Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times

Advertisements

How are the American people supposed to trust and believe in Donald Trump's Oval Office address last night, when Donny himself admitted he didn't want to give the damn speech?!

https://twitter.com/DarlingtonMicah/...72924729012224

Old 01-09-2019, 09:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
I'm a little skeptical about this information but you know what......if it is true......how tone deaf is his communications staff.

I've kind of blamed Trump for the inability to stay on message, convey the proper message, etc.....but it is obvious this crew is incompetent and not doing Trump any good.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:57 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm a little skeptical about this information but you know what......if it is true......how tone deaf is his communications staff.

I've kind of blamed Trump for the inability to stay on message, convey the proper message, etc.....but it is obvious this crew is incompetent and not doing Trump any good.
I'm inclined to believe it, and here's why: I don't enjoy his usual speaking style, but last night he actually seemed bored - totally disengaged - and I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:

Well he is on the 4th or 5th stringers now. Anyone with any talent is avoiding this administration like the plague.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:03 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm inclined to believe it, and here's why: I don't enjoy his usual speaking style, but last night he actually seemed bored - totally disengaged - and I don't recall ever seeing that before.
Agreed. His tone of voice, body language, facial expressions. Nowhere near the usual "oomph" Trump has when he's excited to talk about something. He seemed totally disengaged.

If he didn't want to do the speech that badly, couldn't he have told KellyAnne and Sarah Sanders "no?" I don't get it.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:08 AM

463 posts, read 189,059 times
Remember - if Trump does something on his own, he's a dictator - if Trump does something based on counsel, he's a puppet and an idiot with no clue what he's doing

Old 01-09-2019, 10:11 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Agreed. His tone of voice, body language, facial expressions. Nowhere near the usual "oomph" Trump has when he's excited to talk about something. He seemed totally disengaged.

If he didn't want to do the speech that badly, couldn't he have told KellyAnne and Sarah Sanders "no?" I don't get it.
Because he's a huge chickensh!t...he has no courage of his convictions... Since we learned that "The Wall"
was only a mnenomic device and was never even really intended to be a thing, much less a HUGE plank in his platform, none of this makes any sense to even discuss.

It's all amounted to NOTHING - this is a drop-the-mic moment. I mean the whole mnemonic-device revelation gets rid of Trump's last bit of sincerity - why would I believe anything else he says? And to hang government shutdown on it is despicable....it's all been a huge charade, and doesn't seem to be ending even now.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:13 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:

TRUMP hired them! Trump continues to listen to them! In the end it is still all on TRUMP!

Old 01-09-2019, 10:13 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Remember - if Trump does something on his own, he's a dictator - if Trump does something based on counsel, he's a puppet and an idiot with no clue what he's doing
Given his history of man crushing on dictators, his bizarrely limited grasp of history, and his frequent 180s on important topics, your comment seems an accurate summation.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Nonsense; he has never had a problem declaring his minions are stupid enough to vote for him if he shot someone on 5th Ave. Never had a problem declaring he can grab women by their kittens. Nary a problem telling everyone he's the smartest guy on the planet. Doesn't have a problem accusing well over half the citizenry he's supposed to be representing they don't shive-a-git for America's security, but yet he hasn't got the cojones to tell his underlings (he has also demonstrated on may occasions and very publicly, having no problem throwing them under the number 5 bus to Podunk fly-over country) that he doesn't think it's a good idea to make this nothing burger speech?

That just says he places more faith in the relevance of Hannity and Dobb's opinion than his own monstrous ego belief in his bigly brain .

Something else is missing here. He seems to be floundering even more than usual but now it appears as being distracted for reasons other than simply his usual stupid style of incoherent ramblings all over the complete spectrum of irrelevant topics.

We're not seeing the real Donny here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies