Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 01:42 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
CNN interview? Probably edited.

Nancy didn't give 800k a paycheck. She obstructed it. TRUMP compromised. Let's see how the Dems negotiate the next 3 weeks.
Trump took full ownership of the shut down .trump had no other options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 01:42 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Where's the lie? He did cave. He isn't getting a wall right now. Government is opening.
So we wait for three weeks, big whoop.

During which time Trump gives his SOTU in the House chamber, right on schedule. Then when the Democrats refuse to compromise with him on the wall, at least he tried. And then the emergency declaration is implemented, which includes $7 billion for border wall funding.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:43 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,668,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I thought Trump was a master negotiator. Guess not.
Trump uses the same techniques a hostage taker uses to get what they want. “Give me a wall or say bye bye to the federal employees.”

1,874 posts, read 817,398 times
All I'm seeing is spin from both sides. What is the actual deal? If we are back to square one after 3 weeks I don't see how this makes much difference at all.

9,446 posts, read 6,571,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And every American lost.
Not me, but sorry for your loss.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:44 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Trumps got the left celebrating open borders. Not a good look.
Spin again.

2,306 posts, read 1,701,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So if ISIS released hostages, you'd give them "kudos" for doing the right thing?

It's not like Trump wanted to re-open government. He backed himself into an unwinnable position. He shouldn't get "credit" for caving.

I think equating President Trump to a terrorist organization is a bit of a stretch. My point is someone had to give in this stalemate and I am glad he finally did before Feb 1 (when a lot of federal workers are facing rent and mortgage payments). He could have stuck to his guns a lot longer and a lot more people would be hurt (and a lot worse). You don't have to give him credit for being the one to throw in the towel, but I do. It's not enough credit to give me an overall favorable view of his job as president (if I were polled, I'd be one of those disapproving of the job he's doing). But it's a step in the right direction as far a I am concerned. If he works with Congress and negotiates border security with them (as in real negotiations of give and take) that would be another favorable step in my opinion.

1,874 posts, read 817,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So we wait for three weeks, big whoop.

During which time Trump gives his SOTU in the House chamber, right on schedule. Then when the Ddemocrats refuse to compromise with him on the wall, at least he tried. And then the emergency declaration is implemented, which includes $7 billion for border wall funding.
yeah i would be surprised if this is not his plan at this point

Old 01-25-2019, 01:45 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
Pwned.

Quote:
I really hope that Trump knows if he backs down on this that a lot of his base voters might have urgent business on November 3, 2020, like taking a dump or something, and not bother to vote.
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...isqus-comments

Quote:
Yet, Trump dug himself in and once Nancy Pelosi was sworn in as Speaker she pretty much owned him on this. There are no two ways about this. President Trump could not even get back to the 1.6 billion dollars Dems originally agreed to back in Nov.

That is getting abused politically and I don’t see how this benefits the argument of securing the border or playing to Trump’s base. The die-hard Trump supporters just watched him get owned by Pelosi in the State of the Union showdown and now this in just 24 hours.
https://www.redstate.com/tladuke/201...pens-35-days./

Old 01-25-2019, 01:45 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Just goes to show that he cares more about those out of work than spoiled Pelosi does....politically it's a win for Trump, although I'd rather see all those bearocratsfired and just pay the security services except the bloated unnecessary TSA.

Gee, you made me a little dizzy there from all that spinning you did ! Face it, marine guy, your boy FOLDED. He started this mess, and he was backed into a corner and had to abandon his stupid wall.

To see it any other way is simply Trumpee logic, which is no logic at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies