Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In lieu of the border wall, would you be satisfied with ending birthright citizenship and improving/
Yes I would be satisfied with this compromise. 38 44.19%
No, we need the wall in addition to ending birthright citizenship and enforcing e-Verify. 48 55.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 06:25 PM

672 posts, read 256,079 times

Advertisements

BS Poll.

You're not going to end birthright citizenship. E-Verify is a reasonable requirement.

Ten more years and most of the bigots that whine like little babies about immigration will be dead and we can move on as a nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 08:11 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
But trump promised Mexico would pay for the wall.....Could this be another of Trumps lies?
"Polly wanna cracker"? Squawk, squawk.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You realize that previous SCOTUS decision become part of the law in our legal system, yes?

I don't think you're going to get SCOTUS to rule on illegal immigrants specifically, but I could be wrong.

Besides the OP didn't say "end birthright citizenship for illegal immigrants", it said "end birthright citizenship", full stop.

It's plain to most everyone that since this is about a border wall and e-verify which only about illegal aliens that he was talking about removing birthright citizenship for the same, not legal immigrants, duh.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Have you ever been to Mardi Gras? When WOULDN'T and adult choose to act like a five year old? No school, no responsibilities, no burdens of work, bills or reality. Certainly no concerns about the doddering sentient corn snack at 1600 Pennsylvania.

You're comparing apples to oranges and you know it. Stop playing games. This is about attacking people personally instead of debating like an adult.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:13 AM

33,327 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What do they do with all that weed them smuggle to the US? Feed it to the goats?
LOL.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:16 AM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
I want all 3. There's no reason we shouldn't have all 3 since they deal with different situations.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:21 AM

58,994 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There has never been a case where the SCOTUS ruled on the birthright citizenship of babies born from illegal aliens. It's merely been by PC policy that has deemed them so. The Constitution and wording of the 14th Amendment has been misinterpreted for far too long now. This needs to be brought before the SCOTUS to rule on once and for all on this issue based on the actual wording and intent of the writers of the 14th Amendment and that would end birthright citizenship for children born from illegal alien parents once and for all. No new Amendment is necessary.

BINGO, we have winner. Well said.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
No, no we can't.

Can I do my conservative whataboutism now? He's the one who's calling elected officials Pocahontas, and his peers Little Marco, etc. etc. Can I point out the threads where it's Obummer, or Barry, or whatever for he last eight years for Obama? We won't even start on Hillary. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

So, it NOT OK for others to do t but, IS OK for YOU to do it. Got it!

Old 01-10-2019, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Healthcare is more important to the American people. And he failed on that. I wonder why he didn't shut the gov't down over that?

MOST people have some sort of health care.
Or are you one of those that believe a country as great as ours can only do 1 thing at a time?

Old 01-10-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Another poll which isn't real world......

E-Verify can be done by states like Texas and Florida tomorrow and the result would be many times that of any wall. So this is very real.

Constitutional Amendments are difficult and rare - so these questions become conceptual only....

Let me say it this way. This "liberal" would support 10 billion a year in additional border security (of all types) if Texas and Florida both implemented E-Verify and put serious enforcement penalties and resources toward it.

But it won't happen - because it's too easy. The ONLY reason for all this border and wall talk is to rile up and instill fear in a certain type of American. If that wasn't the case, then TX, FL, GA (together they represent about two MILLION illegals) would do this tomorrow. But they won't.

Think about it. Imagine two million with the stroke of a pen. Then compare that with virtually zero with small sections of steel slat that will likely never be built out.

Which would a logical and efficient person choose?

As far as birthright citizenship, we might be able to tweak around the edges. We'd have to get the Congress working on it and perhaps present a test case or two to the SCOTUS.

Russians will be VERY unhappy about this, but they probably have enough spies and oligarchs already populating (they are dropping babies by the thousands in "birth tourism" in Florida) that they will be able to infiltrate quite well.

I agree with your position on E Verify but, "The ONLY reason for all this border and wall talk is to rile up and instill fear in a certain type of American." is YOUR opinion which I strongly DISAGREE with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies