Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 07:55 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There was definitely a plan with the ACA. One that has helped millions of Americans get health coverage that they couldn't get before.

Right. Millions fewer every year.

Note that I pointed out the ACA signup web page. Do you recall that fiasco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You may find the following link interesting if you are even able to read it with an open mind:

https://cis.org/Feere/Media-Mislead-...ut-Border-Wall

Excerpts from the link:

Specifically, Pew asks: "All in all, would you favor or oppose building a wall along the entire border with Mexico?" According to Pew, 61 percent of Americans oppose building a wall along the entire border with Mexico.

then this:

A more accurate headline would be: "Americans Don't Support a Wall Across the Entire Southern Border and Still May Support Trump's 1,000-Mile Wall, but We Just Don't Know Because Pew Didn't Ask

--------------------------------------

I've never seen anyone in all these various "wall' threads say that they want a continuous wall from San Diego to Brownsville. Those of us who want a wall recognize the fact that there are areas along the border that are impossible to navigate. Thus, no wall will be needed there.
There seems to me to be confusion on the length and height of “the (proposed) wall”, but since I have never seen the complete proposal that Trump is working from, I don’t really know what he or anyone else is talking about, so I don’t get too hung up on it. Although Trump often has said he intends to build a wall that will keep all illegals approaching from the ground on the south out, and it seems to me that would have to be a pretty comprehensive undertaking.

Do you have a copy of exactly what Trump means by a wall? Because that would certainly clear up a lot of things. For both Pew and the rest of us.

Also, I note that the article you cite is over 2 years old. It is not a good estimate of how people feel about the wall now regardless.

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Two or three weeks ago, Ms Pelosi refused to negotiate the wall even if Mr Trump signed legislation to end the partial shutdown...and she's the grownup?
Yes. If you give him what he wants, then we perpetually have government shut downs used as a weapon. Like a child. That’s the precedent that would have been set.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:56 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
lolol, just saw this in my twitter feed. Burn!

https://twitter.com/SenateDems/statu...55518964719616

Old 01-25-2019, 07:59 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Right.

Those cowardly Republicans were obstructionists when they refused to go along with BO's ACA. The Democrats, though, are stand up folks when they refuse to go along with Trump's wall.

Perspective is a funny thing.
We are not going to have a wall so you guys and Trump just need to deal with it. The majority in our country don't want it

Old 01-25-2019, 08:00 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Yes. If you give him what he wants, then we perpetually have government shut downs used as a weapon. Like a child. That’s the precedent that would have been set.
That's pretty much the long and the short of it....

Old 01-25-2019, 08:02 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Right. Millions fewer every year.

Note that I pointed out the ACA signup web page. Do you recall that fiasco?
They certainly had to work out the kinks initially. There are still millions on it. Why do you think the GOP has moved on? They know a lot of their constituents depend on the ACA and it would be unpopular to kick them off. But to get back to the wall. The majority of Americans do not want a Trump wall. But the majority of Americans do like Obamacare.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-all-time-high

Old 01-25-2019, 08:15 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Trump should come back with nation wide mandatory E verify. Don't try to tell me that it's a bad idea because it won't cover 100% of illegals. We all know there are millions of illegals working with stolen Social Security numbers. They need to become unemployed asap.

And good luck with Democrats saying it will cost too much. We are in the tech age where everyone is carrying cards with chips that are 50 years ahead of those cheap paper SS cards that anyone can print at home. This is so ridiculous that we are enabling millions of illegals to steal identities and work here with little to no chance of being caught. We need to fix that asap and we won't need a wall, because they won't want to come here, at least no illegally.
Shrug. This liberal is fine with mandatory e-verify.

IME, it’s employers who have issues with mandatory e-verify, because it puts the onus for immigration enforcement on them.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:15 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
lolol, just saw this in my twitter feed. Burn!

https://twitter.com/SenateDems/statu...55518964719616
Democrats from Mexico will pay for the wall !!!

Old 01-25-2019, 08:19 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,492 times
You teach people how to treat you.

Trump just learned that he is not getting away with bullying Pelosi like he has gotten away with so many times before with many other people. He has met his match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies