Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 03:41 AM

24,627 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

Nothing was stolen, Hillary got her butt whooped in the electoral college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 04:12 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
I'm no expert, and I held my nose and voted for her. But I thought she ran a bad campaign and Comey's comments about the investigation did not help. But that's beside the point, as she lost in the electoral college. Either that was an accident, or, more likely, the Republicans ran a much smarter, and better targeted, campaign than the Democrats imagined. However, much of the information the Republicans used to target specific groups in specific areas came from Cambridge Analytica, who shared information with "The Russians".

All anyone can do is speculate about this.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:18 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Sure the Soviet helped. Us real Americans rarely stoop so low to let a swamp monster get into office. So my speculation is...the old saying: nothing to see here folks.

...let's look forward to 2020. The intermission presidents days are numbered. Not one person that works in military said they want this wall . Not one person in my area backs govt shutdown under trumps reasoning. So while military is forbidden to speak ill of their chief and commander (funny how military loses its right to have an opinion when they sign up) .
I will though give trump credit for one good deed. He did nominate and get Kavanaugh on the court. That is one time that I disagreed with the mob mentality and saw thru the charades....

Last edited by Nov3; 01-11-2019 at 04:28 AM..

Old 01-11-2019, 04:48 AM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
No the election wasn`t stolen. Had Hillary won you can be sure the Rep would be doing all they could to make her 4 years as unpleasant as possible.

Yes, Hillary was a poor candidate but she would have beaten anyone else the Reps nominated. Trump tossed out the rule book and won.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:56 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
No the election wasn`t stolen. Had Hillary won you can be sure the Rep would be doing all they could to make her 4 years as unpleasant as possible.

Yes, Hillary was a poor candidate but she would have beaten anyone else the Reps nominated. Trump tossed out the rule book and won.
totally agree and feel it's as simple as that....really don't believe the Russians had a darn thing to do with it....especially when I see all the propaganda in social media...

Old 01-11-2019, 08:47 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I'm no expert, and I held my nose and voted for her. But I thought she ran a bad campaign and Comey's comments about the investigation did not help. But that's beside the point, as she lost in the electoral college. Either that was an accident, or, more likely, the Republicans ran a much smarter, and better targeted, campaign than the Democrats imagined. However, much of the information the Republicans used to target specific groups in specific areas came from Cambridge Analytica, who shared information with "The Russians".

All anyone can do is speculate about this.

Hillary took her election for granted. She underestimated the anger in the Mid-West, and she didn't campaign there. Arrogance and incompetence it was, plain and simple.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Hillary took her election for granted. She underestimated the anger in the Mid-West, and she didn't campaign there. Arrogance and incompetence it was, plain and simple.
There wasn't just anger in the Mid-west.....believe me, a lot of people were angry and came out to vote b/c of it...she lost, for no other reason then the voters wanted change....

Old 01-12-2019, 07:22 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you may be right, but I am def not sold on Trump....he isn't doing what is right, and I'm sick of him patting himself on the back....however, he has done some good things but just not enough....any president can write executive orders....and with his expertise in money, he surely isn't doing anything for the debt....but he has given his followers some tidbits....

I'm waiting to see how we all fair with our income tax returns, now that he took away so many important deductibles, that really made me angry.
As a 1099 contractor, I've had to pay taxes each year for the past 15 years, not gonna change much this year either.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:25 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Was the Presidency really stolen from Hillary by Trump and the Russians or is there something else going on here?

Stolen or not is irrelevant if evidence proves Americans acting in concert with Russians attempted to do so.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Was the Presidency really stolen from Hillary by Trump and the Russians or is there something else going on here?

Stolen or not is irrelevant if evidence proves Americans acting in concert with Russians attempted to do so.
I believe strongly if there was any evidence, they would have found it by now....time will tell, but personally this is the same thing they did to Obama, Hillary, Bush, and nothing was ever done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies