Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want the wall?
Yes, I want the wall 86 48.59%
No, I do not want the wall 86 48.59%
I could care less 5 2.82%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 06:04 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Just curious on how many support the wall, as of today. A big part of why Trump was elected was because he promised a wall. Many people today say that America (as a whole) does not support constructing a wall across the southern border. I'm curious to see what CD thinks about all this...

Truth bears repeating: "And Mexico will pay for it!"

The wall is a mythical campaign promise.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:05 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,387,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
After listening to an interview with an experienced border patrol agent, I would take what someone like that has to say with much more credibility than any politician who is trying to satisfy their base with a very simplistic solution that is more hot headed fluff than a fact-based way of solving a problem.

The agent's argument was that the agents who actually work the border and put their lives on the line defending our national security is that the issue of border protection is more complex that simply "we're going to build a big wall along the entire border". He was saying that, yes, in some sections the geography and types of crime/breaches do make it more sensible to have a physical barrier. In other areas, though, infrared or other detection is a better solution, along with having more personnel assigned to certain spots. And this doesn't include the more long term policies, international agreements, etc. that can also make an impact on keeping the border secure.

I gathered from what he said that a kneejerk, once size fits all approach (Trumps "build a wall" plan) isn't going to serve the best interests of securing the border like a multi-faceted approach that addresses the complexity of the problems the boots on the street have to deal with every day.

Within constitutional limits, I would defer to the actual professional who is the boots on the ground.
I read a pretty interesting article a while back on this as well. While there are gaps in the border wall, the gaps are generally where it is very difficult or treacherous to cross. Parts of Arizona have no wall, but the climate is so inhospitable that migrants usually die before getting too far across the border. Other parts are too mountainous to build a wall. And the Rio Grande is a big part of the problem; not only do ranchers use it for cattle, but all sorts of animals need to be able to cross the river to maintain the ecosystem there.

We have so much technology at our disposal - let's use it. Look at Area 51 - that place is an inhospitable desert with no wall around it, yet when you come anywhere near the boundary you are instantly swarmed by federal officers. Why can't we do the same at the gaps in our border?

Old 01-06-2019, 08:12 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Truth bears repeating: "And Mexico will pay for it!"

The wall is a mythical campaign promise.

"Polly wanna cracker"? Squawk, squawk. Mythical campaign promise? Why didn't congress keep their promise to build it back in 2006 with Schumer's and Obama's signature on it? I guess if you're a lefty it's ok not to keep promises? I don't hold promises against anyone unless they don't even try to fulfill them. Trump did, the above didn't!

Buh, bye I don't debate with parrots anymore.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:18 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I read a pretty interesting article a while back on this as well. While there are gaps in the border wall, the gaps are generally where it is very difficult or treacherous to cross. Parts of Arizona have no wall, but the climate is so inhospitable that migrants usually die before getting too far across the border. Other parts are too mountainous to build a wall. And the Rio Grande is a big part of the problem; not only do ranchers use it for cattle, but all sorts of animals need to be able to cross the river to maintain the ecosystem there.

We have so much technology at our disposal - let's use it. Look at Area 51 - that place is an inhospitable desert with no wall around it, yet when you come anywhere near the boundary you are instantly swarmed by federal officers. Why can't we do the same at the gaps in our border?

We tried technology years ago and it failed so we scrapped it. There are many porous places on the border that have flimsy fencing or none at all so illegals are getting through those areas. That's why congress passed a bill back in 2006 to put a wall on that 700 miles. They aren't the treacherous areas you are speaking of.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:47 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
It seems this poll is either for or against. I’m in the camp of, you can build the wall after you’ve done all of the other things: everify, fine employers, crack down on visa overstays. After you have done all of that, then we can talk about shoring up the wall.
and when Mexico is going to foot the bill.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:47 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It really is that simple. They know the future of their party depends on open borders. This is why they will not budge on the border wall funding and choose to keep the government shut down going. They can't win on policy so the next best thing is to import third world voters and encourage them to reproduce. Not like they need any encouragement.
It's too late for that now. They won this war.

When Edward Kennedy and his flock of lying traitorous Senators "sold" Americans that its "ethnic makeup would not be [changed]" back before they lied to us selling their 1965 Immigration Act, America was about 85% white, about 10% black, and about 5% "other".

Guess what the makeup is today? About 65% white, about 12% black, and now 23% "other.

That means that whites have dropped 2 out of 10 Americans in that time, and at the same time many white Americans are now communists (democrats).

So it's game over my friend.

The democrats sold us out on a traitorous lie, and there is nothing we can do about it at this point. Now we must suffer through this "diversity" rubbish that has no legal basis whatsoever since it all really started with a lie to begin with anyway.

We're basically screwed.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:56 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Wall is massively popular. Even Obama, Schumer, and Pelosi supported it in 2006.
As it is now 2019 things have changed. Floppy disks were popular at one time too.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:01 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's too late for that now. They won this war.

When Edward Kennedy and his flock of lying traitorous Senators "sold" Americans that its "ethnic makeup would not be [changed]" back before they lied to us selling their 1965 Immigration Act, America was about 85% white, about 10% black, and about 5% "other".

Guess what the makeup is today? About 65% white, about 12% black, and now 23% "other.

That means that whites have dropped 2 out of 10 Americans in that time, and at the same time many white Americans are now communists (democrats).

So it's game over my friend.

The democrats sold us out on a traitorous lie, and there is nothing we can do about it at this point. Now we must suffer through this "diversity" rubbish that has no legal basis whatsoever since it all really started with a lie to begin with anyway.

We're basically screwed.

It's obvious that you're basically screwed, with your white nationalist racism. Your definition of treason, is to allow anyone who is not white, to enter our country or to reproduce. You are correct that your kind has lost what you call a war and your unworthy cause is headed for the dustbin of history.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
You have to love this talking point about NOT having a wall for many hundreds of miles because the crossing is "treacherous". It's as if these people think every square foot of the Planet hasn't been mapped, walked, mined, farmed or otherwise traveled upon!

That takes some real ignorance. We're not talking Mt. Everest here folks, nor are we talking the South Pole. There is not a single Glacier along the way nor any obstacle that would keep any healthy human beings from traversing it.

Wall people are big into symbolism..but as we can see with the lack of e-verify in Texas and Florida, results are not what they are after.

Wall People need educated about trains, cars, ATV's, 4x4's, airplanes, boats, tunnels and the many other clever innovations of mankind.

Just as with Drugs, nothing will ever stop the Movement of Jah People. Nothing ever has and nothing ever will.

You'd be better off focusing on what is around you every day and stopping with the symbolism. We can send y'all pictures of the Orange One standing in front of the sample pieces...signed. Just send $100 to
MyGoFundMe account....coming soon.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:05 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It's obvious that you're basically screwed, with your white nationalist racism. Your definition of treason, is to allow anyone who is not white, to enter our country or to reproduce. You are correct that your kind has lost what you call a war and your unworthy cause is headed for the dustbin of history.
I find that politicians that LIE in such a grotesque and egregious manner to bring about such a fundamental change ARE TREASONOUS. I think they should be tried and given capital punishment after found as traitors.

The fact that you don't....well it says what I already know the "left". Just keep on screaming "RACIST RACIST RACIST!!!!" because it's what the left does the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies