Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times

Advertisements

Not much "manly" about the Orange one....refuses to exercise, cry or say he was wrong or sorry. Doesn't believe in taking the kids to the Park...even.

Can you imagine having a dad that never did anything with you? I can't...

Maybe that is the old definition....someone who peels 100's off a billfold???

I think we can all agree on one thing. The "most interesting man in the world" qualifies. Am I right?

An interesting aside if that many "Real American Men" might look at many Brits and consider them less than rugged and/or not full of those raging Male Hormones. Yet those "Daisys" have proven themselves time and time again to be not only fearless but some of the best fighters (that's manly, right?) in the world.

Can't judge a book by its bragging. Even Americans in the Pacific and Vietnam found out very quickly that their short, skinny and "dumb" adversaries were anything but. Found out again in the Middle East, but I guess those are manly men since they keep their wives covered up and locked up....

The long story short - we live in a knowledge based economy and world. Other than in the Movies and very very limited situations, the "manly man" of old is not the current archetype.

Speaking of such - this is actually a good web site if men want to learn how to be men.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/

Old 01-09-2019, 09:13 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Seeing Larry David make out with ANYONE is disturbing.
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:45 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm wondering how many of the people scoffing at this story actually read it. Men are great. I love men. I love them enough to want them to understand that there's nothing shameful about not being made of steel 24/7. When a man is so indoctrinated in traditional "standards" of masculinity that he doesn't feel free to cry, even over the death of a loved one, hug another man, even his father or brother, or ever admit to feeling pain or needing support and encouragement, that is not good for anyone, least of all the man himself.

No worries. I'll kill the spider for you. Unless it's a really cool spider, like a tarantula. Then I might keep it.

One of the tenants of what is commonly referred to as feminism is that boys and girls are more or less the same until they are each taught to think and behave in ways that conform to traditional gender roles.

This is horse ****.

Men evolved, and are hard-wired, to protect and care for women, even if means that their own safety and well-being could be sacrificed.

Nature plays by her own rules and strictly enforces those rules.

She doesn't care if we are happy or approve of her demands, as long as we make more of ourselves.

Men that were fine with bad things happening to women were eliminated from the gene pool.

That's why it is natural for men to feel obligated to protect and care for women.

That is why it is also natural for men feel guilty for failing to do so.

Women are also hard-wired to desire and expect this altruistic behavior from men.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:13 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don’t. All those that think that way can kiss my rosy red butt.

Got a case of the red ass? I got something for you. Been there. No fun. Hope this helps.

Original Anti Monkey Butt Powder

Old 01-10-2019, 12:14 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
One of the tenants of what is commonly referred to as feminism is that boys and girls are more or less the same until they are each taught to think and behave in ways that conform to traditional gender roles.

This is horse ****.

Men evolved, and are hard-wired, to protect and care for women, even if means that their own safety and well-being could be sacrificed.

Nature plays by her own rules and strictly enforces those rules.

She doesn't care if we are happy or approve of her demands, as long as we make more of ourselves.

Men that were fine with bad things happening to women were eliminated from the gene pool.

That's why it is natural for men to feel obligated to protect and care for women.

That is why it is also natural for men feel guilty for failing to do so.

Women are also hard-wired to desire and expect this altruistic behavior from men.
None of which has anything to do with my post.

In any case, it's not always true, and furthermore, I think most people are "hard-wired" to protect others from harm, should the need arise. Feeling obligated to care for and protect others isn't a matter of gender, it's a matter of character.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:04 AM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...sogyny-n956416

Masculinity is a problem until there is a natural disaster, fire, flood, heavy furniture to be moved and a spider in the bathroom.
Agreed.

And even one prominent (liberal) lesbian agrees with that assessment. See comments at 14:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOu3PJNWpaU

Old 01-10-2019, 04:56 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:

In any case, it's not always true, and furthermore, I think most people are "hard-wired" to protect others from harm, should the need arise. Feeling obligated to care for and protect others isn't a matter of gender, it's a matter of character.

Agreed.

It's not always true.

Nature has no way of knowing what sort of world we will live in, so she likes to throw in some minor last-minute variations, just in case they are needed to prevent extinction.

Because of this, some men will be cowards that abandon the women they ought to protect when they are threatened and some women will place themselves in harm's way to protect a man, but it won't happen often and when it does it will result in a low birth rate.

Nature's experiment in passive, self-preserving males will have failed by the only measure that makes any difference, the local fertility rate.

Women rescued by men make babies.

Men rescued by women don't make babies.

If someone has to die, nature demands that the someone be male.

This evolved anti-male orientation has been with us a very long time and isn't going anywhere just because it contradicts the feminist' male-privilege mantra.

The fact is that feminism owes its existence to ages-old female privilege.

Feminism is simply an expression of the natural tendency of both males and females to give preference to females.

Think of it an as a provisional adaptation to a radically changed modern world in which half of the male population hasn't been killed off by encounters with top predators or other humans.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:25 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Another liberal manufactured crises designed to increase self-loathing among men to hand over power to those who can't get it any other way but handed to them. Political theory with nothing to do with science. Gender stereotyping is unacceptable and should be rejected.
It was addressed in the Equal Rights Amendment. As we have seen democrats increasingly don't believe in equal rights. They want equal outcomes and are willing to destroy anyone that gets in the way of their goal.

https://www.equalrightsamendment.org/
The Equal Rights Amendment is a constitutional amendment that will guarantee legal gender equality for women and men.

Last edited by phma; 01-10-2019 at 05:42 AM..

Old 01-10-2019, 05:32 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So basically "caveman" stuff?

It's worked for over 100,000 years so don't knock it.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:47 AM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
Quote:

Perhaps, but there is a difference between wanting to protect someone from harm and actually doing it. If you go through many examples of crisis situations, who usually puts themselves in harm's way to protect strangers or non-familial others versus who usually does not?

I doubt anyone disputes that there is some inherent drive to protect our own progeny. The more interesting and telling question involves people for whom we don't have that biological connection. This may very well be driven by socialization. Is it a bad thing if men tend to push women aside in such situations and spare them from harm? Would we be better served if women stepped in more often? Are there evolutionary explanations for such behavior?

As for the article, it's exceedingly difficult for me to take any work seriously that is littered with political word salad, like "hegemonic masculinity" and "microaggressions" and "heterosexism" and "gendered social learning." This is nothing more than gender theory masquerading as science and gender theorists are the most anti-scientific folks I've encountered. They generally despise science, at least as it relates to human beings, because it pokes all sorts of holes in their belief system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies