Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 07:57 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The search for the "great white defendant" has hit a snag in this case....seems the mother of the deceased girl forgot to defriend from her FaceBook page the real murderer, who she knew. Quite the set-up complete with a Go-Fund-Me page with 80k delivered to it.
I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt here. Her daughter saw a white guy in a red truck that changed lanes and moved to the driver’s side just as shots rang out and then red truck took off . In the chaos they thought it was red truck. Red truck was probably just trying to get out of the way of gunfire.

That she was friends with the actual shooter tells me they were probably after her or her husband, but that’s pure speculation on my part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 08:00 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Just some idiot trying to show anyone who cares what a gangsta he is. I knew it the minute I saw the story. This story will happen forever until the country solves the scourge of irresponsible parenting.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:02 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Mistaken identity, especially at night, is pretty understandable.

Heck, people get shot for just sorta looking like some rival gang member or standing next to a cousin outside a 7-11 that's got into some dirty business etc.

If we remember the cop out on the west coast that went on the killing spree a couple years back, police shot up a truck with 2 little Mexican ladies because the "large black ex cop" drove a similar color truck.

Saddest thing about this is that indeed, it really only "blew up" nationally because of the racial angle. This BS goes on all the time across America, we only like to pay attention sometimes.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-07-2019 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post and direct reply to it

Old 01-07-2019, 08:11 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Obviously, the tragedy of this little girl’s death remains unabated, for those who care about the lives of children, and the pain of her parents is still the same. but with the switch in the story from a mysterious white triggerman to a couple of black gangbangers, the attention from our national media will end, protests will cease, and business as usual will resume.
Of course it will.

Public interest controls the corporate news and they need ratings >>>>> ad revenue>>>>meet quarterly profit goals.

Otherwise, they start firing people until the ratings get better.

The media is under the same "profit pressure" as Walmart, Pfizer and John Deere.

Ironically, if the media started heavily covering crimes like this they'd have to be very careful and would almost certainly face accusations of racism for creating the false impression that every young black guy is some sort of gang banging bad dude. (There is of course merit for that complaint given past media coverage)

Just remember everyone. When you click on a story about Melania Trumps coat, some little black girl being murdered or a dog that can fit 8 tennis balls in it's mouth....you're telling that media outlet....I WANT MORE OF THAT.

They're going to oblige you. $$$$

Old 01-07-2019, 08:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
‘a new direction’ indeed.
let’s have a look at these ‘racially motivated’ killers...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...new-direction/

“Many, including [civil rights lawyer] Merritt, speculated that the crime was racially motivated based on early witness accounts [i.e., the victims mother- who just so happens to be Facebook friends with on of the suspects.. ]of the suspect — who was described by authorities as a “thin white man” in his 30s or 40s.

notorious race-baiter talcum x is twisting himself in knots right now.

There was no malicious intent on behalf of the family, though. In the emotions of being fired upon and gun shots and hysteria.....all she saw was a truck with a white man. That is not like making up a story to try deflect attention away from something you did.

Sometimes people get it wrong. Eyewitness accounts are always suspect. That is just the nature of the game. Sometimes you accuse the wrong people. Fortunately no white guy was arrested and sent to jail for a crime they did not commit.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:49 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
‘a new direction’ indeed.
let’s have a look at these ‘racially motivated’ killers...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...new-direction/

“Many, including [civil rights lawyer] Merritt, speculated that the crime was racially motivated based on early witness accounts [i.e., the victims mother- who just so happens to be Facebook friends with on of the suspects.. ]of the suspect — who was described by authorities as a “thin white man” in his 30s or 40s.

notorious race-baiter talcum x is twisting himself in knots right now.
There is more to this story than meets the eye. Pretty unusual for a white guy to do a drive by. This was pay back for something someone in that family did.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:55 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
There is more to this story than meets the eye. Pretty unusual for a white guy to do a drive by. This was pay back for something someone in that family did.

This^^ is my suspicion a well. Perhaps they called the police on a gang related incident, turned some one in for dope dealing etc, or otherwise crossed a gang. Gangs retaliate on people all the time, every single day thus.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:58 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This^^ is my suspicion a well. Perhaps they called the police on a gang related incident, turned some one in for dope dealing etc, or otherwise crossed a gang. Gangs retaliate on people all the time, every single day thus.
They also make mistakes and this could have been mistaken identity. I'm just confused how the people reported it was a white shooter. That needs to be looked into.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:05 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
This is the real deplorable, the use and abuse of a dead child. Not sad, repugnant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
heartbreaking....so sad.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:08 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Shaun King put up a 100k reward. Shaun King hoped that the the suspect was white. Shaun King held on to that narrative too. Shaun King is a dangerous man if he keeps on accusing white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies