Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 06:50 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Asians are smart.....just like every other race.

Asians are a "filtered" population in America. In other words, most Asians that have come to America, the last 30 years or say, have come as students or on Hb-1 technical work visas. In other words, you are not getting the "typical" Asian from their countries, you are getting the "atypical" Asian. You are getting the "top end" students and or social rank from those countries. The same is true of African immigrants. Thus, what ends up happening is that the average American gets compared with the above average Asians and Africans, which are the ones that American immigration policy allows in, ignoring the lottery and illegal immigration and refugees.

Furthermore, Asians tend to be concentrated in the areas of the countries with the HIGHEST cost of living, like the Bay Area, LA, Seattle, NY, etc. Those areas also have higher rates of pay to kind of mitigate the higher cost of living. Hence, one reason Asians incomes are higher because they live in areas where the pay is higher for the same kind of work. Hence, when you compare that to groups whose numbers are more geographically diverse, Asians will have higher incomes. For example, if you compared the incomes of Asians who worked at a fast food restaurants in Seattle to whites who work at fast foods in Indianapolis, Asians will show higher incomes than whites because minimum wage and pay in general is higher for Seattle workers than Indianapolis workers.

Wanted to note ITA on the bold in regards to Asian Americans and African immigrants amongst others.

It is always strange that someone honestly thinks they can compare Asian Americans to black Americans. Especially strange for anyone to make assumptions about Asians in general based on the Asian American population. By all accounts most Asians and most Africans are worse off economically and educationally than black Americans are in their respective countries, yet the small population of them here, are used to represent the total of these groups. Interesting to me is that often these same people speak ill of "group identity" politics even though they are the ones who express group identity politics the most by attempting to either denigrate or place on a pedestal certain racial groups based on the American population.

America has unique circumstances when it comes to how each "race" is viewed from a sociological perspective. This perspective does have a hand in the outcomes and psyches of each group.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:03 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wanted to note ITA on the bold in regards to Asian Americans and African immigrants amongst others.

It is always strange that someone honestly thinks they can compare Asian Americans to black Americans. Especially strange for anyone to make assumptions about Asians in general based on the Asian American population. By all accounts most Asians and most Africans are worse off economically and educationally than black Americans are in their respective countries, yet the small population of them here, are used to represent the total of these groups. Interesting to me is that often these same people speak ill of "group identity" politics even though they are the ones who express group identity politics the most by attempting to either denigrate or place on a pedestal certain racial groups based on the American population.

America has unique circumstances when it comes to how each "race" is viewed from a sociological perspective. This perspective does have a hand in the outcomes and psyches of each group.

I totally agree. They try to play this game of "okey doke" on us to obfuscate or deflect from the real racial consequences on socioeconomics, primarily as it relates to black/white, as a result of racism. This is a black/white issue, more than anything else, as the vast majority of African Americans and European Americans are at least 5 generation Americans. In other words, most of black and white peoples ancestors, in America, were here in the 1800's. Since our two groups have been here, can't forget the Native Americans, these groups are the groups who SHOULD have about equal socioeconomic....if not for the accrued impact of centuries of racial discrimination. Native American numbers are so low now....their voices are not being heard.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:04 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How would I know? I only concern myself with my own people.
Good to see your racism out in the open.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
My question is when did white Americans EVER think that things were bad for blacks?

Answer: they never did. Whites in general have always thought that things were great for us. Many thought that things were too good for us if anything....even when the country was in the throes of horrible Jim Crow.
Government mandated. Hows that big government that you love working out for you?

Bought and paid for by racists. Hows that feel that YOUR people did that? Sold out to the party of the klan for money. Just like George Wallace did. lol The irony is laughable.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Asians are smart.....just like every other race.

Asians are a "filtered" population in America. In other words, most Asians that have come to America, the last 30 years or say, have come as students or on Hb-1 technical work visas. In other words, you are not getting the "typical" Asian from their countries, you are getting the "atypical" Asian. You are getting the "top end" students and or social rank from those countries. The same is true of African immigrants. Thus, what ends up happening is that the average American gets compared with the above average Asians and Africans, which are the ones that American immigration policy allows in, ignoring the lottery and illegal immigration and refugees.

Furthermore, Asians tend to be concentrated in the areas of the countries with the HIGHEST cost of living, like the Bay Area, LA, Seattle, NY, etc. Those areas also have higher rates of pay to kind of mitigate the higher cost of living. Hence, one reason Asians incomes are higher because they live in areas where the pay is higher for the same kind of work. Hence, when you compare that to groups whose numbers are more geographically diverse, Asians will have higher incomes. For example, if you compared the incomes of Asians who worked at a fast food restaurants in Seattle to whites who work at fast foods in Indianapolis, Asians will show higher incomes than whites because minimum wage and pay in general is higher for Seattle workers than Indianapolis workers.
Asians have a very high percentage of two parent famlies. THAT is why they are successful as a group. Ignore the truth all you want.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Frankly, I don’t give a damn what white folks think or who they compare us to in order to salve their own consciousness about how we got to our present situation in the first place.

No other race or ethnic group has a story in the United States that’s comparable to ours. In fact, African immigrants are just as foreign to our experience as Asians are. African Americans are NOT immigrants to this country, and no immigrant group regardless of race shares any aspect of our unique history in the Americas.

That’s just the way it is. I won’t wven bother to acknowledge the sentiment of whites on this topic if it’s any different from mine.
Blacks got into this situation because they sold out to the klan and became puppets. Vote for us, here's your handout. Probably just a coincidence that black UE was lower than whites until blacks became democrats.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:16 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Asians have a very high percentage of two parent famlies. THAT is why they are successful as a group. Ignore the truth all you want.

If that is the case........then Why is the standard of living of America so much higher than the standard of living in China or India, the two largest "Asian" nations? Don't they have two parent households at higher rates than here in America? Check! Do those countries have higher living standards than America? Uncheck.

Look....I know that no amount of logic is going to change you beating that dead horse....so you keep lining them up and we will keep knocking them down. It's a game

Old 01-10-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I find value in what they think because it gives me ammunition to use against them. For example, I know that modern images of blacks living prosperous in parts of Africa......really gets to them.
No it doesn't. That's just something you made and you no proof.

Quote:
They need Africa to be a complete slit hole and for African Americans to believe it is a complete slit hole, to continue to be smug about the the oppression we faced in America.
No Africa is just another example of what lack of freedom brings. Not that you care about the truth as you continue with your down with whitey campaign.

Quote:
They believe that THEY are all we got. Its like an abusive mate who wants to convince the other that they can't do better than them. That despite the abuse, you can't do better because nobody else wants you. When you show pictures of Africa and Africans living well...and not naked in some mud hut......they can't stand it. They will not admit it, but understanding human psychology, you know they do. They will then try to say that the Africans has nothing to do with the modernity......its all the work of outsiders.....because they want us to believe we are inferior and incapable of such.
Except you made all this up and have no proof. Amazing how you make things up because you hate whitey.

Quote:
Like I said, I have been to Africa a few times.....Yes, there are some terrible conditions....but many are living better than we live over here
hahahahahaha I guess that's why African nations are always ranked among he highest when it comes to standard of living. hahahahaha

Quote:
Two of good friends from Africa, who immigrated to America, have moved back to their countries in the last several years.....BY CHOICE.
I have one obsure example and that silly data point means it's the norm.

Quote:
More still seek to come to America than leave America.....but their perceptions of America is utopian and many are disappointed after living here a while.
No they don't. That's just something you made up and have no proof.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-10-2019 at 07:25 AM..

Old 01-10-2019, 07:18 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
There are hard working, smart, successful, motivated people of every race in this nation. Just as there are lazy, stupid, unmotivated and criminal ones. It's all up to the INDIVIDUAL to make something of themselves. And in this nation the basics are pretty damn simple to be at least out of poverty. Graduate high school. Stay out of prison. Don't get knocked up before you can afford to raise a child. Get a job. Same for every single race. The pathetic thing is that we have politicians trying to divide us by race and play us off each other. And as bad are race profiteers that try to tell one race or another how "hard" they have it and why they can't make a decent life for themselves. Those people profit off the suffering of others-particularly the minorities they lie and sell their crap to.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
If that is the case........then Why is the standard of living of America so much higher than the standard of living in China or India, the two largest "Asian" nations? Don't they have two parent households at higher rates than here in America? Check! Do those countries have higher living standards than America? Uncheck.
It's called resources. How in the world are you so horrible at problem solving that you don't understand the HONEST comparison is single and two parent families WITHIN that group of that country?
lol childish
Quote:
Look....I know that no amount of logic is going to change you beating that dead horse....
You haven't shown any logic. None. Your post is an embarassment. You can't even make a valid comparison on something so simple as single parenthood. Your lack of education and training in problem solving is horrific. Granted that's what happens when one has a twisted agenda and doesn't care about the truth.

Quote:
so you keep lining them up and we will keep knocking them down. It's a game
You have yet to knock anything I've said down. Not once. btw Who is we? The uninformed false race card players?
Oh wait, I know of one example that I cannot prove, which discounts all the overwhelming data, that says otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies