Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 01:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Newsflash. She lost the election. You know what they say about finishing second....
Yes, she did. So maybe the cons should focus on the fool that won instead of bringing her up ad nauseam.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:51 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Maybe you missed the actual popular vote count...

Hillary has been attacked every since she did not play the "decorate the white house and wear designer clothes and smile for the camera... instead she kicked the white male established in the butt by standing firm on her ideals about "health care" and these white males in power have been pissed off since then. How dare a woman challenge them and not submit...!!!! How dare her as First Lady, not sit in the shadows and just dress up the White House... !!!
I agree! To some conservative and controlling men, powerful women that actually stand up to them are not supposed to exist in the world. I don’t like the idea that women are only here to obey men, take care of men, change diapers, and cook, clean, and decorate things!

Old 01-08-2019, 01:51 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Fingers crossed that she and Bill will commit double suicide when they are indicted over the Clinton Foundation corruption and for giving classified info to our enemies via her private server. It will really p1ss off opposition media salivating for high ratings from their trials.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:01 PM

23,965 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Fingers crossed that she and Bill will commit double suicide when they are indicted over the Clinton Foundation corruption and for giving classified info to our enemies via her private server. It will really p1ss off opposition media salivating for high ratings from their trials.
You can't be that stupid.

If you were a highly visible and scrutinized public figure with a foundation that was audited annually and watched over by hundreds of curious people, would you be so naive as to do something criminal where it would be so easily caught? Even iffy behavior. That private server was in her basement. The Secret Service secures her house.

Even as we speak there is another thread actively discussing HRC being such a PITA for those who guard her. If there were illegal activity going on wouldn't one of those guys who hated her discover it.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:10 PM

33,300 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
The (Right Wing Republicans) are angry because Hillary stood up to the "white male establishments" and did not back down, did not fold over and cower in the corners and does not submit as being subservient to the "white male" systems of still trying to dictate and dominate..... They have not figured it out, that the "centuries old, abusive and vile" system of "white male" dominance IS OVER....

They (Right Wing Republicans) and white male establishment, hate the fact she put a million shatters in their delusion they would continue the promotion of "white male dominance"... She shattered it, and there was nothing they could to to force her into submission. She would play "smiley face"... "miss submissive" and did not get into their game of "expecting women to act weak and accept being dictated to, dictated over and controlled".... It burst their bubble... and they have been on attack every since... and now one day in her life has she made any act, effort or intent to ever submit to that archaic ignorance of white male dominance. !!!!!

She did not open herself to their sex hound madness of "white male dominated systems" game of expecting women to spend their whole life trying to see if one of the "white male" who thought themselves dominant would pursue her....

She proved she does not need their validation, to be the woman she is, and the person who stands to be principled and with understanding of the system of governance and its Constitutional Mandates, to back up her principle with having gained the knowledge to be whom she is as "A Woman" and "Individual".

Then why are you so angry ?

Old 01-08-2019, 02:16 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If you were a highly visible and scrutinized public figure with a foundation that was audited annually and watched over by hundreds of curious people, would you be so naive as to do something criminal where it would be so easily caught? Even iffy behavior. That private server was in her basement. The Secret Service secures her house.

Even as we speak there is another thread actively discussing HRC being such a PITA for those who guard her. If there were illegal activity going on wouldn't one of those guys who hated her discover it.

The Deep State protects their own. The Clintons have escaped prosecution because those in power didn't want to prosecute them. The previous DoJ was corrupt as was the FBI. Sort of like living in a small town where you know the Sheriff will look the other way because he's your friend or relative. That is slowly changing, thankfully, so you'll just have to be patient.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:30 PM

23,965 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Quote:
The Deep State protects their own. The Clintons have escaped prosecution because those in power didn't want to prosecute them. The previous DoJ was corrupt as was the FBI. Sort of like living in a small town where you know the Sheriff will look the other way because he's your friend or relative. That is slowly changing, thankfully, so you'll just have to be patient.
I'll believe when I see it. I understood about the CIA during Viet Nam and when they ruined Chile because they wanted another bunch in power. Looking the other way when they allowed Cheney to invade Iraq to save his Halliburton deferred compensation was another tip off. Nobody sane would trust the FBI. Hoover's antics also left a lasting impression that would be hard for me to shake, corporate culture being what it is.

But, I don't see anything changing. We just traded one bunch of crooks for another. Only this tlme they are not even American.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:32 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
I just read Fear by Bob Woodward about the Trump administration. The entire staff could hardly get through a sentence without throwing the F bomb. Steve Bannon, who is a very devout Roman Catholic, was perhaps the worst. More F-bombs than Eli Lily has pills.

I would put Hillary Clinton's decorum up against the Trump admin any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:38 PM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and why am I intrested, b/c I heard on TV, someone said, something about Hillary running again, and I believe she was a guest on the view...?
Sounds pretty vague. Are you sure what you heard, or that you heard anything at all?

Quote:
Well, actually I don't care how long ago it was....you care so much about comments that were made 11 or more years ago about Trump....
I did? Whoa, more deflection. Do you know what I care about for sure? Are you sure it was 11 or more years ago, or maybe it was 8 or 9?

Stick to facts and leave wild speculation to Breitbart et al.

Quote:
I'm asking again, did you hear she was running in 2020....some of you must have?
Everything I've read points to the contrary. Only those with Hillary Derangement Syndrome are speculating she'll run again.

Quote:
instead of consistently attacking why don't you simply disprove my statements, instead of pretending you know what I'm thinking about?
I haven't read anything to your point that's concrete enough to disprove.

Quote:
If you learn one thing, note how from election to election what each party does to one another. It's a dog a pony show...nothing more, nothing less
And why, exactly, are you contributing to it then?

Quote:
The Deep State protects their own.
LMAO ..

Old 01-08-2019, 02:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
I'm not trolling, wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything....conclusive....and or constructive comments about who might be running in 2020.

I care about these things....I don't think "so what?"

I'll say this again, I think she is going to run.
There are threads in the election forum specific to who might or might not run in/for 2020.
Most of those actually start with "do you think so and so will run" or "who do you think will run..."

If that was the intent of this thread, perhaps it should be merged with one of those.

Personally, I doubt very much if Mrs. Clinton will run again. But I do not question her being sought after by those who might want to run.
Like her as a person or no, her years of experience are extremely valuable and useful to others looking to start down a similar road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.