Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 07:58 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Republicans might not win another election ever if the electoral college were to go away. Donald Trump lost the popular vote by over 3,000,000.

So with that said, there's no way in hell the GOP would ever let this bill pass LOL.
actually just UNDER 3 million...2.9 million

and hitlerly got 4.3 million more votes from California...

that said..if not for California , trump would have had the popular vote too

Trump won 31 states to hitlery's 19 states

Last edited by workingclasshero; 01-04-2019 at 08:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 08:00 AM

27,545 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So, it looks like there are many kinds of liberal wet dreams.

It’s hard to keep up with them all.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:09 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
I used to agree that it was time for the EC to go away but every since the Great Hanging Chad affair there seems to be more and more elections of far smaller size that can not be resolved by just counting the votes. This inability to count
1 + 1 +.... leads me to believe that a presidential election decision based on the vote would take all 4 years just to sort out.

Keep it the way it is....

Old 01-04-2019, 08:18 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
Can't people take a look at California & realize why the populate vote would be horrible. That's a great example of what liberals do to a state. And while we're at it. This past election how many people didn't vote because they knew it wouldn't matter in a state like California?

Old 01-04-2019, 08:20 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
One person one vote. About time.
Unless you are a Democrat, then it’s one person 1.xx votes.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:22 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I used to agree that it was time for the EC to go away but every since the Great Hanging Chad affair there seems to be more and more elections of far smaller size that can not be resolved by just counting the votes. This inability to count
1 + 1 +.... leads me to believe that a presidential election decision based on the vote would take all 4 years just to sort out.

Honestly I like the electoral college system. It’s there for a reason... without it people would ignore rural areas and less populated states IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Can't people take a look at California & realize why the populate vote would be horrible. That's a great example of what liberals do to a state. And while we're at it. This past election how many people didn't vote because they knew it wouldn't matter in a state like California?
Eh. And if you take out Texas Trump would get crushed. Woulda coulda shoulda.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:24 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,217,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

National vote by mail. Plus ranked choice voting. I would support both or either.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:25 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
The electrical college brought us GWB and Trump both who lost the popular vote nuff said.
The electrical college brought us Motörhead and Black Sabbath and Dynaco tube amps and Sansui receivers!

Rock on my sistas!

Old 01-04-2019, 08:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Republicans might not win another election ever if the electoral college were to go away. Donald Trump lost the popular vote by over 3,000,000.

So with that said, there's no way in hell the GOP would ever let this bill pass LOL.
I completely agree, with both points.

It's ridiculous that people who live in rural areas have their votes count more than people who live in more densely populated areas.

Ridiculous.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:29 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Honestly I like the electoral college system. It’s there for a reason... without it people would ignore rural areas and less populated states IMO.

Eh. And if you take out Texas Trump would get crushed. Woulda coulda shoulda.
It's interesting. One of the reasons we have an electoral college was the founding fathers feared a tyrant could manipulate the views of the masses, whereas representatives gathered to vote would vote their conscience, not the will of their constituents in the case a nut job was running.

Boy. The irony drips. The EC didn't stave this off as planned. In fact, the EC caused the exact opposite to occur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies