Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should POTUS declare a state of emergency for the border wall?
Yes 96 34.78%
No 180 65.22%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:12 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
This border wall hysteria is being generated by Trump to distract from the recent Manafort news.
Nearly everything this guy does is a calculated distraction or to change the subject. Hes a pure con man

You remind me that I heard some talking head say today (I do not recall whom): Most Presidents seek to calm a frightened public. President Trump is seeking to frighten a calm public.

I thought it a good statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 06:33 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
You would have to be a special kind of stupid to believe that a physical barrier will make one ounce of difference. The point has been made that the methods used by smugglers - tunnels and drones - aren't affected by a wall. Not everyone who comes into this country illegally crosses the Rio Grande or the Arizona desert.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:18 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
You would have to be a special kind of stupid to believe that a physical barrier will make one ounce of difference. The point has been made that the methods used by smugglers - tunnels and drones - aren't affected by a wall. Not everyone who comes into this country illegally crosses the Rio Grande or the Arizona desert.

You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to ignore the links and facts that the good walls are very effective in reducing illegal entry. They have made a whole lot more difference than one ounce. The good walls haven't been tunneled under or scaled over successfully. They certainly are a huge deterrant to those coming here to rape our country economically by taking jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. Remain in denial if you wish.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Wow, You really are a far-right conspiracy wacko!

The majority of people coming here are from El Salvador and Guatemala. Do you understand anything?

Wacko? Personal attacks aren't allow in here. The majority until recently have been Mexicans and yes Mexico did encourage it. What does it matter what country an illegal comes from? They are still illegal and have no right to be here. Do you understand THAT?

Old 01-10-2019, 08:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
Quote:
The Democrats are just looking to flip States by allowing in 100' s of thousands of illegal immigrants into our country. Democrats are hell-bent on turning America into a third world country.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
The Democrats are just looking to flip States by allowing in 100' s of thousands of illegal immigrants into our country. Democrats are hell-bent on turning America into a third world country.
We should take seriously the word of someone that doesn't understand things any better than this?

Old 01-10-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
They were willing to give him money for border security, though.

So, the theory that Democrats don't want secure borders is a lie. They do. Trump apparently does not because it's wall or no wall with him.

They refuse to fund his vanity wall because it's not a feasible, realistic project AND it's a huge waste of money.
But that was only a mere pittance of what Trump requested. His vanity wall? It's not his wall it's the wall that was passed back in 2006 but was never built the way they promised. These types of walls have proven to work. Did you tell congress that it was a hug waste of money back in 2006? Thought not! How is it a waste of money when illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year vs a $25 billion wall?

Old 01-10-2019, 08:38 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
I think so, this shutdown is getting pretty boring!

Old 01-10-2019, 08:42 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
Quote:
Maybe you should tell these guys since you know so much more about the situation:
I just read an interview with Mark Morgan. He's the former Head of the Border Patrol under Barack Obama. He was then replaced by the Trump Administration. He says that anybody saying that the border crisis is manufactured “is misinformed, and they're misleading their American people. So before I was even Chief of the Border Patrol, I served in the FBI for two decades. One of my assignments is I led the El Paso office. From my office, right on the border, I could see Juarez, every single day. We worked with the DEA and all components of DHS, and we worked human trafficking cases, we worked drug cases, and we worked gang cases, all impacting the Southern border. And then as Chief, every single day, I was briefed, every single day about the men and women who are risking their lives every day, and they're apprehending murderers, rapists, pedophiles, other violent offenders, and gang members. That's not manufactured. That is real. And that's a fact and it's still happening today.”

“And I would also say one last point. 127 Border Patrol agents have died. They didn't die playing Monopoly. They died defending, being the frontline defenders of our borders, trying to apprehend those 17,000 people, those bad people that Secretary Nielsen mentioned. I wonder if you ask their families if this is a manufactured crisis.”

He said, “The President is talking to the leadership of CBP and the Board Patrol and the rank-and-file, and those are the experts. And they're saying the wall works. It doesn't work everywhere. It's not the end all to be all. But it works. Saying that drugs don’t come across the border is a complete disingenuous statement. So, you want to say because more drugs enter the points of entry, therefore, it's not a problem in between the port? That's just fictitious. It is correct that more drugs enter through the points of entry. But millions and millions of pounds of drugs still enter through the points of entry. They say no one comes illegally over an unsecured border. They're just people who overstayed their visas. Do illegals come over the border unapprehended. Yes, absolutely. But thats incredulous. I can't believe that someone could actually state that. Again, there's factual historical data that just says that's absolutely absurd. That's false.”

The Sheriff in Yuma, Arizona just published an article today where he talked about in 2005, when they started putting the fence, the wall up in his area, violent crime, all crime drastically reduced in his area.

Hector Garza, VP of the National Border Patrol Council was on TV the other day talking about how much it would help the Border Patrol do their job if there was a wall! He’s been on the Border Patrol for 18 years. He said that people that have never seen the situation up close but that are against a wall simply don’t know what they’re talking about! Active Border Patrol agents are better qualified to offer an opinion than Schumer and Pelosi!

Around here they’re putting 7-8 foot tall fences and walls around schools to make them more secure! Funny that they work there and for other countries but some geniuses here don’t think they’re effective!

Old 01-10-2019, 08:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Around here they’re putting 7-8 foot tall fences and walls around schools to make them more secure! Funny that they work there and for other countries but some geniuses here don’t think they’re effective!
What important word in your paragraph is missing from any wall that would be built?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies