Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah, Im not letting a small dog or any dog for that matter bite me either. I dont know what shots they have or haven't had. I dont know if the dog had just gotten done chowing down on feces.
It is amazing that there was a day in america when postmen would deliver our mail to our doorsteps and never carry a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 10:16 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
A chihuahua bite can actually be quite bad, it's a long thin mouth with very sharp teeth. They can take a deep chunk out of you and that's no joke.
If you're a grown ass man afraid of a purse-stuffer and/or unable to physically defend yourself against one, then you should not leave the house much less be a police officer.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Wow such a bold statement. Me I love dogs. Labs are my breed of choice. Love them. That said I have seen nasty Beagles, poodles, Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, and others. I dont expect anyone to allow themselves to be bitten. I dont know if that dog has had its shots or not. I honestly have no desire to go through the rabies treatment either.

Police come to your home control your animal. After watching the video the owner did not have his dogs under control and the dog in question habitually runs off the property...

This is a case of bad dog owner. The cop over reacted, but none of it would have happened if the owner had been a responsible owner. Dogs need us to teach them right from wrong.
Of course no one should allow themselves to be bitten. But holy tacos, it's a damn chihuahua. You can "defend yourself" against one by simply giving it a tiny scooch with your foot.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:22 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
They shoot unarmed humans everyday and get away with it; shooting a 9-pound dog is wrong but not high priority for my personal outrage list.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Id a 4 year old charged an officer an went to bite his leg should the officer shoot the toddler? I mean the toddler is definitely more dangerous than a 9 pound toy dog.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:46 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If you're a grown ass man afraid of a purse-stuffer and/or unable to physically defend yourself against one, then you should not leave the house much less be a police officer.

As I noted I have no concerns about defending myself against a chihuahua and would exercise that option if the need arose. It's going to get punted like a football and since I typically wear at least light boots it will likely be dead before it hits the ground.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
As I noted I have no concerns about defending myself against a chihuahua and would exercise that option if the need arose. It's going to get punted like a football and since I typically wear at least light boots it will likely be dead before it hits the ground.
Well I am supremely confident i could subdue a nine pound dog without killing it. And I have had to do that. Its sad you course of action is death.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:03 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Did anyone watch the video????

The dog was only barking at the cop. It's in the link within this report from a Detroit media outlet.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ting-chihuahua

Clearly the officer was ticked off that the home owner didn't want to come out to where he was so he was going to shoot his way through the dogs to get to his porch.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Did anyone watch the video????

The dog was only barking at the cop. It's in the link within this report from a Detroit media outlet.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ting-chihuahua
Yes I watched it. And yes the dog was just yapping. Either way if you have to shoot the dog you are a punk.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:07 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yes I watched it. And yes the dog was just yapping. Either way if you have to shoot the dog you are a punk.
I'm just astonished that so many people here are defending the cop. He was first suspended but almost immediately fired after that.

How could anyone watch that video and think anything in it was justified?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies