Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 06:04 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Oh good, now you have a second completely wrong statement, yes, it did happen to me. Because assuming the thread is right about dividends being up 9%, then yes, me and 10s of millions of other Americans benefit from that.
stop.

there are hundreds of millions of Americans who get cents or nothing.

A solid 25% of Trump dividend windfall goes directly to FOREIGN BASED institutional investment houses, foreign individuals, foreign wealth funds.

Hell google, Apple, MSFT, etc hold trillions in stocks and THEY get those divs too.

0.01% billionaires hold trillions in stocks and they get those divs too.

The public at large hardly gets a taste and most of those who do get comparatively tiny sums.

Trump's tax scam has widened the wealth gap even more. Trump is accelerating the growth of the divide, he has done NOTHING to slow it or reduce it. Instead Trump has made it much easier than ever for the wealthy to use tax shelters and reduce their tax rates... all while burdening everyday americans with ever growing costs and a massive pointless trade war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 06:07 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
stop.

there are hundreds of millions of Americans who get cents or nothing.

A solid 25% of Trump dividend windfall goes directly to FOREIGN BASED institutional investment houses, foreign individuals, foreign wealth funds.

Hell google, Apple, MSFT, etc hold trillions in stocks and THEY get those divs too.

0.01% billionaires hold trillions in stocks and they get those divs too.

The public at large hardly gets a taste and most of those who do get comparatively tiny sums.

Trump's tax scam has widened the wealth gap even more. Trump is accelerating the growth of the divide, he has done NOTHING to slow it or reduce it. Instead Trump has made it much easier than ever for the wealthy to use tax shelters and reduce their tax rates... all while burdening everyday americans with ever growing costs and a massive pointless trade war.
No, I won't stop. Clearly you guys are hung up on the wrong things. I don't care what billionaires have what money. Millions of Americans benefit from this because as a PERCENTAGE their situations are improving, and it compounds. Saying that this doesn't matter would be like saying that if the savings rate went up by 9% it wouldn't matter. Its absurd, and wrong. Every time someone gets a higher % in dividends and reinvests that money, it snowballs. It isn't an over night difference, but all of these people that have even just 10s of thousands of dollars are getting the snowball rolling and will benefit in the long run.

So YOU stop.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Or people who understand 1-3 million is a pretty good target that they can attain with a good work ethic and smart money management. Could care less about what billionaires do with their money. The people stuck with low net worths for decades I feel sorry for.

lol if the target is 1-3 million then you get NOTHING from Trump.

you need to do the math buddy. Trump's tax scam goes to those with LARGE portfolios and corps, not folk looking to get to a couple of million. Those folk actually lose if you understand the total costs.

You get a little cut in taxes but face massive cuts to real services and despite the denials most folk who are targeting a couple of few million WILL NEED those social services before they pop the clogs...

Old 01-06-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You're pretty good about focusing on the trees but not the forest.

Yeah, well we're talking about context and scale. So you can go retire on the increased value of your dividend earnings now?
You are pretty good at not reading what I wrote. Nobody can retire on the 9% difference alone, but the 9% difference as it compounds year over year for 10-40 years for most investors sure as heck makes a difference.

And again, the reason for any of my statements in this thread were to refute this absolute foolishness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why are regular joes like all of the posters on CD bragging about dividend payouts? None of you got a payout. Trust and believe that.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
No, I won't stop. Clearly you guys are hung up on the wrong things. I don't care what billionaires have what money. Millions of Americans benefit from this because as a PERCENTAGE their situations are improving, and it compounds. Saying that this doesn't matter would be like saying that if the savings rate went up by 9% it wouldn't matter. Its absurd, and wrong. Every time someone gets a higher % in dividends and reinvests that money, it snowballs. It isn't an over night difference, but all of these people that have even just 10s of thousands of dollars are getting the snowball rolling and will benefit in the long run.

So YOU stop.

So you don't care Trump's tax cuts sent billions of our one time federal funds to foreign billionaires?

hmm i guess you don't love America..

Old 01-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
You are pretty good at not reading what I wrote. Nobody can retire on the 9% difference alone, but the 9% difference as it compounds year over year for 10-40 years for most investors sure as heck makes a difference.

And again, the reason for any of my statements in this thread were to refute this absolute foolishness:
and most of that compound growth goes to the very rich instead of your great grand kids school.

but you can keep pretending shoveling money up to the mega rich while defunding the military and running up an additional 2 trillion in debt during a "boom" is a good thing.

but nobody here is buying what you are selling. We actually care about our neighbors, our country and the future .

Old 01-06-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
So you don't care Trump's tax cuts sent billions of our one time federal funds to foreign billionaires?

hmm i guess you don't love America..
Nope, not at all what I said. Every one of my comments in this thread has been refuting the sheer nonsense of a small handful of people saying that people didn't get these dividends.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
and most of that compound growth goes to the very rich instead of your great grand kids school.

but you can keep pretending shoveling money up to the mega rich while defunding the military and running up an additional 2 trillion in debt during a "boom" is a good thing.

but nobody here is buying what you are selling. We actually care about our neighbors, our country and the future .
Thats a nice spin and all, but doesn't at all align with what I've said. I think our debt situation is beyond absurd and won't be solved in any of our lifetimes. I think its more likely that the US defaults or ceases to exist as we know it at some point, and either scenario will likely be because of our insurmountable debt.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:26 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Winning! Dividends were up 9% in 2018, setting a record, as companies used their newfound profits to pay it back to shareholders!
You do realize that when stock prices fall (as they have been since the start of October) the dividend percentage goes up? Not really good news.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
You do realize that when stock prices fall (as they have been since the start of October) the dividend percentage goes up? Not really good news.
If the OP had shared a link it would make it easier to understand, but I believe the implication was that companies raised the dividends by 9% on average.

Your statement would imply a 9% increase in dividend yield due to the drop in prices.

Without the original source from OP, who knows. But I do believe they mean that its because companies raised dividends based on the title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies