Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 01:24 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I am glad he agreed to open the government and think he deserves kudos for doing so. It was the right thing to do. I still don't care for him as president overall, but I have a slightly better opinion of him now.

Now that it's open, the wall/border security can hopefully be discussed and settled in the next three weeks. I am kind of hoping he and the Democrats will be open to something like 10 billion for "border security" which could include shoring up old parts of the wall (but no huge new wall in places it's not needed or wanted) but will also include more modern features such as electronic surveillance and more money for the tools border guards use to do their jobs safely. That would be a good compromise in my opinion. It would be more money than expected, but it would just be for a wall that, alone, has limited value as a deterrent.
I agree, I think something like that is what they will come out with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 01:25 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
I guess Melania wanted another trip down to Mar-a-largo, without the blowback?????

Did she return to DC or is she still in Florida?

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
He is bigger alright. Lol

Within the last couple of weeks, on the radio, I heard a version of Jimmy Dean's Big Bad John called Big Bad Don. I broke out laughing because one of the lines was "He stands 6' 3" and 235", and I though yeah...at least 40 pounds and two inches ago.

I later looked for it on You Tube, and I found a version. Most lines or possibly all but one line = the same as what I had heard on the radio. The one line that was distinctly different than the one on the radio made the one on You Tube even funnier. The distinctly different line in the You Tube version I found?....."He stands 6' 2" and 195".

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Wow, I've heard it all now. Trump is a billionaire, he can care less about those out of work, he care more about his image and pleasing his base.
While they are salivating over the red meat he throws to them, he is simultaneously crapping on them. Trump sees them as some of the potential folks he could have ripped off at his bogus university.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:26 PM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
First, I should say that this is a very civil, charitable post and kuddos to you for your open mind and restraint. I get stuck on the fact that he caused the shut down because he didn't get his way and now his polling numbers are so bad that he has little choice but to cave and reopen...but my cynical nature probably only escalates debate between the extremes, which Lord knows we don't need any more of these days...
The GOP has made it clear that the federal government is a hostage they can hold for ransom.

“I think some of our members may have thought the default issue was a hostage you might take a chance at shooting. Most of us didn’t think that. What we did learn is this it’s a hostage that’s worth ransoming. And it focuses the Congress on something that must be done.”

-Mitch McConnell

Are we normally inclined to give people credit for releasing hostages?

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
She never is.

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Nice spin in the title of this thread. Leftists just can't be honest, it's not in their DNA at all.
Where's the lie? He did cave. He isn't getting a wall right now. Government is opening.

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This isn't a win for anyone, everyone will get their back pay and we'll be right back here in 3 weeks all over again. It's hilarious that anyone, especially democrats are claiming that this is a victory. 3 weeks... 21 days from now the money runs out again.
yeah kind of a big nothing burger. only way its a win for the democrats is if its a sign of greater caves to come.

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Default Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?

Even though I think Trump makes Nixon look like an amazing president by comparison, I will give him a lukewarm thumbs up for reopening the government that he purposely shutdown ... even if we will probably be back to a shutdown in three weeks. At least people who rely on being paid to be able to live will be paid.

Pelosi knew that Trump would break if he couldn’t have his State of The Union speech... and the manchild cracked. She’s the real deal maker here.

U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday said a deal had been reached on legislation that would reopen the U.S. government through Feb. 15.

"I am very proud to announce today that we have reached a deal to end the shutdown and reopen the federal government," Trump said at the White House.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-trump-a...192825406.html

Old 01-25-2019, 01:27 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's just too bad that this nation has been paying the ultimate price for 2 years now because some drunken old hag didn't get her turn.
You know you accuse others of being petty, when I wasn’t and indicated I think the President showed real leadership, you turn around and spout this petty nonsense yourself. And make no mistake showing grace when something doesn’t go your way is much more indicative of a leader than having a temper tantrum.

I didn’t think I would ever say this but please act a little more like President Trump and have some dignity and self respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies