Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 12:49 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
You’re advocating giving free stuff to poor people, and a policy of “Don’t make the poor people angry” because of what you believe poor people will do if they aren’t given free stuff? Really?
Do you think people will simply step aside and quietly die for your convenience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 12:57 AM

10,743 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Do you think people will simply step aside and quietly die for your convenience?
No.

What in my post led you to that silly, unsupported conclusion?

Old 01-08-2019, 01:34 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
You’re advocating giving free stuff to poor people, and a policy of “Don’t make the poor people angry” because of what you believe poor people will do if they aren’t given free stuff? Really?
Apparently I have to repeat myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Only 16% of those who receive food stamps are considered "able bodied adults". The rest of them are children and seniors. Yeah, what a bunch of degenerates. Make the elderly work until they fall into their graves and bring back child labor - those degenerates need to earn their keep!

Old 01-08-2019, 02:09 AM

10,743 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Apparently I have to repeat myself:
My post was in response to the following:

Quote:
<Snip>>

This is a really stupid way to look at things. You clearly do not understand human nature. Hunger makes people angry. People who thought they were getting food not getting food is going to make them even angrier. You really do not want a mob of people who are angry taking to the streets - because they will. And they will blame anyone and everyone for it, whether or not those people had a thing to do with it. Don't be obtuse.
Your “repeating yourself” in no way addresses that.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:21 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
No.

What in my post led you to that silly, unsupported conclusion?
Then what exactly do you think people will do if they're hungry and unable to earn enough money to eat (If they don't have access to charity services and if begging doesn't work)?

Old 01-08-2019, 02:29 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Nope. SS deposit are made on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Wednesday of the month, based on the day of birth in the month. 1>10 get checks on the 2nd Wednesday, etc. Folks who started getting SS in 1997 or earlier get their checks on the 3rd day of the month. Rules are also different for folks on disability.
Thanks for clarifying. I was basing my assumption on the experience of my parents, both of whom started receiving benefits prior to 1997.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:50 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How many times have we heard liberals laughing at the plight of hard working farmers who can't sell their soybeans? No sympathy given to dairy farmers who enjoy the privilege of selling their product at a loss. It's funny because these folks are conservatives, and likely Trump supporters, according to libs. How many liberal talking heads have we heard from wishing the stock market would crash on Trump's watch, just so it makes him look bad?

Some people don't try, and complain when they accomplish nothing. Not much you can do to help those types. But laughing at the plight of people who work their tail off, and still fall behind... That's as low as it gets.

Keep falling for the divide and conquer play America. I'm sure you'll get a prize eventually for all your effort... Just not a prize you're going to like or want.
Yes how many times have you heard that? Please post a link to any post where liberals are laughing at farmers losing money.

As for the reverse, you can see an example of a conservative showing a distinct lack of empathy for those who may not have enough to eat on the very first page of this thread.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:53 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So what? Every single day, every human being, animals, birds and fish feel hunger several times in a 24 hour period. It's just the way we are all wired to encourage us to eat and fuel our bodies. Feeling hunger is completely natural. And for those trying to lose weight (and yes, many of our children in America are obese and need to lose weight), dietitians suggest that when feeling hunger, one should drink a glass of water (not sugary soda, not fruit juice) slowly first.

And children who are from poor families still get free lunches and even free breakfasts at their public schools.

And maybe poor families will take this event to think about the importance of not having children or many children until they are financially able to take care of them on their own. Getting and using food stamps are meant to be a once in a while safety net, not a permanent way of life.
Wow. A lot of justification to cover up being a disgusting human being. “They eat at school!” Ya, I am sure you could survive on five meals a week. Why don’t you try?

Old 01-08-2019, 05:12 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
And? Maybe it'll help people become self reliant and quit the tit.
That would be nice it they stopped being on the tit brit. They all need to be cut off for good.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:52 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Spoken by the totally clueless. So tell me again at what age can children who need food stamps become self-reliant? Six, seven?
No. Wrong question. The real question is where are their TWO parents and why aren't they able to feed the children they've made???

Another choice those parents had when the children were born was to give them up for adoption while still infants... to vetted couples seeking a baby to adopt and raise.

Parenthood should never be entered into lightly and all willy-nilly. Serious thought and planning should be involved, not feelings of temporary infatuation for ones sexual partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies