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
That Insane women from California should not be allowed to restrict the State of the Union, with President Donald Trump.

President Donald Trump, is very important to 63 million people, who voted for him in 2016.

We want to know what our President has to say about the State of the Union.
You have a Twitter account, don't you?

Old 01-24-2019, 08:45 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Sounds reasonable to me, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies