Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 07:06 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Why do you harbor so much hate in your heart for Trump. Has he personally wronged you?
NOPE NOT ME personally, but family members who work up here in Canada with his tariffs and negotiations .. Be that at it may, I don't Hate the Idiot in Chief as much as disappointment that his scatter shots to American Democracy (US Republic)+ All branches of Government Damages that pretty well undermined any trust "Allies' have in DJT as POTUS! Over-reach from DAY one has been exhibited.. and now Allies don't trust unless and until a SAME POTUS holds those "Codes"!

Me thinks, after 2 years, it's become obvious... that when "Guard rails" disappear ( which they have been past year+)

Until GOP Senate finally rebuffs DJT totally aberrant behaviours.. GOP will die as we know it.. and Dem's will once again be tasked to REPARE GOP Governance damages!!

Deja VU after Late 2009 COLLAPSE of Economy/Debt Load caused by unfunded ME War Plus unregulated Banking practices!!

Propaganda isn't working for FAR Righties.. Plus the younger generation is NOW involved!! Good luck (tongue in cheek) to DJT supporters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 08:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao ... Trump has negotiated billion dollar deals for 30 years. This thread is hysterical.
He hasn’t negotiated billion dollar deals for 30 years!! LMAO...nonsense. Million dollar deals maybe, but not billion. Stop it.

And that doesn’t make him a GOOD negotiator.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well over the decades Trump has negotiated incredible deals that have made him rich and famous.

The problem is today negotiating is all about 2 people that want the same thing, say a piece of property, they get together and hammer out the details namely the price and terms.

Trump thought that he could use his skills in the political world but his adversary does not want the same thing and what is worse is they are using others peoples money so they really have nothing to gain and nothing to lose except reputation.

When it comes to the Wall Trump is literally negotiating with people that act like a wall. They are thick, dense and show no cracks.
What “incredible deals” has he negotiated for himself?

Old 01-07-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Trump has been negotiating multi million dollar deals for over 4 decades. I'm not saying he's the greatest deal maker to ever live, but one could not do that without better than average negotiating skills.

I've worked in sales for almost 20 years, and in that time, I have worked with some pretty impressive men an women in regards to convincing other people to believe them. Trump gets scrutinized 24/7 for his negotiation skills because he's the freaking leader of the free world, but I would bet the farm that a large amount of the people trashing hin this very thread have been taken buy some car salesman, insurance agent, or commission paid retail associate just like trump at some point in their lives.

I'm neutral on Trump as a politician. There is some good, and a lot of bad just like most politicians, but the guy can sell. Considering that he won the presidency with no political experience only adds to his legacy as a master salesman IMO. There's probably not a single individual in this thread that could stand in front of thousands of people for an hour or more and convince them that they could do a job that they have no idea how to actually do with a straight face and wreaking of confidence.

Let's face it, when it comes to major BS artists, Trump will go down as a f***ing legend.
We know that he’s negotiated deals...what we’re asking for is proof that he’s a GOOD negotiator! So far, I haven’t seen it.

“Better than average negotiating skills?” As exhibited by what? Trump came in the game with tens of millions of inherited dollars. He didn’t work his way up any ladder, and he’s not self made.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:04 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Nothing Individual 1 has done shows him to be a skilled negotiator. In fact, everything we’ve seen shows I-1 actually sucks at it.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...of-deal-218584

Where’s the proof of this master negotiator?
It's just another falsehood PT Trump has perpetrated upon the public. What great deal has he ever 'negotiated'? He's lost a lot of deals, run businesses into the ground, stuck investors and banks with his losses.

He's a bully--not a negotiator. He cannot negotiate a deal or coalesce a team to accomplish anything, and he cannot even attempt to negotiate unless he sets up the entire situation to his advantage. He didn't even write that book. Remember - he was going to be the great deal maker with congress. What he failed to mention is that he makes a deal every 10 minutes then changes his mind and breaks the deal.

What Donald Trump excels at, and has always excelled at, is pretense and con artistry. He's basically the classic definition of someone being full of crap. And he's wearing the patience of the country with this melodrama, deflection and BS he's producing while he's not making any deals at all. Nada.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:08 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Maybe because he has had three trophy wives and is yet to be in the poor house. Best I can come up with.,

Old 01-07-2019, 09:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
The only reason people believe Trump is a good negotiator is because he wrote a book about getting rich, though even that was full of lies (he's misconstrued the facts of his past). I noticed at the time that New Yorkers remained very unimpressed with Trump, but it was a big deal among out of staters for a couple of months.

Then he started that tv show, which after one season--people pretty much caught on that it was basically one giant commercial for Trump & crony's stuff. One big commercial ad with a pretense of being charity driven. He sure did not make any deals on that program--he did not even make any decisions. MiniMe and Princess Ivanka made all the decisions.

This column is an excellent analysis and description of Trump's negotiating methods and competence, or lack thereof.

"...Trump, in reality, was never a peerless or even a particularly skillful dealmaker, and many of the most significant business transactions he engineered imploded. Instead, he made his way in the world as an indefatigable self-promoter, a marketing confection and a human billboard who frequently licensed his name to buildings and products paid for by others...

...In Trump’s professional life, his inept dealmaking often came home to roost in unmanageable debts and serial bankruptcies. In his more recent political and presidential life it has revealed itself through bungled, hapless efforts..

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...reat-dealmaker

Old 01-07-2019, 09:47 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We know that he’s negotiated deals...what we’re asking for is proof that he’s a GOOD negotiator! So far, I haven’t seen it.

Well, China is allowing American rice to be imported for the first time ever. Doesn't that count for something?

Old 01-07-2019, 11:09 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
The news told me orange man bad! Bad man! No skills! That's why he's poor bad man! News tells me so!

Old 01-07-2019, 11:22 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
The news told me orange man bad! Bad man! No skills! That's why he's poor bad man! News tells me so!
And what tells you Trump is good? National Enquirer? Seriously. Stop acting like a three year old and state an intelligent response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies