Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 05:05 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times

Advertisements

Nothing Individual 1 has done shows him to be a skilled negotiator. In fact, everything we’ve seen shows I-1 actually sucks at it.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...of-deal-218584

Where’s the proof of this master negotiator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 05:17 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
I think he started that rumor.

Old 01-06-2019, 05:31 AM

251 posts, read 148,454 times
Ppl in this country believe that if someone is wealthy, then, by default, they must be a genius at every single thing.

And if Trump claims he's a skilled negotiator, then by-golly it MUST be true.

I mean, didn't he just get up on TV proclaiming to the world that "no one knows more about drones" than he? As a matter a fact, no one knows about anything more than he. Why? Because he's rich and he says so!

Old 01-06-2019, 05:32 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Trump is good at breaking deals.

Making deals is another matter.

Old 01-06-2019, 05:39 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
It's real easy to think you make great deals when you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, owner of a business heavily seeded by your father, and surround yourself with yes-men who just want to stay employed with you. You get yourself in a fake-reality bubble and you somehow convince yourself that you masterminded the whole thing and you did it from scratch so you must be really skilled.

If Trump were a master negotiator our current government wouldn't be a daily soap opera and the citizens of this country would be feeling the constant upheavals while he makes his deals. It would be stealth and seamless.

Old 01-06-2019, 05:47 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
Ppl in this country believe that if someone is wealthy, then, by default, they must be a genius at every single thing.

And if Trump claims he's a skilled negotiator, then by-golly it MUST be true.

I mean, didn't he just get up on TV proclaiming to the world that "no one knows more about drones" than he? As a matter a fact, no one knows about anything more than he. Why? Because he's rich and he says so!
Yep, and remember when he said he knows more than all the Generals ?

Trump's style of "negotiating" is MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY, take it or leave it. Maybe that works in real estate, but when you are dealing with other world leaders, or even your counterparts here at home, they basically will tell you to take a flying leap. Look how Kim Jun Un and others, like the Mexican President, have walked away with no agreements.

Negotiating is give and take, not planting your feet in the sand and holding your breath until you get your way. He needs to read a good book on the subject, like maybe, The Art of the Deal.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:00 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Negotiating is give and take....
Exactly. Negotiating a deal ends up in a win-win situation--each party gets something they value. Basic contract law.

Mr. Trump seems to think that a deal ends up in a "I-win-you-lose" scenario. That tells me that he does not really understand deals. Like I said, in every deal, every party gets something of value, and gives up something of equal value. There are no winners and losers; there are only businesspeople. If Mr. Trump thinks that there are "winners and losers," then he is no businessperson.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:03 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Nothing Individual 1 has done shows him to be a skilled negotiator. In fact, everything we’ve seen shows I-1 actually sucks at it.

The TV show The Apprentice created a character for Trump, portraying him as a brilliant businessman and great negotiator. And many Americans are so gullible and lacking in critical thinking ability that they accept the TV version of Trump as reality.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:14 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
lmao ... Trump has negotiated billion dollar deals for 30 years. This thread is hysterical.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:20 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post

Why do you harbor so much hate in your heart for Trump. Has he personally wronged you?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-06-2019 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies