Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2019, 08:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
4000 homicides last year...

Victims of illegal aliens...

Josie Bluhm, Martin Kudlis, Breanna Schneller, officer Henry Canales officer Shane Figueroa, Hunter javens, Jesse javens, Emily Olson Reed Stephen Pierce Corcoran, Sarah root, Kaybrin Osborne, Halle young, officer Kevin Will, Modena Lynn Dollison, officer Ronil Singh, John zupan Khristopher William Eggle Peter hacking Grayson hacking Ellie Jean Bryant shayley Estes Josh Hampton Steven Ray Marler Junior Sabrina starr Charles Byrdic, officer Adam jobbers Miller Alexander Mazin Edwin Jackson Jeffrey monroe madison Wells Matthew Denice, Brittany Williams Naomi Mercury Karina Pulic, Robin Shellhammer Barbara Shellhammer Whitney Meinke Kate Steinle, Grant Ronnebeck, Deputy Danny Oliver detective Michael Davis jr. Daniel Golden, William Dennis McCann, Joshua Wilkerson Sergeant Brandon Mendoza jamiel Shaw Jr Dominic Durden Drew Rosenberg...

Since last year...

30,000 for sex crimes
100,000 for assault
More than 800 gang members , a 50% increase over 2017
122% increase in fentanyl since last year
300 Americans are killed every week from H, 90% of which comes from southern border

Illegal migrants from Bangladesh coming up through Mexico, and who knows where else...

You are fake news. Did you want me to list stats for 2019? DUUUHH! Fiscal year stats going back into 2017! 2017FY, that better?
2017 crime rates are lower than those for 2016, which in turn were lower than those for 2015. Crime rates are falling - and have been for a number of years.
As I said, you are making stuff up. If not, list your source like I did for the 2017 stats.

Ken

Old 01-09-2019, 08:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I'm not convinced of this. Even without employment, life here is better than in many other countries.

We don't refuse medical care to anyone. There are many sources of free food. Kids are educated. It's safer.

And that's just a very short list of examples.
That's fantastic - given a 150+ year history of Mexicans WORKING in the USA....and, in fact, being almost indispensable to many industries. They are not about to come to sit around and bing watch Netflix. Maybe don't even want to live here but they have no choice since we refuse to do decent guest worker programs.

What you say may apply to refugees - but not to the rank and file that make up the millions.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:53 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Lol. Do you have a wall around your property? If not then by your words you are inviting thieves in.

Also my dog will have a lot to say if a thief tries to enter my home.

I dont consider a computer that valuable. $500 bucks? Wont break me.

Keep my important papers in a safe deposit box.

Never said a wall does not make sense in some circumstances. But a wall only slows down the person. Does not stop them.

What matters is the most cost effective solutions. Yet we have yet been preszented with a cost analysis by the DHS.

As far as Canada I am using your theory that apprehensions do not equate to crossings. If is a fact that we have illegal canadian crossings. It is a fact they use coyotes just like on the southern border. So we could theoretically have a horde coming from Canada. Your only basis to refute that would be reporting by MSM which I am sure you do not believe.
Per the bolded --- OMG...it's not how much the computer is worth, it's what you have on your hard drive. It's clear that you don't know much about personal computers. SMH

A safe deposit box in a bank? Or a safe in your own home?

Do you lock up any bill statements? You know, like the ones that have your CC account number on them.

Ranchers who live along the border have had their dogs killed by illegals trespassing on their property. While I don't wish that on your dog, your dog isn't invulnerable.

No one is denying that there are illegal crossings on the northern border. Do you know of any caravans of Canadians amounting in the thousands who have crossed into the US?

People do cross illegally into Canada from the US, too. Like the US, Canada doesn't feel it is bad enough to build a wall. No one is stopping Canadians from building one.

Right now you are deflecting when it comes to the seriousness of our porous southern border. It's not like we're getting rocket scientists with PhDs who are sneaking in. It's mostly functionally illiterate low IQ peasants who will be a burden on our society. And not all of them are sneaking in to work. There are many who are drug mules, those who traffic minors and gang members. Many are OTMs who fly into Mexico City and hire coyotes. Many of these OTMs are from countries that are hostile to us and are coming here to do harm.

When I owned a house, I didn't have a "wall" around it (like Nancy Pelosi has on her property). Even when I was home, I had my doors locked. Unlike you, I'm not about to leave my property unprotected. Nor do I want to see our southern border unprotected.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:56 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- OMG...it's not how much the computer is worth, it's what you have on your hard drive. It's clear that you don't know much about personal computers. SMH

A safe deposit box in a bank? Or a safe in your own home?

Do you lock up any bill statements? You know, like the ones that have your CC account number on them.

Ranchers who live along the border have had their dogs killed by illegals trespassing on their property. While I don't wish that on your dog, your dog isn't invulnerable.

No one is denying that there are illegal crossings on the northern border. Do you know of any caravans of Canadians amounting in the thousands who have crossed into the US?

People do cross illegally into Canada from the US, too. Like the US, Canada doesn't feel it is bad enough to build a wall. No one is stopping Canadians from building one.

Right now you are deflecting when it comes to the seriousness of our porous southern border. It's not like we're getting rocket scientists with PhDs who are sneaking in. It's mostly functionally illiterate low IQ peasants who will be a burden on our society. And not all of them are sneaking in to work. There are many who are drug mules, those who traffic minors and gang members. Many are OTMs who fly into Mexico City and hire coyotes. Many of these OTMs are from countries that are hostile to us and are coming here to do harm.
Dude. Ever heard of the cloud. If you are not you are an idiot. I owned a software firm. I was a tech for 40 years. Now you are showing your a*s. I am done with you after that naive statement.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Arrests of those crossing the border illegally has fallen drastically since 2000. Yet if you listen to conservatives, Fox News, and all the other right wing media, you would think it just keeps getting worse.

But the facts are, illegal crossings have falling dramatically since 2000, with arrests on the southern border dropping over 50%. Over 1 million arrests were fairly normal from 2000-2006, but by 2009 had fallen below 500,000 and since then many years have had under 400,000 according to US Customs.
Illegally entering the U.S. is illegal period!

While yes, drugs do come through the check points, are you so naive to believe this is the only way they get drugs into the U.S. You also need to watch documentaries showing people carrying drugs on their backs and coming across the border.

Also... think about this.... When traveling from Central America to the U.S. through Mexico, immigrants are forced to battle drug cartels, corrupt police officers, and human traffickers, all before they even come close to the US border. And you thought the caravan (that liberal media claimed was so far away or didn't exist) was only so they could rush the border?

Old 01-09-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
You do realize Mexicans can enter Canada without a visa. Tell me you knew that.
What does that have to do with this topic? It's totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Dude. Ever heard of the cloud. If you are not you are an idiot. I owned a software firm. I was a tech for 40 years. Now you are showing your a*s. I am done with you after that naive statement.
I know about the "cloud", dude. Still, for someone who claims to be an expert, you know darn well that your PC is still vulnerable. The "cloud" is not invulnerable.

I'm glad to hear that you are done with me. Buh bye!

Old 01-09-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
What does that have to do with this topic? It's totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.
Because cost wise it would be approxiamately the same for a Mexican to fly into Canada and cross there. And if there is less security then also more chance for success. that should be obvious.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:03 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Arrests of those crossing the border illegally has fallen drastically since 2000. Yet if you listen to conservatives, Fox News, and all the other right wing media, you would think it just keeps getting worse.

But the facts are, illegal crossings have falling dramatically since 2000, with arrests on the southern border dropping over 50%. Over 1 million arrests were fairly normal from 2000-2006, but by 2009 had fallen below 500,000 and since then many years have had under 400,000 according to US Customs.

The DEA has stated that most of the drug flow coming into the country is coming through legal checkpoints hidden among legal items.

Several studies show that US citizens are far more likely to commit violent crimes than illegals. On top of that, violent crime in the US has gone down dramatically in the last 30 years, a 36% decrease from 1990 levels. Some might not think thats the case because traditional and social media outlets spread news of violent crime because it gets them a lot of attention.

So how bad is the situation at the border if:

-crossings are down 60%+ since 2000
-most drugs are coming through legal checkpoints
-violent crime is down substantially for the last 30 years and illegals are less likely to do it than citizens

Regardless of whether or not you support the wall, do you think the border is in chaos as Trump claims? Or do you think he is ratcheting up the rhetoric to try and build more support?
That’s because the new thing is to come here and claim asylum, even better with a kid in tow. I wish people would stop being dishonest about this.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I know about the "cloud", dude. Still, for someone who claims to be an expert, you know darn well that your PC is still vulnerable. The "cloud" is not invulnerable.

I'm glad to hear that you are done with me. Buh bye!
The cloud is way more secure than your personal PC ever will be. I deal with companies all the time that want to keep data in house and use their own IT. Three of them got nailed by thew ransom virus in the last year. If you think the average IT guy is better than Amazon or Microsoft security buys you are stupid.

I leave nothing of value on my laptop an clean it regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies