Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 10:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
When we have a constant liar for a president, yes, it's possible to the constant liar.

the media lies and you repeat it....tell me how they come up with that 90% of all the drugs that come out of Mexico comes through legal points of entry?...that report is a lie.

so the drug cartels send the DEA and border patrol their shipment manifesto and the route they are using?

Old 01-08-2019, 10:46 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Do u live in a town with tons of illegal aliens? I bet not. You probably live in a nice upper class neighborhood with zero illegals. I don't care how many degrees Rachel maddow has. if she wants to be a part of the effort to turn America into a third world Central American country the heck with her.
How do you know who’s legal or illegal

Old 01-08-2019, 10:48 PM

24,619 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Full transcripts of Trump, Pelosi, and Schumer:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...l-text-1088710

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...I7vDLLK5CKOBM/

Trump had 2 years to fund and build the wall. Why is it suddenly an emergency now if it wasnt an emergency last year?
It was always an emergency, this is why he campaigned on it and won presidency. He was the only smart one with a new solution. Everyone else was too scared to mention a wall.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:51 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is not a national emergency. Not much has really changed at the border since Trump took office. The only crisis that has happened was the separation and detention of children that the Trump administration itself created.

Where were these pleas for billions for a wall in the first two years of the Trump presidency? Didn't Trump promise hundreds of times that it would cost Americans zero as Mexico was going to pay for it? It is so confusing when Trump and his enablers spew so many lies and tell us things that contradict other statements from them.
Exactly! There are so many families who are still separated because of the idiot in the White House! It’s really a sad situation when people are coming here seeking asylum from violence and drugs wanting a better life, only to have their kids taken away and may never see them again.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:54 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It was always an emergency, this is why he campaigned on it and won presidency. He was the only smart one with a new solution. Everyone else was too scared to mention a wall.
Then why didnt he build the wall 2 years ago?

Old 01-08-2019, 10:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the media lies and you repeat it....tell me how they come up with that 90% of all the drugs that come out of Mexico comes through legal points of entry?...that report is a lie.

so the drug cartels send the DEA and border patrol their shipment manifesto and the route they are using?
Deflection doesn't work. You don't deny that Individual 1 is a liar but you deflect and say the media is lying. The media isn't lying. Where do you think they would possibly get those stats from? Without going back to the specific outlets, I would say Border Patrol, DEA and other legal enforcement and confiscation of illegal drugs. Where do you get your facts that they are lying beside Individual 1?

Read the facts page 18-20
https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/fi...on.pdf#page=31

Old 01-08-2019, 11:02 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The only "emergency" is that Trump is scrambling to do something, anything, to keep his dwindling base intact. He got his butt handed to him in the mid terms, Mueller is lapping at his heels, and about 17 other investigations are heating up. If he can't do this one thing that was the cornerstone of his candidacy, and fails to get the funding for the promised wall, even his most ardent followers will begin to sour on him.

He knows that if the wall goes away, he goes away. It is his last ditch effort to save himself.
Until tonight I thought Trump figured that he is already a goner/that Mueller has already got him, so why not go scorched earth and indulge what he (Trump) wants.

However, after listening to what Maggie Haberman said tonight about the thinking of some within the White House, I think that he (Trump) still cares about keeping as much of his base intact as possible.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:08 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It's not an emergency. The only emergency is Individual 1's failed treasonous presidency. If there was a serious emergency, governors in border states would be all over the media, they are not.
He has nothing else to say, needs to keep his base for starters. I thought Mexico was paying...

Old 01-08-2019, 11:09 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Full transcripts of Trump, Pelosi, and Schumer:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...l-text-1088710

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...I7vDLLK5CKOBM/

Trump had 2 years to fund and build the wall. Why is it suddenly an emergency now if it wasnt an emergency last year?
why was it an emergency for Obama to shutdown the government just to get the ACA funded??

Old 01-08-2019, 11:11 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Until tonight I thought Trump figured that he is already a goner/that Mueller has already got him, so why not go scorched earth and indulge what he (Trump) wants.

However, after listening to what Maggie Haberman said tonight about the thinking of some within the White House, I think that he (Trump) still cares about keeping as much of his base intact as possible.

Some of the news people tonight brought up a very interesting point. They said that lately, the focus has been on everything but Donald Trump. All the news has been about the new incoming Democrats, and how they are shaping the future. Because of that, Donald Trump has been not mentioned much, and his feelings are hurt. That is why he held that rose garden news conference, and then this one tonight, on all the stations.

He is an attention hog. He doesn't care if the coverage is positive or negative, just as long as his name is kept at the front. It makes sense, he still thinks he is on that little reality show, and he needs to get good ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies