Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 04:00 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I moderate on 2 major forums and would have closed this crazy thread many pages ago
Go there because TOS rules say you can't discuss that here.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
I couldn't close on my house for 4 months due to the gov't shutdown in 2013-2014. Tried to get a USDA (Guaranteed) loan through SunTrust and it took from November to March to close. Fortunately my market wasn't hotter than it was or the sellers would have told me best of luck and took the next buyer.
Why did it take so long, the shutdowns have never been more than a few weeks, were they backlogged because of it, plus it's crazy that it wasn't even USDA direct and thru a bank and still so delayed.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:03 PM

6,480 posts, read 10,353,739 times
I see, throw some more gas on the fire.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:26 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Why did it take so long, the shutdowns have never been more than a few weeks, were they backlogged because of it, plus it's crazy that it wasn't even USDA direct and thru a bank and still so delayed.
That and the fact that the lender kept requesting bank statements every two weeks DURING this period. SunTrust Mortgage requesting SuntTrust bank statements.

Never getting another mortgage again. Paying this one off and if I need to move, I'll work with whatever I can muster between equity and cash on hand. Perfectly happy in a $100k throwaway house on the outskirts of town I'll fix up myself.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:43 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
In hindsight, you should be concerned that Schumer
#1-Doesn't actually know what's going on with the shutdown and was easily duped by a caller
or
#2-Does know what's going on and chose to lie to try to get over on people like you in order to push an agenda.

Which one do you think it is Life and which would bother you more? How do you feel about being used by Schumer to spread lies? How do you still refuse to acknowledge truth from people in the industry? How do you feel about that leadership overall?

Questions voters should really be asking themselves.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
#1-Doesn't actually know what's going on with the shutdown and was easily duped by a caller
or
#2-Does know what's going on and chose to lie to try to get over on people like you in order to push an agenda.

Which one do you think it is Life and which would bother you more? How do you feel about being used by Schumer to spread lies? How do you still refuse to acknowledge truth from people in the industry? How do you feel about that leadership overall?

I worry about Trump and that he was sent a 100 to zero senate bill that he refused to sign when he heard Right wing mouthpieces telling him not to. I worry that Trump is putting an ultimatum and won't negotiate. I worry that Trump is considering announcing a federal emergency when none exists.

and I feel bad for Federal workers who are worried about missing mortgage rent or other bill payments. I feel bad for people who's closings may be delayed by certain federal programs that are affected. I feel bad for people and kids who won't get Food Stamp benefits in February and who in some ares can't use their EBT cards now.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:11 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I worry about Trump and that he was sent a 100 to zero senate bill that he refused to sign when he heard Right wing mouthpieces telling him not to. I worry that Trump is putting an ultimatum and won't negotiate. I worry that Trump is considering announcing a federal emergency when none exists.

and I feel bad for Federal workers who are worried about missing mortgage rent or other bill payments. I feel bad for people who's closings may be delayed by certain federal programs that are affected. I feel bad for people and kids who won't get Food Stamp benefits in February and who in some ares can't use their EBT cards now.
Nice deflection. You didn't answer a single question. So you aren't concerned about the deceit and/or ignorance from Schumer? I guess you also aren't really concerned with the truth as much as pushing an agenda?

I'll repost the questions for you:

or

Old 01-08-2019, 07:22 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,922,371 times
This is not the place to discuss merits of a wall - that discussion does not belong here. Period.

The impact of the government shut out and its impact on homeownership does belong here. The firefighter that says they cannot close their FHA loan is trying to create a situation that is not exactly true and using it in an attempt to make a political point. FHA loan are closing daily during the shutdown. Certain aspects may not be able to close; like those with loan conditions that require additional government action. This would include those with a Credit Alert against their social security # ot someone who has a social security # requiring confirmation. But with the exception of these nuances, FHA loans are closing and funding everyday without concern of any shutdown. The problem with the OP's original news article, the reporter did not know enough to question (or didn't want to know more) to question that governor's office. Another fine example of manipulating the news.

As the other LOs have correctly stated, USDA is the only loan program affected, which is a small portion of total lians trying to close. As someone that also works in the highest goverment employed areas (metro DC), we are seeing minimal impact, if any at all.

Tone down the sensationalism on th impact in RE. It's not there.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
This is not the place to discuss merits of a wall - that discussion does not belong here. Period.

The impact of the government shut out and its impact on homeownership does belong here. The firefighter that says they cannot close their FHA loan is trying to create a situation that is not exactly true and using it in an attempt to make a political point. FHA loan are closing daily during the shutdown. Certain aspects may not be able to close; like those with loan conditions that require additional government action. This would include those with a Credit Alert against their social security # ot someone who has a social security # requiring confirmation. But with the exception of these nuances, FHA loans are closing and funding everyday without concern of any shutdown. The problem with the OP's original news article, the reporter did not know enough to question (or didn't want to know more) to question that governor's office. Another fine example of manipulating the news.

As the other LOs have correctly stated, USDA is the only loan program affected, which is a small portion of total lians trying to close. As someone that also works in the highest goverment employed areas (metro DC), we are seeing minimal impact, if any at all.

Tone down the sensationalism on th impact in RE. It's not there.
You should contact HUD and tell them to change their website where it says they are closed, which is where you are directed if you try to go to FHA.GOV

and can you assure the nation that nothing will be affected if the shutdown continues?

Old 01-08-2019, 08:28 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
or

Of course it's some form of #2, although transparently you're letting your obvious political bias show by choosing your wording of these 2 being the only options.

I hope you're right about "Questions voters should really be asking themselves" because lying, exaggerating, and childish insults (you're doing it here) are being pushed from the top down. Don't let your bias fool yourself into thinking otherwise - apply your same skepticism to the avalanche of tweets forever immortalized by the twitter in chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies