Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why do you believe the NYT without thought or question that this even happened?

They offer up absolutely not proof that any of it is even remotely true
I wasn't commenting on the article. I was responding to the poster who said that Trump bore no responsibility and had no moral culpability unless it was definitively proved he had personal involvement in the decision. Try to keep up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 08:06 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had illegals working on any of his properties. Rich people don't hire manual laborers themselves.

If he is actually convicted of "personally" knowing it I'll be the first to call him a hypocrite but not until then.
Yet he settled for 1.4 million a case where he hires illegal Polish immigrants for construction work.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:10 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I should take your word on this? Show us your evidence.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/...on-foundation/

Old 01-04-2019, 08:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Perhaps this happened at Mar-A-Lago as well and the secret service has to vet it out before trump can stay there again.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:13 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Why singe out Trump? Why not use their efforts to go after all employers who hire illegals?

Old 01-04-2019, 08:17 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Those are allegations, not proof.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
If employers were held accountable and fined, we wouldn't need to spend so much money on "walls" and border security. If there's no one to hire people who are undocumented there won't be such fervor to come here.

I don't believe fines are enough deterrent, they merely get written off as the cost of doing business. Those who knowingly hire illegals to boost their own bottom line need to do some jail time like the criminals they are. But I agree, eliminate the jobs that allow illegals to send $$$ home and you eliminate a large part of what brings them here.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I feel just like I feel about Pelosi using illegals in her vineyard. Is she being investigated too?
If they intentionally deceive the Secret Service I think so....did they? Do you have the testimony of multiple laborers sworn to lawyers?

Garden variety immigrant labor exists virtually everywhere. See if you can keep up with this thread being that the Secret Service is a big deal.

Why, I seem to remember people saying Pelosi, as 3rd in line, shouldn't get private jet government flights! Hmmmm.....but yet she is now important enough to have Secret Service protection on her ranch???

Consistency is always important.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:24 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yawn.

Another Anonymous Sources story from the NY Times about Trump. Absolutely no proof to it at all.

Orange Man Bad time. The Mexicans and Soros loves you for it.

When can we expect the same commentary about such statements having NO proof at all like 'The military had no pay increase for ten years, I got them one' or 'North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat'?

Old 01-04-2019, 08:27 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't believe fines are enough deterrent, they merely get written off as the cost of doing business. Those who knowingly hire illegals to boost their own bottom line need to do some jail time like the criminals they are. But I agree, eliminate the jobs that allow illegals to send $$$ home and you eliminate a large part of what brings them here.
So obvious it doesn't need to be said. I employed people for 30 years - never an immigrant, never someone illegal. And never needed e-verify.

The bigger question is why don't Texas and Florida do e-verify? The single and least expensive method....right there waiting for them??

They are playing "wall builders" for fools...although the fools who allow themselves to be played are just as involved.

When someone doesn't speak English and can't write or read, that's a hint. Of course Trump and his employees knew and still know. They laugh at the peasants who champion their wall.

Hey, look over there......not here! That's their motto.

Trump has lost tens of billions in his life by being a poor investor - without cheap labor he'd be losing even more. Don't you feel bad for him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies