Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 02:22 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,676,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Really? You think it would end there?

You asked ME MY opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So how would you like to see this implemented?

Yes, it would end there for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 02:26 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,676,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So the fact that women today are 35% more likely to live in poverty than men, be less educated thenmen, make less money than men and make up most single parent homes is not the result of 300+ years of being denied an education, employment, and rights but black being having more single parent homes than whites, higher poverty than whites and less education than whites is a result of 300+ years of being denied education, employment and rights. How did that happen?

I have taken you to the water because you say you thirst....yet you refuse to drink. You don't want water...you want liquor.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:28 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,326,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Was it called race hustling when whites were oppressing blacks for centuries?
That's a sophomoric historical perspective. Some whites oppressed some blacks, some blacks oppressed some blacks, and on and on through all the racial permutations. But the bottom line is that there is nothing to be "repaired". Black Americans (other than recent immigrants) owe their life to chattel slavery. They wouldn't be here without it, and they are its greatest beneficiaries.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:28 PM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times
It is the Constant picking at the scab to keep the wound, and the Victimhood mentality fresh.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:35 PM

10,397 posts, read 3,984,323 times
Quote:
Look..... in this history that relates to America...... Blacks have oppressed blacks. Whites have oppressed whites. Whites have oppressed blacks, but blacks have not oppressed whites. It would all be a wash if not for that last imbalance as that last un-reconciled oppression is what accounts for the current racial inequality.
What is going to happen when White America is no longer around? White America is slowly dying out, and in another decade alone, will no longer be the majority. America will be dominated by mostly Latinos and Hispanics.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,771,171 times
Had you put that dunce's name in the title, rather than "congresswoman," I wouldn't have even bothered to open the thread.

I bet those 830+ (so far) who didn't comment feel the same way.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
If we were indeed given preferential treatment, our rates of unemployment and poverty would be below that of whites and our income would be above that of whites. Based upon the results, its obvious who has been getting preferential treatment....and who still gets it.

You might be able to point to a few examples where attempts are made to bring in blacks....true, but the preponderance of preference in a white dominated society goes to those favoring their own.
WRONG!

https://www.blackenterprise.com/blac...-other-groups/

Old 01-04-2019, 02:45 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,098,829 times
Quote:
Was it called race hustling when whites were oppressing blacks for centuries?
Funny how you want to revisit old history. No benefit in stirring up the past. Nuts like Lee will only get people hurt.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I think what is needed is financial literacy education in black communities. The stock market, compound interest, and wealth building are not taught in schools and historically black communities do not have family members that provide this education in the home (at least in my area growing up). I remember my own dad admitting that he didn't know anything about retirement accounts or stocks, he did 27 years in the Air force then double dipped at the Post office for retirement, Mom retired military too so no go there.

I'm near 40 and just started to understand this stuff and invest. I've missed almost 10 years of gains because I had no idea how to get started. I didn't even understand 401k's, when I asked my friends and family they would give vague non-specific answers so I realized none of us knew outside of matching employer contributions.

How do you get on the highway to the American dream when you cant even find the on-ramp.
I agree with this. And this can go for all races. Most of the new wealth made today is through the stock markets. I myself got lucky with some real estate flipping, but even that was a business I had to learn myself since the schools don't teach about real world stuff like buying homes, and how to fix them up, and then how to invest in stock markets.

It's as if the schools are teaching the kids just enough to know how to turn on a computer and to be prepared to work a slave 9-5 job.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:06 PM

662 posts, read 311,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Another scam to rob the American tax payer and redistribute wealth. The tax payer is continuously under assault from democrats scams from climate change to trade deals to now "Reparations". Something that no one alive today had a hand in doing.
Oh, you mean the way America robbed blacks of wages for their work in building this country for several centuries?
Their is a reason the poorest part of most cities have a high black population. America stole their wages for centuries. Now the right wingers blame them constantly for their situation while having a high and mighty attitude about how its not right to take things away from people who work hard.
I don't automatically support reparations and have no idea how it would work out reasonably fair. But its fair to say that America wouldn't be the world superpower it is without slavery, and a massive amount of income was never paid to a large portion of the country who built it working under often brutal conditions while having their families torn apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies