Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 04:45 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Are you able to have a conversation without the snark or cryptic comments? I am not a mind reader. Say what you mean.

Why don't you say what you mean? You are the one being cryptic in saying that there are many other reasons (reasons that I assumed has been controlled for to not be a symptom or effect of past racism) for black inequality than what I stated. Yet, you never shared those reasons.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:50 PM

512 posts, read 474,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
If you are saying that the 'race card' is some kind of mythic phantom, please respond to this thread and prove me wrong. Your chance to blow me out of the water, once and for all. This thread contains various examples of the 'race card.' For example,

https://dailycaller.com/2012/07/12/m...net-is-racist/
This thread and a Mitt Romney accusation are not sufficient evidence for you to contend that the "race card" is a huge issue. That is simply confirmation bias on your part.

I was in no way insinuating that people falsely allege racism, but do remind yourself that dog-whistle racism is a prominent theme in American politics right now, so perhaps sometimes our paranoia is justifiable.

Do you want an example of dog-whistle racism? Google Ron Desantis' "monkey it up" remark. Anybody with a brain would know the term "monkey" has racial connotations to it, historically and figuratively speaking.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:55 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why don't you say what you mean? You are the one being cryptic in saying that there are many other reasons (reasons that I assumed has been controlled for to not be a symptom or effect of past racism) for black inequality than what I stated. Yet, you never shared those reasons.
Location, education, family, much of this has been brought up here and studied for decades. Only time and you can fix this. Your insistence on calling conservatives racist doesn't help. There will always be conservatives and you don't care if they don't win elections. Are you making a public service announcement to those with a conservative ideology? It will end up where it ends up.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:56 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,232 times
Black oppression in today's society:

Old 01-13-2019, 04:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
How is race discussed with children in black homes? It would be interesting to hear as I have no idea.

ETA: Does anyone think that parents in white homes would want to discuss race with their children in the current climate? It is and has been taboo for decades to even acknowledge race in any manner. It is even worse now. Any discussion of differences immediately is decried as racism even if none exists. So are we all the same or aren't we?
Black posters have made it clear that they teach their children that they have to work harder than white people, etc. So what message do you suppose that conveys?

And of course white people discuss race with their children. I've posted before that I don't know any white children from my kids generation on who didn't have it instilled in them that prejudice, stereotyping, and racism is wrong - but according to what the black folks have posted - it's quite the opposite being told to their children.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Location, education, family, much of this has been brought up here and studied for decades. Only time and you can fix this. Your insistence on calling conservatives racist doesn't help. There will always be conservatives and you don't care if they don't win elections. Are you making a public service announcement to those with a conservative ideology? It will end up where it ends up.

Remember what I said about wanting to be challenged intellectually....and not my person? Okay then....lets discuss your "factors".

How and why would each of the factors you listed be different for blacks and whites in America, given that blacks and whites, on average, are more than 6 generations deep Americans? What would make location, education, family come out different for blacks than whites?

Old 01-13-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Black posters have made it clear that they teach their children that they have to work harder than white people, etc. So what message do you suppose that conveys?

And of course white people discuss race with their children. I've posted before that I don't know any white children from my kids generation on who didn't have it instilled in them that prejudice, stereotyping, and racism is wrong - but according to what the black folks have posted - it's quite the opposite being told to their children.
You are correct that the only discussion about race was that prejudice, stereotyping, and racism is wrong. Period. There was nothing more to discuss. Treat everyone equally. I am not sure what else a white person could or should teach their children.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Black oppression in today's society:

Lol

That was pretty funny.

Yeah...we were not really oppressed....we are just our own worst enemy, self oppressing ourselves. But that's not racist to believe blacks are their own worst enemy, but no other race is their own worst enemy to the same degree as blacks hurt themselves. If every race were equally their own worst enemy....it would be a wash and we would all essentially be equal, because there would be no distinction to create a difference. But that's not racist to believe blacks have a higher degree of innate dysfunction.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
You are correct that the only discussion about race was that prejudice, stereotyping, and racism is wrong. Period. There was nothing more to discuss. Treat everyone equally. I am not sure what else a white person could or should teach their children.

Wait a minute. So you can vouch for what "white people" teach their kids just based upon the circle of people you know....when there are over 200 million white people in this country? What...are you guys like the "Borg" of Star Trek fame?

I cannot really tell you what black families are telling their kids about race. I honestly have no idea....and there are only like 44 million blacks in this country. You think I would have a better chance of knowing what 44 million people are doing than you would have knowing what 200 million people are doing. Just sayin

I guess you all feel that if you can demonstrate that all white people are not racist, based upon your personal circles, then that should be enough evidence that the MAJORITY of white people are not racist. Yeah....hooray for the microcosms. Who made your circle the OFFICIAL microcosm of white America? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Remember what I said about wanting to be challenged intellectually....and not my person? Okay then....lets discuss your "factors".

How and why would each of the factors you listed be different for blacks and whites in America, given that blacks and whites, on average, are more than 6 generations deep Americans? What would make location, education, family come out different for blacks than whites?
Why would I do that? So you can tell me that the black person historically started out at the bottom and innately unequal? Ok we can agree on that. Now what? I am still conservative and believe in the individual and personal responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies