Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 12:41 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Trump did indeed back himself into a no-win situation.

It was a fool's move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 12:42 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
So we're celebrating that thousands of scofflaws continue to show their belligerence for U.S. Immigration law and break in, illegally, to our country?

Old 01-25-2019, 12:43 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
WH staff are smiling and clapping.

So strange. Do they understand what just went on?

Old 01-25-2019, 12:45 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So we're celebrating that thousands of scofflaws continue to show their belligerence for U.S. Immigration law and break in, illegally, to our country?
No, we're celebrating that 800,000 hardworking Americans will finally get paid. Do you have a problem with that?

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Just goes to show that he cares more about those out of work than spoiled Pelosi does.... politically it's a win for Trump, although I'd rather see all those bearocrats fired and just pay the security services except the bloated unnecessary TSA.
In what alternative fact filled world do you live in that you think this is a win for Trump?
He creates a false crisis & emergency and shuts down the Government for over a month yet gets NO MONEY for his WALL !

Pelosi: 1
Trump: Big fat 0

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Most of you are doing nothing more here than showing just how sick and divided this country is right now. You have allowed your dislike or outright hatred of the president to cloud your judgement, leading you to believe that ridiculous "wins" like this for your party are a good thing. How are so many Democrats able to sweep away the fact that many of the same representatives from your party who are so adamantly against a wall at this point were more than on board with the concept just a few short years ago? The fact that the only reason they are now against physical barriers at our border is because a Republican president wants to build them doesn't bother you at all? I know, as long as your team gets the win, everything is cool I suppose. I can only hope that one day we'll stop seeing things in terms of MySide vs. YouRsIde! But then again, that was the whole purpose of a two party system in the first place. Divide and subdue. Works like a charm.
Au contraire, it's a great day for America! The POTUS should not be able to hold the government hostage for policy concessions.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I suspect the "mutually agreeable date" will be after the three weeks of the reprieve.

But who knows.
I hope so.

850 posts, read 796,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The word of the day is CAVE. Trump caved. There is no other way to put it. He got absolutely nothing. Idiot.
The word is covfefe.

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Most of you are doing nothing more here than showing just how sick and divided this country is right now. You have allowed your dislike or outright hatred of the president to cloud your judgement, leading you to believe that ridiculous "wins" like this for your party are a good thing. How are so many Democrats able to sweep away the fact that many of the same representatives from your party who are so adamantly against a wall at this point were more than on board with the concept just a few short years ago? The fact that the only reason they are now against physical barriers at our border is because a Republican president wants to build them doesn't bother you at all? I know, as long as your team gets the win, everything is cool I suppose. I can only hope that one day we'll stop seeing things in terms of MySide vs. YouRsIde! But then again, that was the whole purpose of a two party system in the first place. Divide and subdue. Works like a charm.
Very true. The Democrats are so determined to keep Trump from getting a "win" that they have retracted their previous support for a wall, and to the detriment of American citizens.

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
I don't see this as a "win" for anyone...it's a 3 week reprieve...we'll be right back here next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies