Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 01:18 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Only Demwits ask stupid questions like this because they've never bothered trying to get to know Trump. It's all in the Art of the Deal autobiographical books.
Trump didn't write The Art of the Deal. A ghostwriter did.

Quote:
Deplorables instinctively know why he does what he does and have confidence in him.
I have to give you an A for originality on that one .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 01:23 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
Five key traits associated with trump supporters.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
My impression is that he wasn't making up his strategy of what states to campaign in. It was his campaign staff. He may have started running for the adulation, the strokes, the crowds, but his staff was hired to elect him, and they did it. Trump doesn't have the brains to make up a real strategy. (Lots of politicians similarly, can't make up their own strategies to win.) I think the wall thing is all the staff, too. Trump wanted to come out against immigration of non-whites to play toward the racists in his crowd, but had no idea how to articulate a strategy to accomplish that. His staff thought he would do well with a wall because it is really simple, no complex plans, and he fancies himself a builder anyway. So they told him "Go out there and call for a wall" and it worked. The crowds ate it up. There is was no consideration of what would actually work. Just repeating the wall thing over and over somehow convinced people that it was a GREAT idea. Go figure. So now he is willing to wreak untold destruction and the country, even risk our security by crippling TSA staffing, food inspections, and protection of public lands, and increasing the illegal problem by freezing the immigration courts, all to to save face and to save his base, regardless of what an off-the-cuff, no-evidence, stupid idea the wall is.
Government can be back up and running tomorrow. Just tell the democrats to start negotiating. Even Cher has had enough of their stonewalling.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:50 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Trump LOVES being president. Why? Because he is a narcissist. He lives to have constant attention. Does it make him happy? No. He is incapable of happiness for the same reason. He lives for conflict, the fight. It doesn’t matter what the fight is about, he has no real principles. He thrives on winning, no matter the outcome because, that is All he’s got. Not that I have ANY sympathy for him but, he is as damaged as they come. A sad pathetic man.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:56 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Trump LOVES being president. Why? Because he is a narcissist. He lives to have constant attention. Does it make him happy? No. He is incapable of happiness for the same reason. He lives for conflict, the fight. It doesn’t matter what the fight is about, he has no real principles. He thrives on winning, no matter the outcome because, that is All he’s got. Not that I have ANY sympathy for him but, he is as damaged as they come. A sad pathetic man.
What a sad pathetic post.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:10 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And if he didn’t want to win then why did he campaign and visit those states more than The anointed one did?
But, but, has everyone forgotten the Russian connection? Our election was at the very least tampered with and hacked by Russian operatives. My little old opinion is that the old geezer is not a legal president and commander in chief.

I say hog tie him and drag him out of the oval office, before our country goes down the toilet with trump's idea to MAGA.

Where are the adults?

I have been thinking for a long time that he is itching to be fired. The old geezer is so closed minded, that I can't believe he can find his socks in the morning. Tunnel vision. Oh, that reminds me, does he even know about the tunnels, along the southern border? JMO, again.

Last edited by mollygee; 01-11-2019 at 05:25 AM..

Old 01-11-2019, 05:32 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
What a sad pathetic post.
I agree, guys! Exactly how I’d describe Individual 1, too: Sad, pathetic

Old 01-11-2019, 06:02 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Trump is kind of in a sticky situation. Being POTUS exposes himself to all that scrutiny for his actions, and he's way out of his league in being able to perform the duties, from both a knowledge/skill set and temprament standpoints. The problem is that if he steps down, he loses the shields from prosecution he has as the POTUS.

It's like this - he's riding a tiger, which is bad enough, but if he dismounts, he risks getting eaten by the tiger.
I never even thought of that. If Trump resigns, Mueller will come after him like a rabid dog because he will lose the legal protections afforded him as POTUS.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:12 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And if he didn’t want to win then why did he campaign and visit those states more than The anointed one did?
Because his strategists told him that in order to have the best chance of winning, those were the states to concentrate on. If he said no, those strategists would be under the impression he wasn't interested in actually winning. Those strategists aren't there for the fun of it - win, not just run, is what they are hired to do.

IMHO, he thought that he wouldn't win no matter what he did so what difference did it make to go along with the plan.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Trump cannot be happy in the job anymore. At this point, it's probably his ego and his thirst for attention that keeps him from resigning.

If I'm in my 70s and a billionaire, I'd much rather be on a 100 foot yacht and waking up in a new country every day. Not being miserable and having people point out how many times I lie every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies