Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 12:24 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You can't say that some factors have NOTHING to do with a control group. Ergo, absent a situation where blacks have not been oppressed in this country, how would blacks behave? Oh....wait....what about the Africans who immigrate to America. They seem to do a lot better than African Americans. They certainly seem to have a different CULTURE, yet, they are "black". Indeed, African Americans started off as just Africans....with African Culture.....until this land and the people controlling it changed us to what we are today. The Africans, minus this exposure, seem to do much better in America.
blame others at all costs.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:24 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
A thousand posts later, I would ask - does all of this affect you, Indentured Servant, the individual? Are you held down by racists who explicitly oppress you? Does your immediate family have a culture of failure?

Forget about the external collective thing for a second, and describe how your pursuit of happiness is going.

I try not to use anecdotes....and my personal situation would be such and cannot and should not be argued to be a microcosm. People who do that are guilty of the fallacy of composition. My personal situation does not prove or disprove any general truth about the whole.

I certainly have a story to tell....but my story does not tell the story, necessarily, of blacks in America. Thus, what would be the point?

Old 01-16-2019, 12:26 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
I always said, if you want to know what’s going on with black people, ask white people.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
blame others at all costs.

So are you saying that is not what happened? You did not say I was lying. You said I was blaming. I can live with that.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I always said, if you want to know what’s going on with black people, ask white people.

LOL....so true. I better find a white person and see how my family is doing today. No doubt they are doing something dysfunctional.....cause we just can't help ourselves.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:29 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Maybe that is correct. The OP(black guy) has gone on and on with no clear answers. Just 95 pages of nonsense. You make a great point.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Maybe that is correct. The OP(black guy) has gone on and on with no clear answers. Just 95 pages of nonsense. You make a great point.

Not quite 95 pages of nonsense.....I don't think you have posted on every page.....I could be wrong though.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:55 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Not quite 95 pages of nonsense.....I don't think you have posted on every page.....I could be wrong though.
Touche! Good one!

Old 01-16-2019, 04:00 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Yes the number would be higher if all rapes are reported....but the fact that all rapes are not being reported makes me not trust numbers that say blacks are raping at twice the rate of whites (how would you know that unless ALL rapes are recorded). Homicides are different. Nearly all homicides get recorded and hence if homicides figures shows blacks committee homicides at a higher rate, I would be much more likely to trust the data.
But they do.

When the race of the offender was known, 54.2 percent were Black or African American, 43.1 percent were White, and 2.6 percent were of other races. The race was unknown for 5,368 offenders. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 3.)

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...anded-homicide

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-3.xls

Old 01-16-2019, 05:07 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
My mistake. It was the other false race card player that made that idiotic statement. Not to be confused with YOUR idiotic statements.

Like the one where the poster corrected you as far as percentage wise, which race commits sex crimes at a higher rate. Granted it's about having 2 parents vs 1 but you won't care about that fact either.
One can't quantify nor verify that rapist come primarily from single family home(s)... To try and do so is absurd....
Therefore, let's not assume conjecture to be a substitute for reality.... One can even read the media news and find that the reality of rapist is from a broad swatch of society, and if you took note, most of the women in the "metoo" movement are not predominantly black, and those who are speaking up were not predominantly sexually accosted by blacks...

And ... NO... We won't be "negating history" !!!!! When discussing the element of rapes or any other factors regarding society.... "Selective Amnesia" - "won't be the standard of any of these discussions. Nor will "Folklore + Confabulations" be allowed to "sanitize" the conversations.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 01-16-2019 at 05:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies