Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 06:50 AM

6,253 posts, read 5,053,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Ah the resident cop wife returns to bestow the opinion that since cops get shot, they can collectively never to any wrong. People dont like cops for a reason. Because of bad people and bad cops they will continue to get shot. Go ahead and Stay in your copland bubble if you dont want to think objectively.
The resident cop wife is married to a man who was medically retired. He was a member of a drug task force, he was ambushed, he was seriously injured, he was retired. He didn't die.

The two officers I referred to who were killed were:

1. Both minorities (black and Hispanic)
2. Both women
3. Both rookies
4. Both 22 years old

The Louisiana officer was shot multiple times while on the way to work. The CA officer was shot multiple times by a passer-by while responding to a 3-vehicle crash. Ambushed.

I understand that this is a message board, an opinion board, and a free country (right?) where people are freely able to offer their thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics. I admin a pro-law enforcement page. There's corrupt cops out there. There's stupid cops with zero coping skills, zero analytical skills, zero people skills, and more. But there are also 800,000 officers across the country, the vast majority of whom are good, decent human beings just trying to do their job the best way they know how.

I don't live in a copland bubble. I would suggest that it is not me who is unable to think objectively. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 07:30 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,851,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Throwing the BULLCRAP flag again!
Labeling arguments easier than debating them. End the drug war and most of the animosity against cops goes away. Less dead cops, more freedom, no need to restrict the second amendment. A win/win.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
Police in Louisiana are so notoriously corrupt that I can't say any scenario would surprise me.
Speculation on my part this was some sort of domestic dispute.

She was murdered outside a residence. It has not been disclosed if this was her residence. There was a child inside the residence. It has not been disclosed if it was her child.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:55 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,131,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There's stupid cops with zero coping skills, zero analytical skills, zero people skills, and more.
Yeah funny I never see you actually calling the cops stupid in the threads where the cops actually do stupid things. Only defense. Quite Biased. I havent seen you be objective yet. But you can continue to look the other way. Your admin position on another board means nothing here.
Have a good day!

Old 01-12-2019, 01:15 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,956,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Another law enforcement officer is assassinated

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...down-way-work/

One is too many

Way too many of these occurrences!!
She wasnt white and shooting a black man so you won't hear about this in the national news. Thanks for sharing, this is the first I've heard about it. It's a shame that you can't go to work without wearing a target on your back.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:33 PM

2,362 posts, read 773,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The Bill of Rights primary purpose was to protect us from our own government.
You mean the 2nd amendment? You just don't know how to read. Is English your first language?

Old 01-12-2019, 02:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,851,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
You mean the 2nd amendment? You just don't know how to read. Is English your first language?
You do realize the second amendment is one of ten amendments making up the Bill of Rights? or did you fail third grade?

Old 01-13-2019, 08:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,657,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The resident cop wife is married to a man who was medically retired. He was a member of a drug task force, he was ambushed, he was seriously injured, he was retired. He didn't die.

The two officers I referred to who were killed were:

1. Both minorities (black and Hispanic)
2. Both women
3. Both rookies
4. Both 22 years old

The Louisiana officer was shot multiple times while on the way to work. The CA officer was shot multiple times by a passer-by while responding to a 3-vehicle crash. Ambushed.

I understand that this is a message board, an opinion board, and a free country (right?) where people are freely able to offer their thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics. I admin a pro-law enforcement page. There's corrupt cops out there. There's stupid cops with zero coping skills, zero analytical skills, zero people skills, and more. But there are also 800,000 officers across the country, the vast majority of whom are good, decent human beings just trying to do their job the best way they know how.

I don't live in a copland bubble. I would suggest that it is not me who is unable to think objectively. Carry on.
The suspect in the CA shooting has been identified.

“Davis, Calif. -- A man who shot and killed a rookie police officer in Northern California before taking his own life during a standoff with police was a 48-year-old convict who had been ordered to surrender a semi-automatic rifle.

Kevin Douglas Limbaugh's name was released Saturday as investigators continued to investigate his motive for the attack.”

https://abc30.com/suspect-in-death-o...ified/5063402/

Nothing being reported yet about a suspect in Louisiana.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You think someone murdered a cop with a legally purchased gun? My you are gullible.
You think a good guy with a gun (police officer) is able to stop a bad guy with a gun? My are you gullible.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:11 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You do realize the second amendment is one of ten amendments making up the Bill of Rights? or did you fail third grade?
Amendments are subject to change by lawmakers. Check your third grade civics text book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies