Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In lieu of the border wall, would you be satisfied with ending birthright citizenship and improving/
Yes I would be satisfied with this compromise. 38 44.19%
No, we need the wall in addition to ending birthright citizenship and enforcing e-Verify. 48 55.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 02:41 PM

62,695 posts, read 28,894,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Many Republicans did not support it.

They are the ones who presented the e-verify bill though and Trump has it in his 2019 budget.

https://amac.us/dems-block-gop-bills...al-immigrants/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
That's your prerogative. I choose otherwise.

Why would an adult choose to act like a 5 year old.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
If he can't get his party to support him, he is not a great negotiator.

Has nothing to do with negotiating. Many Republicans didn't even want him to win the GOP nomination and were really upset when he won the presidency and still are. The Democrats for sure hate him.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:52 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,236,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why would an adult choose to act like a 5 year old.
Have you ever been to Mardi Gras? When WOULDN'T and adult choose to act like a five year old? No school, no responsibilities, no burdens of work, bills or reality. Certainly no concerns about the doddering sentient corn snack at 1600 Pennsylvania.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:19 PM

23,810 posts, read 14,944,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
oh, cool. so he doesn't have 10 years with CBP?

that's all I need to know
So, the only people who know anything about the Texas border and those hired to guard it work for the CBP?

What happens when the CBP agents have different opinions or POV?

Or are you the only person who knows anything?

Old 01-09-2019, 03:20 PM

10,145 posts, read 15,832,258 times
But liberals truly want no e-verify, no border wall, amncesty for DACA AND continued birthright citizenship and chain migration.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:42 PM

14,139 posts, read 4,525,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
So, the only people who know anything about the Texas border and those hired to guard it work for the CBP?

What happens when the CBP agents have different opinions or POV?

Or are you the only person who knows anything?

Quote:
One thing the feds could do today to get the Border Patrol employee numbers where they should be is stop transferring them and making them pay for their own move.
this (false) statement of your is an "opinion"?

I never claimed to know everything, but I'm pretty sure I know more than someone who doesn't work for CBP.

opinion vs fact

opinion: federal law enforcement agencies are cool
fact: federal law enforcement is a government agency

Old 01-09-2019, 03:49 PM

23,810 posts, read 14,944,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
this statement of your is an "opinion"?

I never claimed to know everything, but I'm pretty sure I know more than someone who doesn't work for CBP.

opinion vs fact

opinion: federal law enforcement agencies are cool
fact: federal law enforcement is a government agency
I heard the Congressman say those words today on Morning Joe. That they had to pay for their own moving when transferred. He did not specify whether it was the CBP or the agent requesting the transfer.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:00 PM

14,139 posts, read 4,525,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I heard the Congressman say those words today on Morning Joe. That they had to pay for their own moving when transferred. He did not specify whether it was the CBP or the agent requesting the transfer.
depends on the "transfer"

if it's hardship transfer, or relocation transfer, etc. then you pay for the moving expenses because you ask for the transfer. For example, you want to move from California to New York because you want to be near your internet -girlfriend in NY, then you pay for the moving expenses.

if it's TDY or reassignment "transfer", then the government pays for your moving expenses. For example, the government wants you to work at Preclearance port in Ireland for 5 years, then they will pay for all the moving expenses.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I'm sure there are many of you that believe as you say. The reality is your leadership in congress do not believe as you say.
Perhaps you need to listen to them talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies