Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 08:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I also read a study once that showed kids who eat at the dinner table, as a family, become more successful than those who don't eat together for dinner.
Thus, the question would be is eating at the dinner table together the CAUSE of the SUCCESS or a SYMPTOM of SUCCESS (meaning that some other quality is the root cause of the eating at the dinner table, as well as, the root cause of the kids later success in life).
lol YOU would think that made up story has merit. That's been my point all along. You keep making things up.

Quote:
That is the question you have to ask about two parent families. Economic dysfunction in individuals, particularly males, tend to produce the symptom of lower rates of marriage, as one of the traditional gender roles for males was that of the PROVIDER. Thus, if you beat down the males of a group, economically, it will produce the symptom of reduced rates of marriage among that group.
UE is little different than 50 years ago. Why has single parenthood more than doubled for EVERY group during that span? Couldnt be that the welfare stte encourages couples to not stay together and raise their kids. To not work or better oneself when government will provide. Keep trying.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
If 100 out of every 1000 people exposed to a certain negativity will developer a chip on their shoulder....100 people would not have a chip on their shoulder if not for the negativity.

What people like you essentially want from people like me.....is to believe that actions do not produce reactions or consequences. More specifically, you want me to believe that racism produces no ill effects that is lasting. However, if it did not, why do blacks still languish if you are not arguing that they are inherently inferior?
It's not about racism. It's about the fact what little racism there is, isn't responsible for keeping blacks AND hispanics down. It's the low rate of 2 parent families in those groups compared to other groups.

I don't see whitey stopping blacks and hispanics from working fulltime. I don't see whitey encouraging them to have children out of wedlock. I don't see whitey stopping them from attending and finishing high school. The last person who did that was George Wallace and that was 60 years ago. BTW WALLACE WOULD HAVE WON THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION FOR PRESIDENT IN THE 70'S IF HE HADN'T BEEN SHOT. But it's white republicans who are racist, right?

I feel sorry for the hispanics who don't make it. Why they were enslaved by the tens of thousands in America and that slavery is responsible for keeping them down, right?

Old 01-10-2019, 08:44 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not surprising when a white felon is just as likely to be employed as a black person with no criminal record. A white person with a recent criminal history is more likely to receive a call-back than a Black man with no record. Whites give other whites affirmative action in every way imaginable. It’s no wonder they accumulate more wealth.

https://www.google.com/amp/ac360.blo...-for-hire/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...rticle/430971/
Probably helps not to have a hair style that looks like a Chia pet. Or be able to speak English. But of course if it’s raining it’s Whiteys fault. If you stub your toe it’s Whiteys fault. If you’re 20 years old and still in high school it’s Whiteys fault. Etc.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:46 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times
Quote:
If 100 out of every 1000 people exposed to a certain negativity will developer a chip on their shoulder....100 people would not have a chip on their shoulder if not for the negativity.

What people like you essentially want from people like me.....is to believe that actions do not produce reactions or consequences. More specifically, you want me to believe that racism produces no ill effects that is lasting. However, if it did not, why do blacks still languish if you are not arguing that they are inherently inferior?
I don't want anything from you and never have. Actions absolutely have reactions and consequences, then it's up to you what you do from there. When have I ever said that anyone is inherently inferior? You assume much about people you don't know. Perhaps you should mind your own backyard instead of projecting your crap on other people.

You tell me why blacks still languish, not my place to tell you. But if you get resistance to cries of victimhood in today's America then you ought to seek another path to your own success.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:46 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You're comparing 2 things 100 years apart? lol What you refuse to get is that blacks made more progress in the 2 years BEFORE the CRA Act than the 2 years after it. You also will refuse to understand that it was big government, the big government you want to run your life, that was responsible for denying rights and not whitey.

As a group blacks aren't equal. For the main reason that 70% of their children come from single parent families so of course they wont be raised correctly as a group compared to Asians which have a high rate of 2 parent families. Honest people, those that don't play the race card and care about the facts understand that Blacks raised in 2 parent families are much more successful than blacks raised in single parent families. That just a FACT that you'll continue to run from.

But it's whitey which is keeping blacks down, right? The irony of you playing the race card while making racist comments against whitey is laughable.

Lets run with that. Blacks came from two parent homes in Africa, before becoming enslaved. After the period of enslavement in America, black single parent homes was higher than it was in Africa and higher than it was in America for African Americans. Hence, if single family homes, as you say, is the root problem......then slavery was the root cause. This is not conjecture. Blacks were okay before slavery and after slavery the black family was broken.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
It's not about racism. It's about the fact what little racism there is, isn't responsible for keeping blacks AND hispanics down. It's the low rate of 2 parent families in those groups compared to other groups.

I don't see whitey stopping blacks and hispanics from working fulltime. I don't see whitey encouraging them to have children out of wedlock. I don't see whitey stopping them from attending and finishing high school. The last person who did that was George Wallace and that was 60 years ago. BTW WALLACE WOULD HAVE WON THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION FOR PRESIDENT IN THE 70'S IF HE HADN'T BEEN SHOT. But it's white republicans who are racist, right?

I feel sorry for the hispanics who don't make it. Why they were enslaved by the tens of thousands in America and that slavery is responsible for keeping them down, right?

I am not talking about Hispanics. I am talking about blacks. Why are you all of a sudden muddying the waters? Explain the origins of black out of wedlock births in America. When did the rates becomes skewed between blacks and whites and why? Everything that is can be explained by the evolution of events from their past.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
lol YOU would think that made up story has merit. That's been my point all along. You keep making things up.

UE is little different than 50 years ago. Why has single parenthood more than doubled for EVERY group during that span? Couldnt be that the welfare stte encourages couples to not stay together and raise their kids. To not work or better oneself when government will provide. Keep trying.

Did not make that up. I read the study about 10 years ago.....but I googled and found similar....but not the same about latter success in life.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...gether/374256/

Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I am not talking about Hispanics. I am talking about blacks.
My simple point, that flew over your puddin' head was the fact that hispanics are low down the totem pole because of the high rate of single parenthood and not because of the slavery crutch that you use. Get it?

Quote:
Why are you all of a sudden muddying the waters?
I'm not. That's just your inability to seek the truth and comprehend simple statements.

Quote:
Explain the origins of black out of wedlock births in America. When did the rates becomes skewed between blacks and whites and why? Everything that is can be explained by the evolution of events from their past.
It's not about being being skewed, lol. It's about the FACT that in EVERY group children from single parent families are much worse off. Not that you care about the truth.
Why would you care when it happened when you blindly don't care about the very fact that it is true? lol Keep trying to deflect and keep trying to be right, instead of looking for the truth.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:59 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
"Black people are really confident that they know what white people are confident about".

See how that works?

Old 01-10-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Did not make that up. I read the study about 10 years ago.....but I googled and found similar....but not the same about latter success in life.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...gether/374256/
Wrong link. It didn't address the issue we are discussing. Which isn't surprising coming from you. Maybe I missed the graph which backs up your inaccurate theory that UE was different back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies