Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:32 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,052,024 times

Advertisements

WOW

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status...33149661536258

Old 01-08-2019, 08:32 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,422,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Yes, and Democrats will be blamed when the Terrorists walk right into our country from the southern border. 1 terrorist is one too many and is enough to do damage.
They don't walk in now and never have. Ever. Not 1.,
Except for the attempted Canada crossing surrounding post 9/11.

Democrats are being blamed for a make believe crisis.

The only people in danger at the border are the women and children being gassed by Trump tear gas.

We have not seen hide nor hair of illegals in this town in 10 years. Used to crowd every corner petrol station and every home improvement center. No where . Any longer. No crisis.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:33 PM

25,409 posts, read 9,712,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
OMG! Pelosi and Schumer are bots!

NOTHING Trump said was unfactual. They are so disconnected and have no message, just a meme.
There were lots of non-facts in his speech.

1,251 posts, read 1,072,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
If they wish to, they are free to.

I respect Employment At Will. I respect the right of a potential POTUS veto, a Senate rejection of a House Bill, a House rejection of a Senate bill.

If I were as hung up on it as you, I would want a House CR with substantial wall funding in it, but less than 5 billion. A compromise around the middle would likely be acceptable to all.
I want border security, too! There is NO reason not to fund all other departments and let them battle out the border issues and DHS! NO reason.
And yes, I care because I have friends and family furloughed and it STINKS to know that you are being used! It stinks to know that this will impact training, classes, certifications, and inspections for months down the road.
I guess it will take something bad happening for this to be solved. Until then, you go ahead and wallow in the obvious sick pleasure you get from watching innocent, hard-working people pace the floor at night.

25,601 posts, read 56,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Were you and yours concerned about who was going to pay for the wall back in 2006 when the actual wall bill passed? It was to be soley funded by the taxpayer. Schumer and Obamas both signed that bill!
That was THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. You've already been told it was later determined the country didn't have the money for this wall.

That lack of funds is ONLY WORSE TODAY because of the tax-giveaway that is BALLOONING
THE DEFICIT - and seriously undermining our fiscal stability.

The shutdown only adds to this. Further, many of the lowest-paid working for the govt are no longer going to work because, without pay, THEY CAN'T AFFORD the transportation costs. This includes contractors working for the TSA. These people truly do live paycheck to paycheck. The airports are beginning to feel the effects of the shutdown.

There's a price to be paid for wealth transfer to the rich - one of which is now the lowest-paid working for the govt can't afford to get to work. GOP policies, overall, are ruining this country.

The boondoggle of a wall, which will result in numerous expensive delays and lawsuits because of imminent domain, is an unintelligent approach to further securing our border.

But smarts are no longer in the GOP vernacular - only ideology and scare tactics - and stupid, ill-considered campaign promises.

Speaking of which, WHERE ARE THE PESOS?? His campaign promise - over and over and over - was Mexico will pay for it? Has Mexico coughed up any pesos to date?

Old 01-08-2019, 08:34 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,422,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There was a compromise and agreement between Congress and Trump a few weeks ago. Then he walked away.
The first he walked away from.was in 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
Dems applaud the rape and murder of women and children if it means they might win more elections
Please post data on your assertion.

7,685 posts, read 6,166,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, they're losing so badly that they lost the House in the mid-terms. The Dems want border security too.

If Hillary were president. (Heaven forbid)

Old 01-08-2019, 08:35 PM

33,817 posts, read 16,836,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
I want border security, too! There is NO reason not to fund all other departments and let them battle out the border issues and DHS! NO reason.
Funding border security should be done in a CR. One bill can solve both needs.

Until then, I am content with the shutdown continuing.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Days after this started, both sides said another deal can be reached. Its most likely gonna take 2-3 bill for more barriers, fencing, walls, whatever.

Until then, I am content with the shutdown continuing.
Dems are wanting border security as well. I think they should quit holding workers hostage, open the government, and continue their policy talks. Evidently, you're paycheck isn't affected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies